• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They have players with value and are good. Saying a playoff team has nothing but worthless players is not logical. The question would be is what are they willing to give up for Murray or anyone else on our roster. Fornier is a scrub at this point in his career but guys like Grimes have real value.

39 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Seems like the prize is going to be picks for Murray, haven't heard any needle movers in terms of player talent.  Maybe someone like Grimes is a good fit and we can develop him further, but I don't know his game well enough to really comment

These are all the Knicks picks from other teams.  If it's a pick-centric deal the ones in red are non-starters.  So that leaves unprotected NY picks from 2025 and beyond, their 2024 pick and the Dallas 2024 pick this year.  Like I said before, these picks will need to be traded immediately for help.  Or to me this is just another cost cutting manuevre.

2024 first round draft pick from Dallas
Dallas' 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-10 in 2024 and 1-10 in 2025; if Dallas has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2025, then Dallas will instead convey its 2025 2nd round pick to New York [Dallas-New York, 1/31/2019]

2024 first round draft pick from Detroit
Detroit's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-18 in 2024, 1-13 in 2025, 1-11 in 2026 and 1-9 in 2027; if Detroit has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2027, then Detroit will instead convey its 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Detroit-Houston, 11/24/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]

2024 first round draft pick from Washington
Washington's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-12 in 2024, 1-10 in 2025 and 1-8 in 2026; if Washington has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2026, then Washington will instead convey its 2026 2nd round pick and 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Houston-Washington, 12/2/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]

2025 first round draft pick from Milwaukee
Milwaukee's 2025 1st round pick to New Orleans protected for selections 5-30 or to New York protected for selections 1-4 (Milwaukee's obligation to New Orleans or New York will thereafter be extinguished) (via New Orleans to Portland to Detroit to New York) [Denver-Milwaukee-New Orleans-Oklahoma City, 11/23/2020; New Orleans-Portland, 2/8/2022; Detroit-Portland, 7/6/2022; Detroit-New York, 7/6/2022]

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These are all the Knicks picks from other teams.  If it's a pick-centric deal the ones in red are non-starters.  So that leaves unprotected NY picks from 2025 and beyond, their 2024 pick and the Dallas 2024 pick this year.

Their pick this year and Dallas’s pick this year aren’t worth much given that this is viewed as a weaker draft and both will be late picks.  Next year’s isn’t worth much to me either.  All their guys are in their 20’s and adding Murray should make them better making their picks worth less than they are today.  

They do have some talented players but not sure who they would be willing to move and who we would want.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, theheroatl said:

If we surround Trae with length and defense . ....Marcus Smart

On 1/10/2024 at 1:54 AM, Spud2nique said:

Let’s get Pascal and Smart in and CC Hunter Bey AJ or whatever combo that isn’t Trae JJ or OO. 

On 1/9/2024 at 1:25 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Grizzlies may want to solidify the tank, and might sell off Smart to do it. 

That's past the TDL.

• Sad 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

They have players with value and are good. Saying a playoff team has nothing but worthless players is not logical. The question would be is what are they willing to give up for Murray or anyone else on our roster. Fornier is a scrub at this point in his career but guys like Grimes have real value.

Grimes is noting special and def not worth an all star caliber player like Murray

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:
  • Los Angeles has continued to tell teams it doesn’t want to part with Austin Reaves, sources said. There does seem to be a pathway for a Murray-to-Los Angeles deal if the Lakers would be willing to include Reaves, sources said, although that would require the Hawks to send back more value for Los Angeles’ liking. Around the league, D’Angelo Russell’s $17 million salary has not been viewed as a valuable trade chip for the Lakers to bolster their roster behind LeBron James and Anthony Davis.

• New York is looking at various avenues to upgrade its point guard depth behind Jalen Brunson, sources said, while the Knicks also continue to evaluate center options because of Mitchell Robinson’s ankle surgery. Although with Murray in favor of a fresh start, according to sources with knowledge of the situation, it seems questionable that adding the former All-Star to pair with another ball-dominant lead guard like Brunson would have much different results than Murray’s partnership with Young. Of note: When Atlanta and New York discussed the 2022 trade that brought Cam Reddish to the Knicks, the Hawks valued Quentin Grimes during those talks, sources said.

