• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We don't have two years. Trae's trade clock starts this summer. All he has to do is get Rich Paul to say Trae is requesting a trade outside of Atlanta. That's it. When you are at two years, you have trade leverage in this league. 

Trae has to be on the block right now. More than even Murray. He can't be on the trade block but he has to be on the if a star is available, Trae has to be available. It's that simple. We don't have time. 

You know youll never get anybody here to agree with trading Trae right?

It doesnt matter what the return is....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Happened often in the previous era. I was just doing a full moves deal. The only draft I really want combined is ATL/PHX/TOR. Makes us look like we being serious. ATL/WAS can be it's own deal. 

Tony ain't got no reason too. This team is going nowhere. He's not gonna pay the LT when we aren't anywhere close. 

Agree with the last part.. Thats just smart business.. 

• Admin

What about a Trae for a Mikal Bridges /  Dinwiddle type of scenario.  Then make the package for Siakim.  Then we have a nice well rounded team that also really defends.  Moving DJM to pg and Bridges coming into play SG would be a pretty awesome backcourt that could shut down a lot of folks.  DJM is suited to play PG and that would work for both teams.  

... not trying to trade Trae but getting the right pieces to win would be a reason to.

• Premium Member

With all the working parts with this organization, it's a tough situation.    Hawks need talent and the previous GM did not bring in the right pieces to fit with Trae.  I hate to see Murray go, but to get any type of return that may be what has to happen.   Tony is not going to get in that high threshold unless he sees the team really advancing.   Trae is a great one on one player that has played hard this season, he wants to win and so does everyone else on the team.   One thing I've noticed is when we get in the 4th quarter and keep jacking 3s and go cold we lose the game.   We need an inside player that can score or get to the free throw line, we don't have that player on the roster.   

• Like 4

Just now, Vol4ever said:

With all the working parts with this organization, it's a tough situation.    Hawks need talent and the previous GM did not bring in the right pieces to fit with Trae.  I hate to see Murray go, but to get any type of return that may be what has to happen.   Tony is not going to get in that high threshold unless he sees the team really advancing.   Trae is a great one on one player that has played hard this season, he wants to win and so does everyone else on the team.   One thing I've noticed is when we get in the 4th quarter and keep jacking 3s and go cold we lose the game.   We need an inside player that can score or get to the free throw line, we don't have that player on the roster.   

LIve by the 3 die by the 3

I dont trust ANYONE on this squad late in games..

Maybe Bogi but even he does stupid shit at times in crunchtime..

They all get shaky as hell(full panic mode) smh

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Roster fixed

Murray/Delon

Booker/Bogi/Kobe

Hunter/Bey/Allen

JJ/Gallo

OO/Nurk/Bruno

I agree with you this roster would perform better than the one we have now.  Booker is a really underrated defender and he's a better and more efficient three level scorer than Trae.  Trae's strengths are unfortunately minimized to some extent within the offense Quin has us running.  Booker/Murray/JJ would be able to create enough offense within Quin's system to make up for Trae's absence.  Our defense is much better here and our depth is better.  Suns would be much better to with Trae, a true facilitator, for Beal and KD, and Trae can score in bursts if the defense gives him space.  I don't know how realistic the trade is (does Trae want to be in Phoenix?  Does Booker want to be in Atlanta?) but I do think it would make both teams better.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Blaming Tony is foolish. It would help the depth but we aren't much better than a couple spots up while he would lose 50-100 million in profit which will turn into losses. It just don't make sense and this team is just not anywhere close to contending. That's not gonna make Trae stay. Trae wants to contend. If Tony needs to be blamed for anything, it's listening to Trae about Murray. 

Agree with this especially -- the biggest indictment on Tony, if the rumors are true, is him listening to non-basketball people to make decisions.  There have been no opportunities to burst into the tax that would have made a difference for this team.  If JJ continues to get better and demands a big contract, and the team has turned the corner, that would be the next opportunity to go into the tax to pay him.  Otherwise, you're talking about MLE type players, or the Heurter/Collins/OO type players, who are not worth going into the tax with this roster.  We don't have enough talent to support rounding out depth with luxury tax dollars.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

LIve by the 3 die by the 3

I dont trust ANYONE on this squad late in games..

Maybe Bogi but even he does stupid shit at times in crunchtime..

They all get shaky as hell(full panic mode) smh

I don't know what our issue is and why we change things up late in the 4th but a part of me dies inside when I see Trae taking side step off-balance rainbow threes at the end of shot clocks.  Why do we stop running the offense in crunch time?  We're not an iso team but we pretend like we are for the most important 2-5 minutes of every game...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

You guys are amazing.   It's like a bunch of Babcocks on here... Just knee jerk reactions everywhere. 

