• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I had a chance to breakdown college film of Pascal Siakam, John Collins, and Mouhamed Gueye

NBASupes

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We literally drafted his (hopeful) replacement with Adriean Payne. RIP🙏🏽 

It was just an assumption. Adriean (Rest His Soul) could atleast be assumed to play C alongside Paul but again assumptions. I couldn't really tell you why.

Game 1 - He looked really good offensively. Defensively, he made a number of mistakes but they primarily had him defending the 3 and he was much better at that than defending 4s and 5s. Overall, he performed where u expected offensively and was much better Defensively than I expected. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Final_quest said:

The pick we got back from trading Adriean to Minnesota was used for Kevin Huerter.  Which means if we trade for KAT and give them the Sacramento 1st we would be flipping that same asset back to them again.     

Not to derail the Gueye thread. 

Ah nothing wrong with bringing it back full circle. That's life.

• Like 1

Gueye ‘s movement has Forward written all over it. I think his highest ceiling is PF. 

Imagine if no trades happen and you have JJ-Gueye-OO as your frontcourt of the future.

Switchable, versatile players that have the size and athleticism to play across positions defensively. Gueye and JJ can space the floor, OO can eat down low. 
Wow

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 6:04 PM, KB21 said:

Also, very few NBA teams are actually good at identifying traits that can be cultivated once in the NBA, and even fewer teams know how to develop players.  

So, yes.  He absolutely should have been a higher pick.  

And that's the biggest reason why you see some franchises constantly fail and never get it right.  Traits that can be cultivated AND will fit their overall team makeup.

The other thing I see is . . . "Oh, we already have a young prospect at this position. We need another prospect at another position".  This causes the team to possibly pass on a better player that they currently have, at that same position.  And those decisions end up being catastrophic at times.

• Thanks 1

Game 2: While he had good moments especially early in the game, he wasn't as good as game 1 on offense. Seemed like his explosiveness left when his body thumped the ground. He still played with tremendous feel outside of the last play of the game offensively. 

Defensively, this was by far his best game. He mainly was on the perimeter and was a nightmare for Payton Watson and Tyson. He did look terrible at the end when he was playing small ball 5. He just doesn't have the strength to play in the low post or in the paint.

I would say this might have been a better performance for him on D. I game 1, he was the Hawks best player by a mile. In game 2, I would say Vit outplayed him. Martin while being up and down was a close 3rd. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Defensively, this was by far his best game. He mainly was on the perimeter and was a nightmare for Payton Watson and Tyson. He did look terrible at the end when he was playing small ball 5. He just doesn't have the strength to play in the low post or in the paint.

I liked that he was vocal.on defense trying to set his teammates in the right spots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Game 3, today was his best defensive game and he made it difficult for Miller. He missed a couple reads but did as well as anyone on D for us. His shot just wasn't there and his touches were minimal on offense. Overall, he played well even though he shot poorly. The MVP today was clearly Tyrese Martin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Game 4, his worse defensive game but his late game defense was pretty good. He did a good job protecting the paint which is the first time he did it well this SL. 

Offensively, he was pretty good. Screen setting was underwhelming till late. His ability to crash nearly at a 90% mark is an massive asset on offense. Offensively, he's definitely can develop into a 3 but his handles isn't quite there yet. His movement off the ball is solid but he can move with more BBIQ which is possible as he gains experience. 

His best shooting game so far. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Game 5, definitely was his best game defensively. Dominated his matchups and was by far the best player on both ends defensively but offensively just didn't make of an impact early but still played with high BBIQ. 4th quarter, just made a couple bad decisions which was shooting a 3 when he should have drove or a bad pass to Kabs when he was well covered. 

Overall, good TS% 570% Range. 40% from 3 with nearly 3PAs. Good defense and while his Offensive rating and defensive rating will get crushed because of game 5, going into game 5, his offensive rating was 125.1, Defensive rating was 109.5 and going into today's game, his PER was 18.97.  Not bad at all. Good enough to be in the rotation but most likely to be in College Park and the likely favorite for 13th man. 

• Like 1