• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, SerbianHawk said:

Why would the best team in the west give their second best player for DJM? This would be a worse move than trading Wilkins in 1994.

That trade ain't happening imo.  The league would really look down on a team trading its best player to a team that won't even make the playoffs.   

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Tomorrow might be DJM last game in ATL. Heard something was close

I've heard the same. Landry is motivated to move on and work on the retool 

• Like 4

I think we will do well to replenish the coffers with as far as picks go to say the least after the deadline, which kind of resets us a little after this last few years. Bogi is gonna bring something nice. Love the guy would love to keep him hell bought his jersey this offseason

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Playing here and living here is to different things. What SuperStar free agent in their prime have the Hawks signed.  Guys who are trying to win a championship have never taken the Hawks serious. The Hawks will need to have the players in place and a front office that's willing to spend to attract high level players. If that happens then all the great features of Atlanta will come into play.

You can't argue that high level free agents will come to  Atlanta until they do.  The Hawks as an organization haven't been respected that way. Just saying !

We agree that Free Agents want to come here. We have a slight disagreement on why they DON'T come here.  The dysfunction is intentional.  The NBA is a business.  Remember when the NBA front office blocked Chris Paul leaving New Orleans and going to L.A.?  The Doncic for Trae trade was made for the same reason.  As long as EACH NBA market has at least ONE superstar and that superstar fits the deomographic, thats all the NBA cares about.  I believe the Hawks dysfunction is a part of that along with other monetary reasons.  

People may not like what I say but I been watching this same stuff over and over in Atlanta since the 1970s.  Its a game. Its BUSINESS.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

If we move DJM for a front line player - I hope we are able to make some follow up moves and get someone(s) like Royce O’Neal, Delon Wright, Gary Harris and Drummond. We need some physicality. Team is too soft. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

We agree that Free Agents want to come here. We have a slight disagreement on why they DON'T come here.  The dysfunction is intentional.  The NBA is a business.  Remember when the NBA front office blocked Chris Paul leaving New Orleans and going to L.A.?  The Doncic for Trae trade was made for the same reason.  As long as EACH NBA market has at least ONE superstar and that superstar fits the deomographic, thats all the NBA cares about.  I believe the Hawks dysfunction is a part of that along with other monetary reasons.  

People may not like what I say but I been watching this same stuff over and over in Atlanta since the 1970s.  Its a game. Its BUSINESS.

This is partial truth mixed with your own conjecture. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

56 minutes ago, Sothron said:

39 minutes ago, ryandauwalker said:

Mikey/Sothron - how would you rate the trade you heard from 1-10? I imagine you can’t give details, but any color would be appreciated!

Yes please rate the trade if you are able to share….

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

DJM getting traded for a TPE & cash considerations?

:Korver: "Wait, who toldju we ..... guys, get Landry on the phone, we may have another leak on HS.  No, not 'high school' you idiot!  Hawksquawk!"

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

This seems really early for a big trade.  Usually teams wait until the deadline to try to do better.  Not saying you haven’t heard this is close or that the Hawks hope to close on a deal ASAP or whatever - just that I’m skeptical whether something happens this early.  If we do, hope we knock it out.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yes please rate the trade if you are able to share….

Don’t know the full details just the team. Haven’t heard how many picks are in it either and the protections. If they land the young player in it which I think they are it’s about as good value as they can get in a djm deal imo 

• Thanks 2