Let's talk about what we know...

1. It takes time to learn Synder's system.
  2. We have been kept on the cheap so we have zero bench. 
  3. Injuries have hurt us at the 3 and 4 with Depth. 
  4. JJ was thriving in our system before he got hurt. 

I'm convinced that if we throw JJ, DJ, Trae, and Bogi with what we have now.. even with Hunter being out.. We will win 70% of the games we play.  When Hunter comes back, that's about 75-80%.

But we're living in somebody's imagination thinking number 1 that Trae must go.. or that DJ must go.  Some of you want to trade a 20/6/6 player who shoots 45/38.. for freakin draft picks??  Excuse me?   You guys are nuts. 

Do this... Take a deep breath.. Step back and let's see what we have.   It's still a month before the deadline.  If 1 month passes and we're still in this situation, sure, pull the trade for tanking....   Just don't trade Trae for a guy 1 year from retirement... That makes Zero freakin sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You guys are amazing.   It's like a bunch of Babcocks on here... Just knee jerk reactions everywhere. 

Let's talk about what we know...

1. It takes time to learn Synder's system.
  2. We have been kept on the cheap so we have zero bench. 
  3. Injuries have hurt us at the 3 and 4 with Depth. 
  4. JJ was thriving in our system before he got hurt. 

I'm convinced that if we throw JJ, DJ, Trae, and Bogi with what we have now.. even with Hunter being out.. We will win 70% of the games we play.  When Hunter comes back, that's about 75-80%.

But we're living in somebody's imagination thinking number 1 that Trae must go.. or that DJ must go.  Some of you want to trade a 20/6/6 player who shoots 45/38.. for freakin draft picks??  Excuse me?   You guys are nuts. 

Do this... Take a deep breath.. Step back and let's see what we have.   It's still a month before the deadline.  If 1 month passes and we're still in this situation, sure, pull the trade for tanking....   Just don't trade Trae for a guy 1 year from retirement... That makes Zero freakin sense. 

70%

No we won't. With Hunter, even that statement is highly questionable 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Just throwing it shit out there at first. I wasn't even thinking that deeply about it. In fact, it lead to the real deal which actually does help us in Devin Booker. 

I am all in for Devin Booker for Trae. That trade I posted is tremendous for both teams. Fixes each team issue. Considering how bad shit is in Atlanta and Phoenix. It's like the perfect trade for both parties. I understand Trae stans gonna bitch but he has trade power this summer, I would much rather Booker than Reeves, Vando and Gabe Vincent with a lot of useless picks. 

All of the trades I've heard with the Hawks name been ass. None have been any good. None will make us better. I finally found a trade that would make us better as well as the other team. 

If we could get Booker, get Murray and improve the team to have more balance then yes I would move Trae for that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If we could get Booker, get Murray and improve the team to have more balance then yes I would move Trae for that.

It ain't gonna make us a contender but it gives us 4 years to try and figure out who fits around those two. Even gives us a chance to do a stupid trade like one for Siakam. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I agree, DJ can guard 1s but still he just isnt a good enough shooter to me for that to make a huge difference, here, JJ and DJ would need to shoot better for this to work, but I agree the premise is there.  

• Like 1

Win it all this season - - Trading for players who can win but are one year from retirement.  Makes a lot of sense.

Can't possibly win it all this season but would improve with players one year from retirement.  Makes no sense at all.

If and when this Hawk team ever gets 100% healthy, we have a good team.  Much better than a .500 team.  When we continue to have one or two starters out with injuries, we don't have great bench players to step in and fill the need.

AJ Griffin was good last season.  He's just left his teen years.  We assumed he would be here this season, a year older and more mature.  We were all counting on him.  We saw what he was capable of last season.  Whatever has happened to him has been bad for the Hawk team.  I hope, whatever the problem is, he recovers and finishes the season well.

Hawks need a victory!  Let's go up to Chicago and get us one!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

• Like 1

The problem with hero ball and superstar roster acquisitions is how it deprives you of depth. A la Phoenix now. 

I’ll say it again, SCORING IS NOT OUR ISSUE. Trae raises the offensive floor of any team and we are already top 3 offense and doing it without a dearth of shooters on the wing. Any trade that does not increase our interior defense or length and shooting on the wings does not make us better and there are trades out there to be had to increase both of those things without giving up any one of our core players to do it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1