• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks starting PF? It can’t be JJ

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm sure the coaching staff has talk with Trae about this for years

Prove it, there's no indication Nate or LP ever tried getting Trae to move off the ball

Steph does it effortlessly and nonstop

Who's passing the ball to Trae after he runs around? Also, they play totally separately so why compare them? Compare Trae to other ball dominant guards like Harden and Luka. 

LP told Trae to stop the logo shot but they continued

LP didn't like that shot, but where did he ever say he told Trae to stop shooting it?

Lotta assumptions being made with not much bball thought put into them 😕 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, akay said:

Prove it, there's no indication Nate or LP ever tried getting Trae to move off the ball

Who's passing the ball to Trae after he runs around? Also, they play totally separately so why compare them? Compare Trae to other ball dominant guards like Harden and Luka. 

LP didn't like that shot, but where did he ever say he told Trae to stop shooting it?

Lotta assumptions being made with not much bball thought put into them 😕 

Old debunked responses not worth relitigating

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Old debunked responses not worth relitigating

How do you say this with a straight face after all the things you've said lol

The Squawk is so great :laugh1:

• Haha 4

I feel sorry for anyone still pushing the Trae needs to play like Curry narrative. 

We can debate until the cows come home, but the number 1 stat that backs this up is that 4 years in a row Trae Young's Hawks have finished with a higher Offensive rating the Warriors.

We can keep comparing the individuals knowing Curry is unicorn and one of the GOAT's, or we can accept the fact that Trae is simply a better offensive engine for his TEAM playing exactly the way he does and the stats show that his style is more effective overall.

If we want to have a mature conversation about what Trae needs to do better then by all means lets focus on the defense, where individually and as a team, we have not gotten the job done with Trae. But please, stop this nonsense about him off the ball when we have NO trouble whatsoever putting the ball in the basket. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If the Hawk's starting PF can't be someone already on the roster then he must be that unnamed free agent that will be signed.  Guess we will just wait and see who he is.  Meantime, JJ is our starter!

😇

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I like the moves, but I'm not impressed by Jalen shooting over a guy who is 6 - 7 inches shorter than he is.  If he can do that vs a 6 - 7 guy, that would be more impressive.

Ya same. I’ve seen him do it over mismatches but what if the d stays home, does he still ride and hit that?

33 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya same. I’ve seen him do it over mismatches but what if the d stays home, does he still ride and hit that?

So what yall tryna say is ... "hee too schmall" 😄

And sheesh squd, who hate JJ more, you or iRobot? 🧐

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

So what yall tryna say is ... "hee too schmall" 😄

And sheesh squd, who hate JJ more, you or iRobot? 🧐

I don’t hate JJ, I just feel like y’all have him a reprieve, a pass, whatever you wanna call it and claim he’s better than he is. I need to see more proof before I want him in my starting lineup with Trae. That’s all I’m saying. He’s a very athletic and skilled young man obviously.

Also count me in the pro-JJ crowd. He has the type of game that plays well even without plays called for him. I also like Bey in his role and don’t mind playing him at the 4 for short stretches would be more ideal next to Capela than OO because Dre is such a poor rebounder.