• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks starting PF? It can’t be JJ

Spud2nique

• Moderators

We need a player with an elite offensive skill at the 3, 4 or 5.   That was the problem last year that Hunter, JC, Capela weren't really bringing it on that end.  Bey looked great in comparison.  

I think JJ may be that guy eventually but it's doubtful that's going to happen so quickly.   JJ,00 4/5 has tons of potential but right now isn't an offensive threat and has some d issues too.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry but I can’t start JJ at the 4 this upcoming season. He hasn’t done enough to justify a starting role on a club looking to get not only in the play in but homecourt in the playoffs.

We have Trae and DJ, we need a vet starting at PF.

Look, I like JJ but I watched 80/82 games last year, possibly 81, he would do most of his damage in small stretches in the floor. He hasn’t done any heavy lifting as far as PT.

I don’t see how many of you are comfortable with him starting. 

I dunno 🤷‍♀️ 

We're not looking for a top 4 seed if we plan to give all of our young guys significant playing time.

If it happens, great!

But that's not our goal .... unless we trade for Siakam.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

As our PF? Perhaps these days why not with the pf shooting 3’s and whatnot. Love 💗 me some JJ. 6 straight times he was an all star folks ⭐️. Pay the man his due.

Joe Johnson Looks Ripped In Recent Pictures, Sparks Rumors ...

Joe Been on his Hulk Hogan Regimen...  Lift weights, taking his vitamins, and saying his prayers. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

14.9 minutes… 5.6 points 4.0 rebounds 1.6 dimes .5 block .5 steal per..

Yall want him to start?

I need more this is like Chris Crawford in 99.

Given more minutes may not 🟰 better stats.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/crawfch01.html

I was about to say, I don't remember Chris playing bad when he got extended minutes.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We're not looking for a top 4 seed if we plan to give all of our young guys significant playing time.

If it happens, great!

But that's not our goal .... unless we trade for Siakam.

I believe as soon as we picked up DJM, our goal was to win. 

Yeah, we're fighting through chemistry issues. 

Yeah, we're very young in core places. 

Yeah, we are thin and thick at the 4.

But.. we have the talent to be a top 4 team.   There's no need to continually press the panic button.  And there's no need to take this "passive aggressive" we're not expecting to win tone because we may stand pat.   That's BS.  We are expecting to win.   We have talent that can win.  Stop Pouting.  Siakam is not the way forward.  KAT may not be either.  We may have just what we need.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I think JJ may be that guy eventually but it's doubtful that's going to happen so quickly. 

That’s all im saying. @macdaddy we got the check 💰 with JJ and pieces like Clint and Hunter, could we please just go for it now that Trae is entering his prime. 🙏🏿 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I was about to say, I don't remember Chris playing bad when he got extended minutes.

Perhaps it was just a time that I hated when we were about to enter a long rebuild and we desperate and Spree and Camby had just whooped. 

Us

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It's called a hot shooting streak. Every player has them.

I would love to see Bey's shot selection in both places as I said on another thread.  I suspect he had a much higher quality of shots in Atlanta with more room to shoot and from better spots on the floor.  That may well be coupled with a hot streak but I'd sure like to see if the shot quality varied in going from an inept Detroit team to a much more talented Atlanta team.  

If no one has the data, I suppose we'll see it play it this season either way and see if playing for Quin and with Trae, etc. has resulted in easier shots or if it was all a smokescreen and he is truly a 34% 3pt shooter.  I'm betting on something closer to 37% this season.

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We all saw that from Jalen Brown in the playoffs

Brown shot 35.4% in the playoffs.  His career 3pt% is 36.5%.  That just means more of a return to his normal shooting as compared to his regular season which was extreme outlier for his career.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Heck...Dre has played in 16 playoff games and is shooting 40% from 3 in the playoffs

Hunter has definitely benefited from more attention given to his teammates in the playoffs like that Miami series.  He made good on those attempts.  Hopefully that will continue in both the regular and post-season to some degree for him.  Like with Bey, I'd expect that the 40% was a combination of better shot quality and periods of good shooting.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I would love to see Bey's shot selection in both places as I said on another thread.  I suspect he had a much higher quality of shots in Atlanta with more room to shoot and from better spots on the floor.  That may well be coupled with a hot streak but I'd sure like to see if the shot quality varied in going from an inept Detroit team to a much more talented Atlanta team.  

If no one has the data, I suppose we'll see it play it this season either way and see if playing for Quin and with Trae, etc. has resulted in easier shots or if it was all a smokescreen and he is truly a 34% 3pt shooter.  I'm betting on something closer to 37% this season.

Brown shot 35.4% in the playoffs.  His career 3pt% is 36.5%.  That just means more of a return to his normal shooting as compared to his regular season which was extreme outlier for his career.

Against the Hawks