• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Update: Spurs are probably the leading contender to get DJM at this point in time. They can not only offer our own picks back but have other real firsts and not fake firsts to offer. Keldon Johnson would be the most likely player coming back to us.

@kg01 is gonna be cluching his pearls.

I don't think we'd get back both unprotected picks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member

It's disgusted to see us want our picks back.   Let me know when any of those picks put up 20/5/5 in the next 2 years.   But Hawks fans will celebrate the return of their draft night parties.   I Hope DeAndre is ready to be the leader of the Hawks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

If we trade DJM we need a first round pick for this upcoming draft + someone useful at a position of need this year. That's as good as I'm capable of imagining a trade getting for us. 

If we are getting like the 22nd pick in this year’s draft I don’t put much value on that unless we can flip it.  You can always get lucky but most picks in the 20’s aren’t very good and this isn’t supposed to be a good draft so that lowers the odds further from an already bad baseline.  I’d need a young player who is almost worth DM by himself for me to be happy.  Not like NY’s 2024 pick and Grimes or something like that,

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

This would be a great outcome for Atlanta.  All their picks back and 26 swap back plus a Vassell homecoming for Murray.

Send them Mills back too for Graham/Cedi

That is too much to expect.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01 is gonna be cluching his pearls.

I don't think we'd get back both unprotected picks.

But who'd have to eat more crow, me or the Sput fans that said 'good riddance' to Murray and said he was a thug? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

We’re 14 and 21. We’re a bad team that’s poorly constructed.

I’ll take the picks back.

Picks don’t win chips.

BUT

Picks can be used to acquire players who can help win chips.

Rookies and the AJ Griffins of the world are not enough to go against the top teams with proven All-NBA players.

Take the Spurs. They have a ton of draft picks and young players. They finally drafted a centerpiece and what’s the first thing you hear? They are willing to come off ALL of those picks they acquired to put a veteran talent around their young superstar.

Drafting is a huge crap shoot and it takes YEARS for these kids to become viable players. A 2025 #16 overall pick is not what is going to keep Trae from leaving town. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

We’re 14 and 21. We’re a bad team that’s poorly constructed.

I’ll take the picks back.

I think it's foolish to believe that the poor construction is DJ.

• The poor construction is two smaller guards with small bigs. 
  • The poor construction is lack of defensive mind.

I'm begging for some size on this team. 

OO is cool but he's a bigger problem than DJ. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Kelden is Pop’s golden boy, that would be a major development if he not only trades him but includes the picks. Kelden is so beloved and overrated in SA that I am surprised Pop isn’t demanding a 1 for 1 swap. He is their “OG Anonouby” lol

Wonder why he has went to the bench?

24 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's disgusted to see us want our picks back.   Let me know when any of those picks put up 20/5/5 in the next 2 years.   But Hawks fans will celebrate the return of their draft night parties.   I Hope DeAndre is ready to be the leader of the Hawks.

You see that @Peoriabird?

12 is going to be the leader of the Hawks in 2 years.  Or maybe as soon as the summer of 2025.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If anyone is doing the 'yay we got sum pix so nows we can taink' thing

You got a lot of that... right here... in this thread. 

It's the natural progression that if you trade DJ for picks, Trae is going to want out.   So I hope DeAndre is ready to be the leader of the Hawks in the near future. 

36 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Update: Spurs are probably the leading contender to get DJM at this point in time. They can not only offer our own picks back but have other real firsts and not fake firsts to offer. Keldon Johnson would be the most likely player coming back to us.

Booooo!!!!!

Give us Vassel... 😀

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

I like Johnson but he is also not a good defender

Just think about it...  Defensively....

Bogi = We know he's terrible. 

Siddiq = I give you my boy... and DAMN  he's terrible. 

JJ = He skirts terrible. 

OO = He got to stop Ball watching.   He should be a much better rebounder and on ball defender at this time but he's close to what he was when he got here. 

Use the TPE to bring in Delon... and trade the Matthews.  We got DJ and Trae out here and the only other real defender is Clint and they get swamped every night. 

We just have a poorly constructed and SMALL team.  We need size.