• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks starting PF? It can’t be JJ

Spud2nique

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

There is a lot of reaching in this post.

Baby Lebron

Don't understand the criticism of Trae's turnovers

Hunter comps to Kawhi which I always hated.

JJ has improved tremendously but he's still in that Josh Smith lane. Tweener lane. Not really a 3 or a 4. But he's a lot more consistent and a lot less flawed even if Smoove was more gifted physically. If he can become an all star, that would be amazing. 

Trae turnovers were some of the worst in Basketball. We seen shades this year but nothing as egregious as previous seasons. 

Hunter should have never been compared within our base to Kawhi. He never had Kawhi elite physical attributes. He was always going to be an high end role player in a hard to find role. 

I'm just a low IQ casual!

You're right about one thing, comparing Hunter to Kawhi was a reach.  Trae's turnovers are terrible at times, but it stems from a high confidence mindset that also allows for his greatness.  Are we really saying his turnovers are WOAT?  I'm shocked.

On 11/11/2023 at 7:26 AM, NBASupes said:

There is a lot of reaching in this post.

Baby Lebron

Don't understand the criticism of Trae's turnovers

Hunter comps to Kawhi which I always hated.

JJ has improved tremendously but he's still in that Josh Smith lane. Tweener lane. Not really a 3 or a 4. But he's a lot more consistent and a lot less flawed even if Smoove was more gifted physically. If he can become an all star, that would be amazing. 

Trae turnovers were some of the worst in Basketball. We seen shades this year but nothing as egregious as previous seasons. 

Hunter should have never been compared within our base to Kawhi. He never had Kawhi elite physical attributes. He was always going to be an high end role player in a hard to find role. 

Yeah, mentioning JJ and James in the same breath is crazy. For all his talents, he will never have the gravitational force of LeBron. 

I’d say JJ is playing like a much smarter Smoove. We’re getting the player we wished Smoove should have played like ten years later. That’s a great thing, and I think he can take it further than Josh ever could have. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Excellent thread … :boredom:

In basketball terms if this  thread was a one on one game vs JJ..

He stole the ball 🏀 from me at halfcourt, bounce it off my head and read for an alley oop to himself with the off hand while pointing down on the floor to me like Kemp on Lister.

😐 

image.gif.34c50df641aae966f709bcd8fd8447c3.gif

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Excellent thread … :boredom:

In basketball terms if this  thread was a one on one game vs JJ..

He stole the ball 🏀 from me at halfcourt, bounce it off my head and read for an alley oop to himself with the off hand while pointing down on the floor to me like Kemp on Lister.

😐 

image.gif.34c50df641aae966f709bcd8fd8447c3.gif

Oh no, squd.  You never go full Lister!  JJ out here Lister'ine'ng folks.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 10/15/2023 at 9:02 AM, Spud2nique said:

😂

I think you guys are gonna shove so much JJ in my face this year that I’m gonna have nightmares.. 😂 

image.gif.5dbb62f8005bf9e8898e50e98ae5bb89.gif

It was foretold! :laugh1:.

You ready???

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It was foretold! :laugh1:.

You ready???

Yes! 🤣 I’ll gladly eat crow 🐦⬛ about JJ all season long just keep it going JJ. I literally think about him a lot 😂 Dude was just a great under the radar pick by us. 

Him not really playing much at Duke helped us a lot. If he had played a lot there and developed he was a top 5 pick most likely in his draft. We got him at 19? Or 21? Wow.

As a franchise, we normally don’t hit that late into the first round with many players. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I just want to point out that @macdaddy and @SalvorMallow liked the OP.  They shld catch some strays too.

*pew* *pew*

🤓

:Bob: That's coooold-blooded, kg. 

Wowie my umm... Account got hacked and... I was on ambien that day... Plus it's my boy Spud I didn't want him to feel like he was on an island. 

This is definitely one of those times where I am happy to have my crow served up to me confit. JJ has been a breath of fresh air for this franchise when so many other things are going wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I just want to point out that @macdaddy and @SalvorMallow liked the OP.  They shld catch some strays too.

*pew* *pew*

🤓

:Bob: That's coooold-blooded, kg. 

I went back and read it and everything said is still true.  I love JJ and he's been super impressive but even with him we've been a .500 team.   As Spud said he hasn't done any 'heavy lifting' of being a true go to scorer at the 4 and as Supes said he's in Smoove territory right now.  We all see the promise and he's exciting as hell but we need him to be more than an opportunistic scorer.  Or we need more help in general. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I went back and read it and everything said is still true.  I love JJ and he's been super impressive but even with him we've been a .500 team.   As Spud said he hasn't done any 'heavy lifting' of being a true go to scorer at the 4 and as Supes said he's in Smoove territory right now.  We all see the promise and he's exciting as hell but we need him to be more than an opportunistic scorer.  Or we need more help in general. 

My man macd on skates.  Look at 'im, dodgin' this crow with all he's got.

I gotta sing ...

I can feel it comin' in da air to-niite?

Oh lo-ord ..  oh loo-ord ..

And I been waitin' for this moment.. all my li-ife..

😄

• Haha 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

My man macd on skates.  Look at 'im, dodgin' this crow with all he's got.

I gotta sing ...

I can feel it comin' in da air to-niite?

Oh lo-ord ..  oh loo-ord ..

And I been waitin' for this moment.. all my li-ife..

😄

Lol.  If it ain't true then why are we hell bent on trading for Siakam?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Lol.  If it ain't true then why are we hell bent on trading for Siakam?

For many on this site, a trade for Siakam is an absolute no go if it requires us to give up JJ.  But I think the bigger answer is the team as currently constructed is not working and the frontcourt outside of JJ has been of limited impact and has pretty narrow skillsets.  JJ is the only playmaker among them, he is the only one with a good handle for his position among them, and the non-Capela/JJ members of the frontcourt struggle to rebound.  So there is a desire for a shakeup and when you look at proven talent out there nobody is as available as Siakam so he becomes a reasonable trade target.  If there was a small forward or center version of Siakam then we would probably target that person as the top priority over Pascal.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

For many on this site, a trade for Siakam is an absolute no go if it requires us to give up JJ.  But I think the bigger answer is the team as currently constructed is not working and the frontcourt outside of JJ has been of limited impact and has pretty narrow skillsets.  JJ is the only playmaker among them, he is the only one with a good handle for his position among them, and the non-Capela/JJ members of the frontcourt struggle to rebound.  So there is a desire for a shakeup and when you look at proven talent out there nobody is as available as Siakam so he becomes a reasonable trade target.  If there was a small forward or center version of Siakam then we would probably target that person as the top priority over Pascal.

You mean like OG?

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

You mean like OG?

OG has never been an All-Star or All-NBA but there are certainly posters who preferred OG to Siakam.

• Like 2