• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Every year I predict 60 wins or more. Every year. I am always if everything works, this is what I expect to happen. What matters is what I say anytime other than that. Especially after the first 10 games. 

So nobody should listen to you until 10 games into the season🤔

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

summed up to perfection. You can't nickle and dime and compete in the NBA in 2023. The conference is too loaded. This very same team would be 8th seed the last couple of years, but now is not a couple of years ago. We could have used Huerter last year, we could have used Collins this year... at the very least we should have at least traded those guys for players who could contribute in big time areas of need. Backup C was a huge need, with only the undersized OO there. We either should have moved him to PF and added a legit backup big or we needed to add a PF. But having OO be our main backup C and then asking him to be our backup PF as well is dumb, as you pointed out what has ended up happening is us having to play Hunter and Bey at PF where they are completely out of position. I have zero issues with shipping Collins or Huerter but we subtracted without adding anything. This team needed defense, and with no Collins it needed another big. We acquired none of that. This team looked good early on but as soon as our paper thin roster started getting hurt it came completely undone.

That's an issue but the cost for these players aren't cheap. Even via trade assets. The issue is, when Trae got paid that money, we needed him to become a superstar, not just be a stat star. Trae stans will blame others but I always blame Trae. He's not a max cat. 

Just now, skimaskway23 said:

So nobody should listen to you until 10 games into the season🤔

It would be best if you listened to me all summer. I've been telling you what I felt would happen all season. Preseason is the one time, even I don't take myself seriously because I am a fanboy at the start so I can be motivated to watch and care. It's been like this every year. Either I am high with hope or high with tanking. Either way, I go all in for the preseason. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

@TheNorthCydeRises and Tony ruined the Hawks. We need another ball handler. Stupid decision after stupid decision

for the good of the NBA the Hawks should make this trade.   NBA deserves Trae/Wemby combo.  That would be awesome.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, shakes said:

for the good of the NBA the Hawks should make this trade.   NBA deserves Trae/Wemby combo.  That would be awesome.

Sure, they just need to give us all our picks back plus more unprotected picks + our selection of young players

So our current position is this: (1) a meddlesome owner, (2) an inexperienced FO with a side of nepotism, (3) no draft capital, and (4) a talent deficiency. 

Where do we go from here? Can we build a contender around Trae while paying him ~$45M/year? Personally I don’t think so. And I don’t think trading DJM, Capela, Hunter, or Bogi will move the needle much in terms of draft capital and talent. If SA offers all of our picks/swaps plus some combination of young talent and draft picks for Trae… I’d pull the trigger. 

Side note, why on earth did Quin want to come here?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Windy doesn't usually miss. Nets aren't a bad option for us if we could trade DJM + Cap and get Claxton and picks back.

I think the Nets and Pels are the best trade partners.

I'm on board with getting Claxton and 2 FRP picks.. if we have to take on Ben's contract to do it so be it.

image.thumb.png.9498914971dd986cc8565be11dc8feb7.png

image.thumb.png.667d641c769d73baa73099d73c85bc10.png

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Windy doesn't usually miss. Nets aren't a bad option for us if we could trade DJM + Cap and get Claxton and picks back.

what picks? they have some convoluted pick situations that I'm too lazy to decipher to deal with until 2029.

2024 - To HOU

2025 - Own or HOU (via HOU swap for BRK) if HOU 1-10 or if HOU 11-30 less favorable than LAC; or least favorable of BRK, HOU 11-30 and OKC; and more favorable of (i) BRK and (ii) less favorable of HOU 11-30 and OKC to HOU if HOU 11-30 more favorable than LAC (via OKC swap for HOU 11-30 or LAC; via HOU swap of HOU or OKC for BRK); PHX

2026 - To HOU

2027 - Own or HOU (via HOU swap for BRK); PHL 9-30 if PHL conveys 1st round pick to OKC in 2025; PHX

2028 - Two most / more favorable of BRK, PHL 9-30 if PHL does not convey 1st round pick to BRK in 2027 and if PHL has conveyed 1st round pick to OKC by 2026, and PHX; more favorable of (i) WAS and (ii) least / less favorable of BRK, PHL 9-30 if conveyed to BRK, and PHX to WAS then other to PHX (via BRK swap of BRK or PHL for PHX; via WAS swap for PHX, BRK or PHL)(via BRK swap of BRK or PHL for PHX; via WAS swap for PHX, BRK or PHL)

2029 - Own; DAL; PHX

2030 - Own

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

what picks? they have some convoluted pick situations that I'm too lazy to decipher to deal with until 2029.

