• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

-I suspect the Hawks will come out on the worse end of whatever trade they do.

-Schlenk may have thought he had a plan, but the results say that it wasn't a good one. Almost nothing he did worked out for very long 

All I can go off of is Mikey and Sothron as I don't have a direct within the Hawks. That said, they been a week ahead of me with Hawk info. Chances are, they are right moreso than me with the Hawks info. If this goes the way it's said, Trae will be out of here by the end of the summer and this fanbase will desert the team for sure. 

• Sad 3

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I don't feel great about the state of the team moving forward. I'm tired of our team always being on the outside looking in. 

I'll say we at least have the foundations of being a good team.

•  Trae is an all NBA level talent who has proven he can take us to the playoffs and win games 
  •  Quin is a proven high level coach
  •  Jalen is a rare player archetype that we get to develop and grow alongside Trae

Of course we'd like to be more stable and have clear vision for the future, but at least we know for a fact that 

•  Trae wants to win a chip in ATL
  •  Nick and Tony want to keep their cash cow happy
  •  Landry is going to make moves that hopefully creep us towards winning a championship

We're in a new era of the NBA where pretty much any team has a good chance of winning vs the same few super teams always at the top. We have key pieces of the puzzle, and motivation to fill out the rest.

Whatever return Murray gets us, we'll be on the path towards filling the roster out with players Quin can work with and get us competing at the level we expect. 

All in all, at least we ain't the Pistons 🙏🏽

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

All I can go off of is Mikey and Sothron as I don't have a direct within the Hawks. That said, they been a week ahead of me with Hawk info. Chances are, they are right moreso than me with the Hawks info. If this goes the way it's said, Trae will be out of here by the end of the summer and this fanbase will desert the team for sure

If he's not, will you desert?  

• Haha 4

I’m not sure how all of this will play out. But if they don’t bring in another star with Trae then I can’t imagine him wanting to stay here beyond this summer. And If he doesn’t make all star I can see that contributing to his frustration too. 

it’s unfortunate but it is what it is. I really wish we’d just push all of our chips in and go for a star now. It’s not like time is on our side before Trae asks out anyway. The only saving grace may be his relationship with Quin Snyder but we HAVE to make moves soon to show we’re serious. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Bonzaii58 said:

I’m not sure how all of this will play out. But if they don’t bring in another star with Trae then I can’t imagine him wanting to stay here beyond this summer. And If he doesn’t make all star I can see that contributing to his frustration too. 

it’s unfortunate but it is what it is. I really wish we’d just push all of our chips in and go for a star now. It’s not like time is on our side before Trae asks out anyway. The only saving grace may be his relationship with Quin Snyder but we HAVE to make moves soon to show we’re serious. 

Where is this narrative coming from? I haven't seen anything reported that can be construed as Trae wanting to leave Atlanta. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Please tell me that after figuring out that DM is too small to work with Trae that we aren’t imagining that Kobe will be our future SG.  That is doubling down on stupid.  DM had an all-NBA defense selection.  Kobe has a few nice G-League games.  If Kobe can’t fill backup PG minutes what is he going to do?  Why would we ever use our lottery pick on a backup PG?  We have screaming needs at positions other than PG.

As for trading DM, we absolutely need to mail this trade.  We have a handful of valuable assets.  He is one of them, maybe at the front of the line as far as guys with whom we are willing to part.  He is under contract at a good price for years.  Even if everyone knows we are trading him we should have leverage because multiple teams will want him.  That should mean a bidding war.  While we will not recapture all the value we unloaded in the trade, we need to get as much as possible.

There's been multiple offers for DJM. This is not a need to dump due to LT situation.

Kobe was brought in to be DJM leaving insurance. Kobe has enough size to play SG if they go that route with him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's been multiple offers for DJM. This is not a need to dump due to LT situation.

Kobe was brought in to be DJM leaving insurance. Kobe has enough size to play SG if they go that route with him. 

