• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Nothin id want.

there's a rookie I like on that team but would they include him? Butler has taken him under his wing to literally replace him on that team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

there's a rookie I like on that team but would they include him? Butler has taken him under his wing to literally replace him on that team.

Jacquez, Jovic and 2 firsts for Murray. 

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Then can we get Butler? 🧐 😆 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Jacquez, Jovic and 2 firsts for Murray. 

Then can we get Butler? 🧐 😆 

I'd do the first one for Murray. 

I hate Butler like how you hate the Dubs. He f***ed my Twolves so badly I will never, ever forgive him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

No way they include Jaquez he’s a stud, his shooting and impact metrics are better than DJ already, the hell the heat look like adding a first?!  Hawks had the chance to draft him but the Hawks gonna Hawk.

And who is Dior Washburn?  I don’t see any credible content on the net from him/ her, Twitter doesn’t count with me at all.  I don’t believe for a second the heat are serious about Murray just as the Lilliard talk was always a joke.  True Kyle is on his last leg but Murray isn’t a heat type player let alone a distribution first guard and if you’ve seen Herro lately DJ is arguably a downgrade at the 2.

I’ll gladly eat crow if a deal gets done but it’s highly unlikely.  The talent is tantalizing but Spo will have a lot of work to do to get him to cut and pressure the ball like everyone has to on that team.  No one in their right mind would take Jimmy off the ball for Murray just based off FT attempts alone let alone playmaking ability.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Frankly I don't know if our FO is pushing other teams hard enough.  You want to buy? Fine. It is literally a one team seller's market with at least 6-10 teams seriously trying to get various players off our roster. I would make them pay through the nose. If not, someone else will. It is the one lesson teams forget year in and year out: someone always, always makes that last jump for a player. 

This is good advice but very basic.  Not even specific to the NBA just about deal making.  The fact that you are concerned our front office might not push teams is crazy in this environment.  We should be desperately pushing teams, we should be leveraging teams against each other, etc,  We have no picks of our own for 3 years.  Out biggest assets for that time are whatever we get from this sell/off.  This is your day FO.  Make the absolute most of it because once you’ve sold DM and others everything you do depends on what you got in return.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

No way they include Jaquez he’s a stud, his shooting and impact metrics are better than DJ already, the hell the heat look like adding a first?!  Hawks had the chance to draft him but the Hawks gonna Hawk.

And who is Dior Washburn?  I don’t see any credible content on the net from him/ her, Twitter doesn’t count with me at all.  I don’t believe for a second the heat are serious about Murray just as the Lilliard talk was always a joke.  True Kyle is on his last leg but Murray isn’t a heat type player let alone a distribution first guard and if you’ve seen Herro lately DJ is arguably a downgrade at the 2.

I’ll gladly eat crow if a deal gets done but it’s highly unlikely.  The talent is tantalizing but Spo will have a lot of work to do to get him to cut and pressure the ball like everyone has to on that team.  No one in their right mind would take Jimmy off the ball for Murray just based off FT attempts alone let alone playmaking ability.

Hillbilly, if we can get their JJ to pair with our JJ, would that woo you back into the Hawks fan fold?  I've been saving you a chair at the cul de sac bbq.  Folks keep tryna sit next to me tho so  It's getting (h)awkward.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Hillbilly, if we can get their JJ to pair with our JJ, would that woo you back into the Hawks fan fold?  I've been saving you a chair at the cul de sac bbq.  Folks keep tryna sit next to me tho so  It's getting (h)awkward.

Well he’s not coming with that avatar(attitude)! He just wants sac funk. He ain’t gettin it in your sac! Not as long as I have anything to say about it!!!

OOOOOOOUUUUUUUTTTTTSIIIIDDDEEERRRRRSSS (ROLL UP)

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Well he’s not coming with that avatar(attitude)! He just wants sac funk. He ain’t gettin it in your sac! Not as long as I have anything to say about it!!!

OOOOOOOUUUUUUUTTTTTSIIIIDDDEEERRRRRSSS (ROLL UP)

Hey, me and the world-class hillbilly have been working through an uneasy peace this year.  A JJ/JJ conglomerate would seal the deal. 

• Haha 1

Samanic is just sitting on Utah’s bench and they have a ton of picks.  I wonder if Ainge would be interested in DJM?

Could take Olynyk off his hands now.  Make him feel like he got a good return. See if he’d throw in Samanic and 2 FRP’s.  

If Olynyk ends up signing with another team after the season, so be it.  Everybody’s still content.  Ainge gets his PG.  Hawks get a young, tall, athletic, “unproven” player that fits the mold of what Quinn is looking for along with a few picks.

33 minutes ago, AHF said:

It does hurt just a little to see how successful JJ has been in contrast to our first round pick.  Maybe he doesn't develop like he does without Butler's instruction but we sure could have used a talented small forward in our rotation instead of some of the guys who have been taking those minutes in Hunter's absence.

For that matter AJ played well last year at times and he's been off the reservation.  Kobe Bufkin has barely been available.  We'll say if he eventually gets minutes.

57 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Drudging up an oldie but a goodie.

image.png.0c225f4e13799d5f9e4ee3f354f0bea0.png

🤔 thought bubble ...

(Wonder which circle I fit into?  Musta left out the 'dudes I pattern my life after' circle.  Yeah, thats where he'd have me.)

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

That’s exactly what we need. Really any team should want that.

Whats the catch then? Why is NY looking to trade him? Seems like that should be a good fit in between Brunson and OG.

I thought I saw something about them wanting a second facilitator next to Brunson. I laughed because of the de ja vu I got.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1