• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

4 minutes ago, TheBigETrain said:

Exactly. Even if it was true that they can’t afford him next season, they would wait til off-season to make the necessary trades.

Only moron GMs like what the Hawks in 1994, would trade a star player from a 1st place team in-season.

This is not anywhere near the same situation as us in 94. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Sounds like the players know this backcourt isn't working.

What these players should learn is that just because another player is your friend, it doesn't mean your games will mesh.

We've been through the small backcourt stuff before.

I think it's the idea of playing with another legit top 50 player that appeals. They think this will make life a lot easier for me. Atlanta overpaid for DJ. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Five biggest chatter out there other than us is:

1. Brooklyn has an interest in Lauri M but doesn't like Ainge's asking price which is insane. 

2. Teams are still interested in Zach L but Chicago wants what they consider serious offers. Many teams aren't willing to give what CHI wants and many think they should be compensated for Zach. 

3. I was told, teams are appalled by Chicago's asking price for Caruso. They want two 1sts. Real ones too. Not the two 2nds nonsense. 

4. Portland is said to be sellers but the price is high. No one is cheap. 

5. The Siakam trade market is dead. No one is seriously interested in trading assets for Siakam knowing he has his eyes on Philadelphia. I know I said I wouldn't talk about Atlanta but we were out on Siakam weeks ago. Toronto knows this and is trying to manufacture trade hype to get a desperate offer. I was told, don't be shocked if Siakam stays with Toronto till the offseason. 

PS strikes me as a headcase.

38 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

PS strikes me as a headcase.

I don't believe he is. I just think he wants to go back to a situation he had when he had Lowry and Kawhi. Where he gets to be a part of a contender again. 

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I told Jay ass,

🤨 

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Going to bed now.

🤨 

I’m sorry but y’all gettin reeeeeeeel comfy…

I’m gonna put on a face mask to cleanse the crap out of my face and prolly take that ish to the jacuzzi and sit there and rub my own feet 🦶 while wondering what Landry up to..

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, ryandauwalker said:

While the thought of KAT is amazing, his contract is enormous and gives me pause. Am I crazy?

Nope! If it don’t work out it would definitely be the end of the Trae era.

it is what it is….

22 minutes ago, JTB said:

Nope! If it don’t work out it would definitely be the end of the Trae era.

it is what it is….

Thats the problem.  This mess started when the Hawks forced Travis Schlenk to trade Doncic for Trae...

71e72c8890c511f4c0d5617173b0292212e51b3a

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The Atlanta Hawks have a Trae Young problem; Quin Snyder is there to fix it, one way, or the other

Starting with the locker room, it's no secret there's a serious disconnect between Young, the team's star player, and many -- though some say nearly all -- of his teammates. He is not beloved, sources say, and there's a strong view that Young fails to lead, to understand or care to understand what is required of him, and that as a result the team will never achieve what it should until that reality is fixed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/the-atlanta-hawks-have-a-trae-young-problem-quin-snyder-is-there-to-fix-it-one-way-or-the-other/

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Sad 1

Post Schlenk Luka/Trae

Can’t decide if this is a circus or a reenactment of the movie Major League.  I mean c’mon…it’s either that or there’s a hidden agenda here somewhere.

The 35 year old GM is a Stanford grad, 5 year NBA career (2010-2015) shortened by injury.  Andy and Landry show (2011)?  Sing Your Face Off contestant (2014)?  Hired as Spurs G League team GM 2019.  Asst Hawks GM in 2020 then hired as Hawks GM 2022.  

- June 2022, Hawks FO led by Sing Your Face of GM completes Murray trade.

- June/July 2022, Uh oh moment…then decides to try and protect his rep.

- July 2022, goes out and hires someone who has NBA experience and ties to the Hawks.  Enter Kyle Korver as Director of Player Affairs and development.  

- A random sleepless night…December 2022, Ressler…battling severe bouts of indigestion…decides to pull and look at Sing Your Face Off GM resume to make sure it said Stanford and not Samford.

- January 2023, 6 months after his initial hire…wooosh…KK promoted to Asst GM.  Ressler reiterates to FO and media he has final say.

- January 2024, we’re waiting….

Edited by Chrimturn

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

This is from March 2023. I'm not really plugged in this year, but when I do watch, I don't see any on-court evidence of bad team chemistry. We just aren't good. But the guys seem to like each other. 

Vit gotta be one of my favorite 15th roster spot guys

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I heard MIN is looking for a real but protected 2024 1st and one future unprotected 1st for KAT. Is what they were looking for. I was told, they were targeting sum-of-parts deals but Murray is someone they always coveted and been in talks with Atlanta and SA for Murray for years. I think KAT for Murray/Mills is a fair trade without the picks involved. Just my opinion. I always post the deal I know will get done. Never the best case deal. The best case for Atlanta is Murray/Mills for KAT. Best case for MIN is that same deal but getting what they were asking NY for initially which I posted in the first sentence. Ideally, Atlanta trades DJ/Mills and SAC 1st for KAT. Makes the most sense for everyone involved. Keeps MIN out of financial hell. Gets them a top 40 player and a top 10 PG who's in his prime and fits their window. 

I would do Murray and Mills plus sac 1st and another protected first to get KAT in a heartbeat. 

What Trae needs is a 1b or 2 fromtcourt player. KAT fits with our other young front court players perfectly offensively and defensively.

Probably won't happen, but if it does I will be a season ticket holder for the first time..lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

This is from March 2023. I'm not really plugged in this year, but when I do watch, I don't see any on-court evidence of bad team chemistry. We just aren't good. But the guys seem to like each other. 

You better OUTWARDLY like Trae or you are OUT of there. Ask:

1. Llyod Pierce

2. Cam Reddish

3. Travis Schlenk

4. John Collins

5. Nate McMillan

• Haha 1