• Philadelphia is not in any rush to add a piece or burn any of the Sixers’ newfound draft capital by way of the Harden trade, sources said. Philly has been conducting due diligence on various point guards available for the trade market — although Tyus Jones doesn’t seem to be a target to keep in mind for the Sixers, sources said. If the Hawks don’t operate with urgency to find a deal, perhaps a trade could come to fruition for Murray closer to the deadline. That being said, there’s little expectation among league figures that the Sixers will pursue Siakam or LaVine during this trade window.

• Miami has left rival teams with the impression that the reigning Eastern Conference champions are looking for ball-handling reinforcements. The Heat are another suitor to keep an eye on for Murray, although there hasn’t been anything substantive beyond initial talks between Atlanta and Miami at this point, sources said.

• Detroit can and should have all kinds of options on its board while mired in the league’s cellar at just 3-34. While head coach Monty Williams has routinely shifted his lineups with the mind of figuring out what personnel maximizes franchise engine Cade Cunningham, landing Murray would mark an intriguing upside swing for a rebuilding organization that shared aspirations of competing for the play-in this season. The Pistons being another team monitoring Siakam indicates Detroit is evaluating bigger improvements to the league’s lowest team, even if smaller tweaks are more likely for the Pistons.

• Brooklyn has been another potential Murray destination mentioned by multiple league personnel, as the Nets are seen as an ideal spot from Murray’s side of this dynamic, sources said. But Brooklyn and Atlanta haven’t shared significant dialogue to this point, sources said, and the Nets don’t appear to be actively pursuing Murray at this juncture.

The Bulls have also inquired about Murray, league sources told Yahoo Sports, as part of Chicago’s exploratory efforts to return All-Star talent for LaVine. Yet those talks never gained much traction with the Hawks, sources said. And while the Spurs continue to be mentioned by league personnel as a potential landing spot for Murray, San Antonio does not currently bill as a probable outcome for Atlanta’s trade approach either, sources said.

The best individual player mentioned in all of these scenarios is Lavine. Offensively he is the best fit for an off guard or wing next to Trae who can light it up. Think Bogi with hops. But defensively…….. Quinn would be having nightmares.

Brooklyn has the best player assets and is the best landing spot for Murray.

Both are viewed as the least likely trade partners for the Hawks. Go figure.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Grimes is noting special and def not worth an all star caliber player like Murray

The sad thing about Grimes is, if they knew how to draft, they'd already have that caliber of player in the rotation.  Now, since they don't, they're looking to overpay for one then pretending like that's a fair deal.

Grimes would help us but, if it costs Murray, that's basically like taking out a 401k loan to pay off gambling debts to keep from getting yer legs broke.  And I promise thats not autobiographical.

:Bob: Sounds like every 'Tuesday' in my house, kg. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sounds exactly like what we have been talking about for the past week and half.

My biggest concern honestly. Trae having fun in OKC or somewhere else, while we flounder around like the Pistons.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unfortunately this is the biggest concern of mines.

i wish I could predict the future. I think the hawks should work on extending Trae young’s contract as soon as it’s possible 

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Diesel said:

image.png.018e2510005e6c3a8400142050d501

I don't think DJ is going to be traded.   Just a bunch of guys talking.   Nothing makes sense. 

I’d love if we can make a Trae/DJ/JJ/OO quartet work if we could build pieces around it. I love Bogi too, but thinking more long term.

Edited to add, get that ugly winter storm looking thing off your recent posts @Diesel

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They playing with fire 🔥 if they get picks back.   Front office gonna end up loosing him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Unfortunately this is the biggest concern of mines.

i wish I could predict the future. I think the hawks should work on extending Trae young’s contract as soon as it’s possible 

Trae not signing back here

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, ABH said:

Trae not signing back here

Very dysfunctional ownership and front office.  I would consider acquiring Siakam on the rental.  He will leave in the summer.  I would say the asking price for him by Toronto has gone down.  At least he would come in and move the needle a little this last half of the season and give up hunter and a guard.  At this point i wouldn't move DJ unless a player of equal value comes back to us.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Week and a half? Since he started here. That boy special and he deserves a shot at a ring every spring!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don’t think Trae leaving is a forgone conclusion at all.  But the FO needs to get their **** together.

Just wait..he be gone..he ain't staying here unless we get players