• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope the Siakam deal fails to go through.

givemesome1ce1

11 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Also, what’s up with the headline?  

We’re getting a report that a nonimminent trade is not happening in the next few days.

We just wanted you to know something you are not expecting to happen is in fact not happening.  

"CLICK HERE!!!  NOW!!! ..... because nothings happening." 

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In fairness, it seems it was a response to a fan question, lol.

Hey, we don't pay you for fairness, burd. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Man those maple syrup drinking can-ana-dans are seriously messed up in the mind

Too many NBA fanbases have delusional people and a strong sense of entitlement.  "Give us your expiring contract UFA who you don't want to keep at his price and who is publicly telling everyone that will listen that he may walk from any team that trades for him and we'll happily give you a mix of our All-Star guard who just signed an unbelievably great long-term contract and feel free to add whatever picks and young players you want to sweeten the pot."  That sounds about right.

• Haha 3

Siakam still provides the opportunity to have a true 5-out lineup, with a big that can also pass.

If the deal is Hunter + Capela + AJ for Siakam . . . how many are against that?

Starters

• Trae
  • DJ
  • JJ
  • Siakam
  • OO

Bench

• Bufkin / Mills
  • Bogi
  • Bey
  • Gueye
  • Bruno

Because Toronto has decided to wait, and if the Hawks don't show desperation to make a deal, you can possibly pull off a deal like this.

• Like 1

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Siakam still provides the opportunity to have a true 5-out lineup, with a big that can also pass.

Starters

• Trae
  • DJ
  • JJ
  • Siakam
  • OO

Bench

• Bufkin / Mills
  • Bogi
  • Bey
  • Gueye
  • Bruno

Because Toronto has decided to wait, and if the Hawks don't show desperation to make a deal, you can possibly pull off a deal like this.

5-Out / 3 point shooting lineup with Siakam at Center

• Trae
  • DJ
  • Bogi
  • Bey
  • Siakam ( shooting 50% from 3 in the first 4 games )

"Big" lineup

• DJ
  • Bey
  • JJ
  • Siakam
  • OO

The only question would be how much does the defense take a hit, with no Hunter and Capela?

52 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Starters

• Trae
  • DJ
  • JJ
  • Siakam
  • OO

Bench

• Bufkin / Mills
  • Bogi
  • Bey
  • Gueye
  • Bruno

JJ will be a better player than Siakim sooner than later. I wouldn’t trade all that for an upcoming free agent.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Siakam is still interesting for the right price, but only if we believe JJ can play SF and share the court with him long term.  That also requires one of Siakam or JJ to prove out their 3 ball to a respectable level.  We'd have to move Capela in the deal and get a big backup C too.

And JJ is shooting well this year so far (on a tiny sample), but that's actually very surprising to me.  I watch him a lot in shootarounds before the games, in the open practice, and the practice tape they post, and the guy bricks a shitload of threes.  Open gym bricking -- I hope he's just truly getting better but I wouldn't be surprised if his three ball regresses back down to ~30%

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Starters

• Trae
  • DJ
  • JJ
  • Siakam
  • OO

Bench

• Bufkin / Mills
  • Bogi
  • Bey
  • Gueye
  • Bruno

You should be embarrassed

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, 909 said:

JJ will be a better player than Siakim sooner than later. I wouldn’t trade all that for an upcoming free agent.

If he does, we're winning a NBA Championship very soon.

Siakam is already a champion and was a major piece to that title run.

So if JJ surpasses him, we're winning a chip.

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Starters

• Trae
  • DJ
  • JJ
  • Siakam
  • OO

Bench

• Bufkin / Mills
  • Bogi
  • Bey
  • Gueye
  • Bruno

Replace AJ in that trade for Bufkin and im 100% on board with this move.   If they want a extra 2nd round pick in value  while we keep aj and they get bufkin im down with that as well. 

PG Trae / Mills
SG Murray / Bogi
SF - JJ / Bey / AJ
PF - Siakam / JJ / Gueye
C - OO  / Fernando

Could still look for a good defensive big to add to the bench.

I like AJ alot more than Bufkin and im pretty quick to move Bufkin in trades so far lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Starters

• Trae
  • DJ
  • JJ
  • Siakam
  • OO

Bench

• Bufkin / Mills
  • Bogi
  • Bey
  • Gueye
  • Bruno

Of course I am because I highly value Hunter. Never liked the idea of trading him. Didn't ever care for any rumor with him in it unless it directly replaces him which this doesn't

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 909 said:

While I don't agree with this. I definitely think JJ is a lot closer to that 86 overall potential this year than he was last year where he was much closer to his 72 floor. This year, he's playing like a 82. I wouldn't put that with Siakam 86-88, he's not far from that borderline All Star level of 86 which was Josh Smith zone. He would have to significantly improve on defense and shooting to get to a 88-90 which is Trae's current zone. 

Siakam is a legit 86-88. Depending on his role and surrounding personnel. That said, JJ is ascending, Siakam has peaked. That said, he has a really good peak. 

If he goes anywhere, i would think somewhere like Philadelphia makes sense especially now that they have a lot of draft assets. It was always idiotic to think you were going to rape Atlanta on a trade. 

11 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You should be embarrassed

[] JJ for him is like Cam Reddish in Atlanta for me, no perspective because I want him to work out so bad. He made that [] thread and this is what he's pushing. Trade Dre even as Dre putting up the numbers [he] was begging Dre for. [] Thank goodness he ain't Landry Fields. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1