• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The Lakers are playing Chess... Not Checkers.... Lebron is a genius. 

So nobody else will recognize what's going on? I'm going to stop saying the Lakers and saying Lebron.  Lebron wanted DJ even last year.   He created this plan to make us be thankful that we got Reaves in Exchange for DJ.   Follow me...

1.  How did Reaves get on Team USA?

Reaves got on Team USA because Lebron wanted him there.  Was Reaves the best American Player at his position?  Hell No.   Hell, they could have called DJ if they wanted somebody better.  Or Trae could have been called in if they needed another guard.   Where was Jaylen Brown? Marcus Smart? Derrick White? Tyrese Maxey? Trey Murphy?

I can go on and on.. but Reaves is well below a lot of other guards who could have been asked.   Therefore, his being on the team was about... Giving him some name recognition and some clout. 

2.  Reaves is now untouchable?

His terrible defense is legendary.   Even in the FIBA tourney.. the thing that stands out is that he can't play defense.  So why is he untouchable in trade...  ANSWER... To make you want him more. Now you have this guy who played on Team USA who the Lakers refuse to add in on a deal... and you as a young, Dumb GM thinks... O, he must be a part of any deal we make with LAL. 

3.  Everybody can see what's coming next right?

Now that they have you wanting Reaves... IN the 12th hour, the Lakers will concede that you are a superior negotiator and will add Reaves and a 2029 1st round pick for DJ.

They win the trade. 

They walk away with the player that they wanted. 

They have rain made Landry and made him think he was getting something of value. 

Reaves is no better than Heurter.  Actually much worse.   And that 29 FRP is booty..  

Landry don't be stupid.  They are setting you up!!

Dey ain't fooling nobody with this Reeves nonsense.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Dey ain't fooling nobody with this Reeves nonsense.

Read the board.  There are people here who have taken the bait and think that Reaves has value.   Reaves Sucks.  Lebron improved Reaves Resume.. Prolly to bait us into trading Trae to the Lakers at some point.   Well, it will work just as well for DJ. 

People actually think that Reaves has value. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Read the board.  There are people here who have taken the bait and think that Reaves has value.   Reaves Sucks.  Lebron improved Reaves Resume.. Prolly to bait us into trading Trae to the Lakers at some point.   Well, it will work just as well for DJ. 

People actually think that Reaves has value. 

giphy.gif

They were calling him unplayable earlier thus year and a bust.  His could anyone be fooled by the scheme to build his profile?  Smh 

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

I don't think we should trade Dj... But... Whaddayathink?

image.png

This is how I feel on realgm when I am a Hawks fan and someone got a scrub for a good Hawk player and they want picks too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sothron said:

I'd add Bogi in the "knows how to play" but I'm fine with this. It won't happen. I realize now that people think everything I post is somehow from a source but it isn't.

My honest Hawks thoughts: I would have traded Trae after the All NBA season. I love Trae. But this team is not going to be able to put that other alpha guy next to him. I'd rather keep Murray with his size at PG on a good deal and trade Trae for a bonanza of players and picks. Build that way. 

It won't happen but that's what I would do.

Trae equals money for this franchise but with the way things are going he will leave on his own terms in two years from now.

i say trade him IF you think he’s out of here.

i don’t feel like it’s all on Trae though…this franchise failed to make smart decisions. Nothing is wrong with a win now mentality but we made some bad contract decisions and trades. The owners have to blame themselves just as much as fans want to blame Trae.

trae certainly didn’t do everything right but we are going to deal with this from most stars these days. Guys aren’t going to want to wait to win big or be relevant.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JTB said:

Trae equals money for this franchise but with the way things are going he will leave on his own terms in two years from now.

i say trade him IF you think he’s out of here.

i don’t feel like it’s all on Trae though…this franchise failed to make smart decisions. Nothing is wrong with a win now mentality but we made some bad contract decisions and trades. The owners have to blame themselves just as much as fans want to blame Trae.

trae certainly didn’t do everything right but we are going to deal with this from most stars these days. Guys aren’t going to want to wait to win big or be relevant.

I would give Trae a lot more leeway than I already do if his attitude wasn't trash.  He just hasn't matured since we drafted him, even regressed in some respects.  As a fan, its very annoying to me watching him pout to refs every time he gets a common foul instead of a shooting foul, or whining for a foul in the first place, and having a very sour attitude towards his teammates and everyone when he is not playing well.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

They won't do this but I would honestly ask the Spurs about a Trae trade instead of DJM trade. Get all our picks back plus some of the ones they own. Do a true rebuild with JJ sticking on the team. 

Again, this isn't going to happen but it is what I would do. We've had six seasons to build a team around Trae and between Ressler's interference in basketball operations and refusal to pay the luxury tax look at what we have to show for it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am still not sure why we didn't at least top 3 protect all those picks. Idiotic behavior by our ownership group who wanted another star around Trae to appease him

Desperation.  

• Like 3