• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks starting PF? It can’t be JJ

Spud2nique

13 hours ago, Diesel said:

Since he was 21 and a starter at Center, he has averaged 65 games per season.   Last season he played in 65 games.   That's decline?

Hey, I'm not fighting with you.  If you don't think he's declining then I'm fine with it.  It's your prerogative, Bobby Brown.  

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Not my problem anymore, and not that my opinion should matter one iota... btw, what's an iota.... but I digress... but... you folks sure as hell better hope that JJ indeed is so superior to JC that he more than replaces JC's minutes.

It's football season, tho. Let's do this. Cowboys defense lookin like a juggernaut.

• Haha 1

IOTA: Webster says that iota is the ninth letter and the fourth vowel in the Greek alphabet.  In English, it denotes a small or insignifant mark or part.

For anyone who didn't slresdy know this, thank Sturt for asking!

:smug:

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Hey, I'm not fighting with you.  If you don't think he's declining then I'm fine with it.  It's your prerogative, Bobby Brown.  

With Age,  every player declines. even Lebron James (The steroids just don't work as well anymore).   However, when you say we should trade CC because he is in decline...  Then we have to look at how steep a decline he's in.  Of course, he's not the CC of 2020... That's a career high CC.  It should not be our expectation that he will be better than that.   However, there's no steepness in his decline. 

It's false pretenses that people use in order to justify either trading CC for pocket lint or moving OO up.   OO should hit his own bench marks and earn the starting position without us making up Bogus things about CC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Not my problem anymore, and not that my opinion should matter one iota... btw, what's an iota.... but I digress... but... you folks sure as hell better hope that JJ indeed is so superior to JC that he more than replaces JC's minutes.

It's football season, tho. Let's do this. Cowboys defense lookin like a juggernaut.

image.gif.a19ad07c2b3fd9faeba4dbaee737d8fd.gif

He gets phone calls 📞 🤙

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

With Age,  every player declines. even Lebron James (The steroids just don't work as well anymore).   However, when you say we should trade CC because he is in decline...  Then we have to look at how steep a decline he's in.  Of course, he's not the CC of 2020... That's a career high CC.  It should not be our expectation that he will be better than that.   However, there's no steepness in his decline. 

It's false pretenses that people use in order to justify either trading CC for pocket lint or moving OO up.   OO should hit his own bench marks and earn the starting position without us making up Bogus things about CC.

Dude, I'm not reading all this.  I said I'm not fighting with you.  It's ok if you're wrong ... ahem, I mean, its ok we just disagree. 🤓

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

“While everyone seemingly awaits Atlanta’s inevitable change at center from Clint Capela to Onyeka Okongwu, there is another path to making this frontcourt more dynamic,” Buckley wrote on September 12. “Finding starter-level minutes (if not a starting spot altogether) for springy third-year swingman Jalen Johnson would do the trick.”

Barring the Hawks completing their long-rumored trade for Toronto Raptors star Pascal Siakm, Johnson is one of two players presumably vying for the starting power forward spot vacated by the trade of John Collins to the Utah Jazz.

The former No. 20 overall pick in 2021 has already flashed his tremendous potential.Unfortunately for him, his role was reduced in the postseason.

Johnson was far from perfect, shooting just 27.3% from the three-point line and 40% at the charity stripe.

The Hawks posted a minus-1.8 net rating with Johnson on the floor last season, per Cleaning The Glass. But two of the top three groups in terms of minutes that included him posted positive net ratings. And Johnson has a clear size and defensive advantage over his apparent top competition for the starters’ job, and his offseason work could pay huge dividends.

Saddiq Bey a viable option for Hawks too

If Johnson had Saddiq Bey’s shooting stroke the Hawks would have the power forward spot solved. What Bey lacks in size compared to Johnson, he makes up for with a knockdown efficiency, shooting 40% from beyond the arc in his 25 appearances with the Hawks.

Bey also averaged 4.8 rebounds, 1.4 assists, and nearly 1.0 steals per game with Atlanta.

He averaged 13.8 points, 5.1 boards, 1.8 assists, and 1.4 steals per game while still shooting 40% from three in his seven starts with the Hawks.

But the Hawks posted negative net ratings with him on the floor including in three of the top four lineups. Coincidentally, the group that posted the best rating with Bey on the floor included Johnson and vice versa.That variety already offered on the roster is likely why the Hawks aren’t overly desperate in their pursuit of Siakam. Taking the current group into the season lets them gauge exactly where the group is and what it might need to take another step forward. Despite another first-round playoff exit, there was a notable difference in the Hawks after Quin Snyder stepped in as head coach.

That variety already offered on the roster is likely why the Hawks aren’t overly desperate in their pursuit of Siakam. Taking the current group into the season lets them gauge exactly where the group is and what it might need to take another step forward. Despite another first-round playoff exit, there was a notable difference in the Hawks after Quin Snyder stepped in as head coach.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I just gave this thread 5 ⭐️ Magnificent whomever came up with it. 

Here’s my take ..

The positive that comes from JJ starting is his unselfishness and lack of confidence will increase the volume for our superstar Trae, as well as our star DJ. 

If we wanna save Trae down the stretch, Bey better start and bring a bit of volume.

• Like 2