• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

KAT's contract is not something they can afford starting next season. Everyone here knows I'm a Twolf fan as well as a Hawks fan. Trading for Murray helps both teams but I don't think they are going to go that way with a DJM trade.

Atlanta doesn't have the money for KAT contract either in the offseason and if they do a trade, MIN would still be hard capped on the 2nd apron

• Premium Member

Was reading the Utah Jazz thread on RealGM to see what they were saying about their 4 win in 5 games.  I found this interesting quote that sums up our situation as well.. This after Kris Dunn plays 23 min, 1 turnover, and 13 assists.

I'm not sure that I have sufficient grasp on modern NBA objectives, but isn't it a time to trade every moving body for first round picks? Starting from LM and KO? And put Dunn on bench for developing young players to trade them later?

This is how I feel listening to us scramble.   Some of what we're hearing is CAP.  But the rest is just desperation talk.

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

Murphy

That was my dude in that draft. One of my 3 top dudes. I’ll find it if you push my buttons! 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Anyone reading a piece data and giving their opinion on the Hawks is instantly banned to me. 

You gonna ban yourself! That’ll be fun, can I watch? 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

One of the reasons I started rooting and following them last season

Yo Soth, can we talk? {pulls Sothie aside}..
Hey brother the Hawks side chicks being the Nuggets and Wolves were known but the Pels? You can’t have 4 teams I’m sorry that’s like loving the NBA bro. 

In fact, I’m gonna dock you points on the Nuggs winning thinking you only had them the wolves and the Hawks but you bangin a forf bro. It’s time to choose man you can have 4 wives unless you built something real sneaky in a cul de sac like a guy I know. 😐 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With the news of Morant going down, this is the deal I'd make, if Murray wants to go to New York

image.thumb.png.5f6a524ee15060db321d20cd84bc280f.png

Grizzlies may want to solidify the tank, and might sell off Smart to do it. 

Ressler may sign off on a deal like this, because this means that he doesn't have to pay Smart 30+ million next season, like he would have to do Murray if we kept him.

If the Knicks really want Murray, give a draft pick to Memphis to sweeten the deal.

Truth be told, Smart has been absolutely horrible offensively this year with poor shooting and a lot of turnovers.  But he's still a very good POA defender and he's top 5 in steals.

DJ is worth much more than this.  And we honestly should at least get a 2nd round pick in a deal like this.

But I'd rather have a proven defender like Smart, than 3rd stringers like Grimes and Fournier.

🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yo Soth, can we talk? {pulls Sothie aside}..
Hey brother the Hawks side chicks being the Nuggets and Wolves were known but the Pels? You can’t have 4 teams I’m sorry that’s like loving the NBA bro. 

In fact, I’m gonna dock you points on the Nuggs winning thinking you only had them the wolves and the Hawks but you bangin a forf bro. It’s time to choose man you can have 4 wives unless you built something real sneaky in a cul de sac like a guy I know. 😐 

When teams build teams the right way and play the right way I can't help but support it. There's very few teams I just don't like. 

Hawks>Twolves>Nuggets>anyone else if that helps when it comes to my teams bro 😄

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Anyone reading a piece data and giving their opinion on the Hawks is instantly banned to me. 

he made some good points. It was nice having an outside perspective that didn't just auto dump on Trae or the Hawks.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

it makes no sense when the rumor is, Trae is counting his days in Atlanta. 

Haha, it makes sense when people admit this isn't an actual rumor.  It's just a thing people say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Knicks assets are meh, a bunch of picks but all from good teams. They have nothing appealing…Grimes is meh too. Their fans also think they’re getting him on a discount so they can trade him for Dmitch or another star in the off-season. lol

Edited by GThawks3
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

he made some good points. It was nice having an outside perspective that didn't just auto dump on Trae or the Hawks.

That's the only thing he got partially right. So if he dumps on everyone else but the players you like and says nonsense, its worthy of being posted? He doesn't even watch the Hawks.

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

When teams build teams the right way and play the right way I can't help but support it. There's very few teams I just don't like. 

Hawks>Twolves>Nuggets>anyone else if that helps when it comes to my teams bro 😄

I got a lil crush 😻 on OKC but don’t tell cagey. We haven’t flirted to much yet but I like the way they move. 😐 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

They will use the word retool so much when these trades start happening that you will think we were Home Depot. They do not want the fans to believe this is an outright rebuild.

You can’t rebuild without using the right retools. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

everything he said was right, but he also didn't say anything we don't already know and have beaten to death in this forum.

• Thanks 1