The Kobe pick makes more sense now. I just wish we could've seen him play actual NBA minutes already. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Where is this narrative coming from? I haven't seen anything reported that can be construed as Trae wanting to leave Atlanta. 

He wants to win.  Not gonna wait around and continue losing here.  

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

How does a Kobe have enough size when DM clearly didn’t?  It is one thing to make the mistake with DM.  It is another to go all in on a guy without a single meaningful minute of NBA play who is the closest thing going to the guy who just failed to fit.  

Man I hope I am so wrong on him.  I want to bang my head against the wall hearing we plan to use our lottery pick on a backup PG.  just *{%%ing pay Delon Wright.  Get us the big men and wings we need.  And I say this as someone who loves Reed Sheppard.

Kobe has like 15-20 pounds on DJ and hasn't had much time to work on his body.  I don't disagree with your sentiment though -- feels like a lot riding on a dude who hasn't seen the court in meaningful minutes, and bringing in more guards feels a little weird.  Why aren't we targeting backup bigs?  If we send out Capela, we have no true center that belong on an NBA court.  OO is good for some matchups but very bad for others.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

He wants to win.  Not gonna wait around and continue losing here.  

Agree in that I think that is taking a big step back could end up with him looking to punch out.  We need to retool not rebuild.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Trae is not leaving Atlanta. The  young guys/picks will be used to find upgrades in the offseason if not in a three team trade.

This current team has failed. The FO realizes it and is addressing it. Again, we simply cannot rebuild because of the picks owed for three straight years to the Spurs. 

If what you say above happens then he will stay.  What happens if it doesn't pan out with moves in the future?  

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

All I can go off of is Mikey and Sothron as I don't have a direct within the Hawks. That said, they been a week ahead of me with Hawk info. Chances are, they are right moreso than me with the Hawks info. If this goes the way it's said, Trae will be out of here by the end of the summer and this fanbase will desert the team for sure. 

And where would Trae go?  I just don't see it, even if he wanted to leave.  He doesn't have leverage like that and he's got 2 years left on his deal this offseason.

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Kobe has like 15-20 pounds on DJ and hasn't had much time to work on his body.  I don't disagree with your sentiment though -- feels like a lot riding on a dude who hasn't seen the court in meaningful minutes, and bringing in more guards feels a little weird.  Why aren't we targeting backup bigs?  If we send out Capela, we have no true center that belong on an NBA court.  OO is good for some matchups but very bad for others.

Even if Kobe is Kobe Bryant 2.0 backup PG is a luxury.  We have an elite PG who plays 35 mpg and rarely misses time.  We have issues where we have nothing to counter 7 footer bigs, we have a single wing defender who misses 1/3 of every season, etc.  We have big needs.  Don’t use your lottery pick on a luxury item that can be filled for half of the MLE.

[As an aside, I’m still waiting for a reason not to worry about whether he will work out.  His college career was unimpressive:  barely played as a freshman and an unexceptional jack of all trades master of none kind of sophomore season (3rd option on his college team that failed to make the tourney; mediocre 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 turnovers a game against college competition).  He needs to take a huge jump to be ready to be part of the rotation let alone starting.]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ryandauwalker said:

Total misunderstanding!! I just meant it like “I am not JTB, but…” because the original post was directed to you, not me.

I know you have been here a long time and are very level headed and knowledgeable. Hopefully that clears it up!

My bad! 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

That’s my biggest fear!….unfortunately the way it looks is that this has way too big of a chance at happening. We just gotta keep it real.

31 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Trae is not leaving Atlanta. The  young guys/picks will be used to find upgrades in the offseason if not in a three team trade.

This current team has failed. The FO realizes it and is addressing it. Again, we simply cannot rebuild because of the picks owed for three straight years to the Spurs. 

I hope you’re right. I can’t see how Trae can be in love with any of this and honestly at this point of where he’s at as a talent I don’t even blame him.

i have absolutely no faith in this FO!!!!….NONE

im like @JayBirdHawk and may have to wait to watch the hawks next season. 

• Like 1