• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Based on what i seen in the preseason, I think this team could finish 1st in the East.

NBASupes

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

Now we are just too flawed to win more than a playoff series unless 4/5 are weaker which I am not expecting to see this year but this is definitely a top 4 team in the East and I think they can finish 1st. 

Still Boston, Milwaukee, and Philly are built better for the playoffs. 

Boston, Milwaukee and Philly just lack too much high-end depth but that doesn't matter in the playoffs. I think we are still short on high end talent. Bey while likely having a breakout year will likely get exposed during the playoffs.

I also don't expect any trades for us. 

I expect us to be the big raisers and for Memphis to be the big fallers for this regular season. 

Keep an eye on: Pelicans, Spurs, and Rockets

Watch for their decline: Cleveland, Dallas, and the Jazz.

My questions are:

1. What makes Philly any different than previous seasons where they've fallen short?

2. Is Dame/Giannis really going to work?  and there are always question marks with a new coach for me.  Bud got a lot out of the Bucks.  They won a title with only one real star.

3. Boston i agree is tough.  They just need Jrue and Porz healthy. 

• Like 3

Just now, macdaddy said:

My questions are:

1. What makes Philly any different than previous seasons where they've fallen short?

2. Is Dame/Giannis really going to work?  and there are always question marks with a new coach for me.  Bud got a lot out of the Bucks.  They won a title with only one real star.

1. They will always be a good playoff level team and I do like the addition of their coach from Toronto (Nurse).

2. In the playoffs, I have no doubt it will work. Bud was looking washed last year and he had a lot of personal issues. AG should have them looking good. AG has a lot of talent as a coach. 

3. Boston is legit. Depth is the only issue. 

• Like 2

I gotta take a wait and see approach with this group.  I'm really optimistic on their ceiling if it all comes together, but I gotta see Trae and DJ play well together instead of all the your turn my turn junk.  I gotta see them actually make shots, not just take more from outside.  I gotta see JJ play well in a game that matters, not just the preseason.  And I gotta see Hunter and Bogi stay healthy. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think our bench is way too weak for us to get any higher than #5. Perhaps I'm wrong, and I surely wish I am, but there are some guys there that I don't see having much of an impact. 

Our rookie doesn't look ready at all, AJ didn't look much better than last year (if any), Bruno is Bruno. 

If we are to get into the top 4 of the East, I think it will be because of Hunter and/or Bey, but I just can't see it right now. Here's hoping Quin will do an excellent job at the helm. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I think our bench is way too weak for us to get any higher than #5. Perhaps I'm wrong, and I surely wish I am, but there are some guys there that I don't see having much of an impact. 

Our rookie doesn't look ready at all, AJ didn't look much better than last year (if any), Bruno is Bruno. 

If we are to get into the top 4 of the East, I think it will be because of Hunter and/or Bey, but I just can't see it right now. Here's hoping Quin will do an excellent job at the helm. 

JJ, Okongwu, and Bogi. Plus we got vets like Wes and Mills for leadership. AJ is the kid we are all waiting to see what he can consistently bring. I love our top 9.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

Hope springs eternal in the human breast!

If this Hawk team remains healthy and the coach & his staff remain, we will go far!  (Now watch us fall flat)  All pre-season we watched as this team exploded early in every game.  They only faltered later in the game.  

How many starting fives did we see?  Answer.  How many pre-season games we played because each game was different.  Hawks will now plan for each opponent.  You just don't do that in pre-season.

We will be over .500 this season.  The Quin effect if nothing else!!

:smug:

• Premium Member

We are dependent on a young group of players taking the next step.

Can we maintain an effective offense when Trae sits?

I think it comes down to our defense, can we get out of the basement and be middle of the pack....creeping to at least top 12.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Watch for their decline: Cleveland, Dallas, and the Jazz.

Agreed. I'll also throw the Kings in here too. How do they react being the hunted? They came out of nowhere last season and surprised many.

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

My questions are:

I look for PHI to fall as flat as JoeLLLL does after light contact.  The Harden mess will fester, folks will realize Maxey is basically guard version of Toby Harris (good numbers, meh impact on winning), and folks will start to get why Nic(k) Nurse ran aground in Canadia.

Hater-mode in full regular season form, folx.  What team should I do next?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Bufkin may be our 11th/12th man

AJ is our 9th man and 3rd in pecking order at both positions he will play

Bruno is possibly not in the top 12 some nights and no higher than 11th the nights he is.

Our main bench rotation will be a heavy dose of Bogi, OO and JJ. AJ will play less minutes this season as 9th man, and then you will see Mills and Matthews likely before you see Bufkin or Bruno.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Agreed. I'll also throw the Kings in here too. How do they react being the hunted? They came out of nowhere last season and surprised many.

The Kings should be really good. They great a great scheme, great coaching, and elite fit. They are just a regular season team unfortunately. Defensively, they are really bad but they should be excellent again. Health obviously being the only concern.

Edited by NBASupes