2024 - To HOU

2025 - Own or HOU (via HOU swap for BRK) if HOU 1-10 or if HOU 11-30 less favorable than LAC; or least favorable of BRK, HOU 11-30 and OKC; and more favorable of (i) BRK and (ii) less favorable of HOU 11-30 and OKC to HOU if HOU 11-30 more favorable than LAC (via OKC swap for HOU 11-30 or LAC; via HOU swap of HOU or OKC for BRK); PHX

2026 - To HOU

2027 - Own or HOU (via HOU swap for BRK); PHL 9-30 if PHL conveys 1st round pick to OKC in 2025; PHX

2028 - Two most / more favorable of BRK, PHL 9-30 if PHL does not convey 1st round pick to BRK in 2027 and if PHL has conveyed 1st round pick to OKC by 2026, and PHX; more favorable of (i) WAS and (ii) least / less favorable of BRK, PHL 9-30 if conveyed to BRK, and PHX to WAS then other to PHX (via BRK swap of BRK or PHL for PHX; via WAS swap for PHX, BRK or PHL)(via BRK swap of BRK or PHL for PHX; via WAS swap for PHX, BRK or PHL)

2029 - Own; DAL; PHX

2030 - Own

Those PHX picks could be gold mines.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Every year I predict 60 wins or more. Every year. I am always if everything works, this is what I expect to happen. What matters is what I say anytime other than that. Especially after the first 10 games. 

Wait ... so, based on your analysis, we'd win 60 if everything goes right?

If "everything went right" with every team, they'd win 60.   What are we doing, supes?  You're killing your trade value, brah. 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Those PHX picks could be gold mines.

I don't think that chart was clear.  These are the picks the Nets Owe to other teams:

1. Brooklyn Nets:

• 2024: To Houston Rockets.
    • 2025: Own pick or Houston Rockets’ pick (via swap if certain conditions are met).
    • 2026: To Houston Rockets.
    • 2027: Own pick or Houston Rockets’ pick (via swap).
    • 2028: Two most favorable picks from Brooklyn, Philadelphia 76ers (if certain conditions are met), and Phoenix Suns.
    • 2029 and beyond: Own picks1.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

All of this makes the original Murray trade look even worse.

I was worried about the risk of sending out unprotected picks when the trade was happening.  Hate to see my concerns reaching this level of heightened concern in actuality especially after:  (a) DM improved his scoring efficiency significantly since he started playing with Trae , (b) DM has mostly maintained his level of play from his last year with the Spurs (better as a scorer, worse as a defender/rebounder/playmaker but overall not that far apart) and (b) DM signed a team friendly deal.  These removed major risks that could have gone bad on their own, and we are still here worried about having given away the farm at a time when we could be struggling to win games the next few seasons.  

On 6/29/2022 at 7:50 AM, AHF said:

This mentality is how you become the Knicks, taking big swings that are weight risked heavily towards the risk side over the reward side. You do have to take risks sometimes but they need to be smart risks not obvious overpays in the hopes that the player will become an MVP candidate and not leave you as an UFA in two years.

On 6/29/2022 at 8:11 AM, AHF said:

No team has ever paid this much for so unproven a player.  Offensively he is a nice playmaker but inefficient volume scorer (think Russell Westbrook type efficiency numbers except Westbrook has been better than Murray).  On defense he is very solid.  

Risks:

1 - He has been in the league 6 years and has one season at a high level.  Risk of regression / outlier performance.

2 - He has never scored efficiently.  Risk this never improves.  His career .509% ts% (or whatever it is, I didn’t bother to look it up again) is repulsive Cam Reddish with the Hawks level stuff.

3 - He can walk away in two years leaving you with nothing so there is very limited team control.

4 - If Trae goes down for a season, you have given away your draft pick without protection ala the Spurs acquiring Tim Duncan.  We could have easily ended up in the lottery this year even with Trae being healthy and the Spurs were a lottery team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1