• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Based on what i seen in the preseason, I think this team could finish 1st in the East.

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I never put a lot of stock into the preseason.  Its just about getting some reps in, building some chemistry and seeing who will make the team.

I do. The preseason tells me what to expect. Most of the times, it's not good or just meh. Rarely is it ever great. I saw signs of greatness this year. Last time I said that, it was the 60 win Hawks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I never put a lot of stock into the preseason.  Its just about getting some reps in, building some chemistry and seeing who will make the team.

I'd say it gives a glimpse into how they want to play, which can be telling.  No guarantees, but you can't have a good season with a bad plan of attack.  I really liked what we were trying to do.  Seemed more repeatable and less wishful (if that makes sense), which is how we played in prior years. 

• Like 3

We need a top 15 defense.  

We need to shoot better from 3.  Primarily Trae needs to return to 2021-22 efficiency.

We do those things and we can easily make a top 4 seed.  If not we will be about .500 again IMO

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If we have another season of Win one, Lose one for much of the season ......I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

giphy.gif

I need consistency and stringing wins together.

But isn’t that consistent to win one, lose one basically all season?

things that make you go 🤔?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

60+ wins

1. Hawks - RS superstars, pretenders

50+ wins

2. Celtics - contenders

3. Bucks - contenders

4. 76ers - P

40+ wins

5. Knicks - P

6. Heat - tough playoff squad

7. Nets 

8. Cavaliers

9. Bulls

10. Pacers

30+ wins

11. Pistons

12. Magic

13. Raptors

20+ wins

14. Hornets

15. Wizards

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

WC prediction 

1. Pelicans

2. Nuggets

3. Kings

4. Suns
5. Lakers - health
6. Warriors - health
7. Clippers - health

8. Grizzlies
9. Thunder
10. Wolves
11. Spurs
12. Rockets

13. Mavericks
14. Blazers

15. Jazz

WC prediction 

50+ 

1. Pelicans

2. Nuggets

3. Kings

40+ 

4. Suns

5. Lakers - health

6. Warriors - health

7. Clippers - health 

8. Grizzlies

9. Thunder

10. Wolves

11. Spurs

30+

12. Rockets

20+

13. Mavericks

10+

14. Blazers

15. Jazz

• Premium Member

In the East, 

I believe that Milwaukee will be good as advertised.   They are really big. 

I believe that Philly won't be as good as advertised. 

I believe that Boston will be good when they are healthy. 

I believe Cleveland and Indiana will raise their level of play to top 4 like.

I believe that we will be top 4 also. 

I believe Detroit will be fun to watch.  I believe NY will be Jekyll and Hyde.   I believe that Washington and Charlotte can beat anybody on any night but won't.   Orlando is a mystery. 

In other words, the East is wide open (IMO) with the only team set is Milwaukee.   In the playoffs, Milwaukee will miss Jrue's defense. 

Then there's Miami.  I don't know how they can lose players every year and still be legit. 

Toronto had a great preseason.  The problem was that it was preseason. They will be a very hard out but they will be out. 

I believe that Shaq, Charles, Kenny, and Ernie will continue to dominate the ratings. 

• Thanks 3

21 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Now we are just too flawed to win more than a playoff series unless 4/5 are weaker which I am not expecting to see this year but this is definitely a top 4 team in the East and I think they can finish 1st. 

Still Boston, Milwaukee, and Philly are built better for the playoffs. 

Boston, Milwaukee and Philly just lack too much high-end depth but that doesn't matter in the playoffs. I think we are still short on high end talent. Bey while likely having a breakout year will likely get exposed during the playoffs.

I also don't expect any trades for us. 

I expect us to be the big raisers and for Memphis to be the big fallers for this regular season. 

Keep an eye on: Pelicans, Spurs, and Rockets

Watch for their decline: Cleveland, Dallas, and the Jazz.

Can you elaborate on what feel those flaws are?

Me personally (and I'm worried about this every year), I'm worried about our size/ability to be physical.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Can you elaborate on what feel those flaws are?

Me personally (and I'm worried about this every year), I'm worried about our size/ability to be physical.

I explained it on the pod. It's too difficult to beat Philly, Milwaukee, or Boston in a 7 game series with Bey and Trae defensively. Now Trae offense covers a lot as long as we have spacing offensively but Bey offense even if he helps with spacing doesn't cover enough for himself. That's personnel issue. 

The hope is one day we have a three level scorer who can shoot and also defend 4 positions at the 4. That player just isn't currently on this roster, the hope is we can develop one of our 4s into that guy. If it's JJ or Gueye. Without any movement skills for JJ, I doubt it. For Gueye, his movement skills are of a big man package, not guard package like Bey and his short movement game like Kevin. 

Bey offensive value will be massive this year like DMC value in our 60 win team but like DMC, does he add enough value for the playoffs for us, probably not.