• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Based on what i seen in the preseason, I think this team could finish 1st in the East.

NBASupes

Unbeaten!  Let's keep it this way for a while.  This Hawk team is better than they were - 41/41 - last season.  We will miss our PF from last season and wish him well.  

Quin and all his assistant coaches are installing a new system and it's looked good in pre-season.

Hawks are not perfect.  No team is.  Sadly, we will lose games.  So will every other imperfect NBA team.  I must beelieve we are capable of winning more than half our games.  Time will tell.

:smug:

• Like 4

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Unbeaten!  Let's keep it this way for a while.  This Hawk team is better than they were - 41/41 - last season.  We will miss our PF from last season and wish him well.  

Quin and all his assistant coaches are installing a new system and it's looked good in pre-season.

Hawks are not perfect.  No team is.  Sadly, we will lose games.  So will every other imperfect NBA team.  I must beelieve we are capable of winning more than half our games.  Time will tell.

:smug:

Would love for this team to stay above .500 from start to finish.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Would love for this team to stay above .500 from start to finish.

it really all comes down if they win tonight.  Win tonight and it guarantees they'll be above .500 for half the season.  Lose tonight and it will guarantee we'll be below .500 for half the season.

Don't argue with science.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

I'm mad, I gotta miss games 2 and 3.   Going to Vegas tomorrow for long weekend.   Can't even watch at a sports book cause I'll be at Blackhawks game during the Friday game and I'll be at pre Cirque du Solei dinner during the Sunday game.

At least I'll be back in time to watch Monday.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, shakes said:

it really all comes down if they win tonight.  Win tonight and it guarantees they'll be above .500 for half the season.  Lose tonight and it will guarantee we'll be below .500 for half the season.

Don't argue with science.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, shakes said:

I'm mad, I gotta miss games 2 and 3.   Going to Vegas tomorrow for long weekend.   Can't even watch at a sports book cause I'll be at Blackhawks game during the Friday game and I'll be at pre Cirque du Solei dinner during the Sunday game.

At least I'll be back in time to watch Monday.

Enjoy the time in Vegas Shakes. The highlight videos on Youtube will show a lot of the games anyway. 

4 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

We've been there before. This franchise has not shown that it can get to the next level. I'm not going to even go on to rip the players in a way that I might have years ago.

They have lost talent. You have what was a largely mediocre season year.... What do you do in response? You lose talent and do lateral moves. They wait too long to trade Collins. They did nothing notable to make this roster better following that.

It boiled down to "We like our young guys".

Ok, but... There is nothing to suggest that the folks at the top are determined to get to the next level. 

The current players and the coaching staff are capable of going out there and doing better than last year, but they also got to overcome ho-hum ownership and management.

I respect you stating your position with reason. That may sound condescending lol but you don't sound like you're hating.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

60 wins Hawks lost their 1st game as well. 

It is a marathon.  But we still just tripped over our feet off the starting line.  The team has to pick themselves back up and get back to it.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...