• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster

KB21

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I hate to say this but it looks like AJ is already getting a early dose of sophomore slump.

hopefully I’m wrong. 

Hasnt been the same player since he cut his hair.. Seriously.. Some Samson shit going on.. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Kobe bounced back

We know Mo G would've had a better game if he had more touches

Vit really impressed me

I'm very disappointed in AJ smh. You're playing against scrubs, you shoulda had a better showing than this

I agree with your top assessments. I'll add Lundy and Martin up there as well although I think Lundy ultimately has the edge for our squad.

I will say this now for anyone worried about AJ 😂🤣😭 Nobody on the main squad is doubting what AJ will be for us including the coaches. This is summer league he's playing out of position/role. PLEASE BE EASY😂😂🤣 This will a blip in most of you all's memories once the real season gets going.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Channing Frye

For some reason Channing Frye always cracks me up. I wouldn't mind seeing him commentating some real games. 

Greg Anthony😆 I'm not going to go there because some of these commentators do have similar voices. I wouldn't say those two are one of them but... Thank you @JayBirdHawk for always dropping the true stats.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JTB said:

I hate to say this but it looks like AJ is already getting a early dose of sophomore slump.

hopefully I’m wrong. 

It's just SL.   we don't know exactly what he's working on.  It will be OK. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sillent said:

For some reason Channing Frye always cracks me up. I wouldn't mind seeing him commentating some real games. 

Greg Anthony😆 I'm not going to go there because some of these commentators do have similar voices. I wouldn't say those two are one of them but... Thank you @JayBirdHawk for always dropping the true stats.

Really? Their voices dont sound similar to me. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hasnt been the same player since he cut his hair.. Seriously.. Some Samson shit going on.. lol

Honestly I do think our players play better when they keep their hair but I won't put too much into his summer league stock.

Still though JC started declining the 1st yr he cut his hair, Hunter to some degree. I hope that's not a jinx but you have a point.

Still when he's playing with legit ball handlers and threats like Trae and DJ as well as our other main players let's see if he looks like that. 

AJ, JJ and OO have great chemistry so like anybody who played basketball you're more comfortable playing with players you're more familiar with and as stated above it's easier to play better around better talent. Talent on the squad and opposing talent can lift a level of play.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's still only SL though.

True but I expect more from him vs lower competition. 
still early though…

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

Lol …does feel like that.

Synder wasn’t really playing him once he took over also but probably don’t mean anything 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As of right now, Bruno is the 3rd center.  Kabengele has a nice jumper, but he's nowhere near as polished defensively as Bruno.  If Bruno is dealt, then the spot opens up for Kabengele.

Out of all the players that actually give us and show us a lot more it's crazy the love people show Bruno here sometimes lol...

Maybe I'm still mad we picked Bruno over Bol Bol (personal bias) but to me Bruno does way more barking off the court than he actually has bite on the court.

He has talent but I don't know if/when he will ever get the true confidence to dominate with us. Honestly I'm not a Kabenjele guy either but I do think there are some summer league guys out there that could easily take Bruno's place.

I hope I'm wrong about Bruno but currently I highly doubt it.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JTB said:

True but I expect more from him vs lower competition. 
still early though…

24 minutes ago, terrell said:

I wanted to see more, yes...but saying he's in a sophomore slump?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wanted to see more, yes...but saying he's in a sophomore slump?

Yeah Im not gonna go that far yet.. lol

He actually looked pretty good on D..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sillent said:

Out of all the players that actually give us and show us a lot more it's crazy the love people show Bruno here sometimes lol...

Maybe I'm still mad we picked Bruno over Bol Bol (personal bias) but to me Bruno does way more barking off the court than he actually has bite on the court.

He has talent but I don't know if/when he will ever get the true confidence to dominate with us. Honestly I'm not a Kabenjele guy either but I do think there are some summer league guys out there that could easily take Bruno's place.

I hope I'm wrong about Bruno but currently I highly doubt it.

This is against actual NBA competition.  Not summer league.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That’s stupid and a waste of everyone’s time.

AJ could literally get injured running around out there, all just for defensive reps?

Dumb

I really don't expect him to play in anymore SL games. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bonzaii58 said:

Hello. Longtime lurker here. I tried signing up a year ago but never got the confirmation email. Tried again this week and it worked so now I’m here 😄

anyway, I’m liking Kobe’s aggressiveness tonight but was hoping to see our guards look for Gueye. Hopefully trae sees from the sidelines the missed opportunities and feeds them the ball during preseason if they get a chance to share the court with him.  

Welcome aboard!  We've had some young Hawks looking good!  Pre-season will see Mo G and Trae connecting.  Like you, I'm waiting with expectations for this!

On a side note, Braves extended their home run record, but lost the game.  Atlanta Dream won again last night!

Great to see our young Hawks get a win last night.  Again, welcome !!

:smug:

• Like 1