• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

24 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Finally the Siakam saga is done.. good riddance 

Basically that is more expensive than the Murray trade so I don’t wanna see sh** from some posters here about overspending to the spurs

How can you say that if you don't know the protections on the picks? If those picks are lottery protected, than that is a world of difference then ours, which have no protections. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

How can you say that if you don't know the protections on the picks? If those picks are lottery protected, than that is a world of difference then ours, which have no protections. 

They have no protections… smh

They are the Pacers own 2024 and 2026 unprotected come on man

1 minute ago, Chrimturn said:

Nets?

Finney-Smith?  Claxton?

Claxton is the best target for DJM

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's hard to get mad at the Hawks especially if these players don't want to be in Atlanta 

Well would you wanna play her from a basketball standpoint.  

Just now, warcore said:

Feel bad for Pacers fans... they're gonna feel like all of us in about a year. 

No they won't. They got a young core that fits. We didn't even then. We took a major risk. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, warcore said:

Feel bad for Pacers fans... they're gonna feel like all of us in about a year. 

I'm not certain about that.  Siakam could resign and could fit better there than DM did in a mini backcourt here.  They haven't been contenders in years so taking a shot at it isn't the end of the world.  If Siakam walks, then it will be ugly but I have to think his agent signaled something positive for Indiana to give up this much value.  If we were the #4 seed, we would feel a lot better about our DM trade than we do today.  It is very possible that Indiana will be in that kind of position in about a year.

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The team that @Mikey is referring to has increased the value of one of the players coming back if we make that trade. So yes I would say the Siakam deal is rewarding the very few sellers. 

so the team is the Jazz as you've pointed out Fontecchio has increased his value?

I haven't heard of one good Murray deal yet. Even their asking price isn't that high and still no good deals. 

Teams feel the Hawks are desperate and no one is gonna offer anything good to a desperate team. 

Hawks don't have to trade anyone outside of Capela. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-17-2024_2-08-27PM.png

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

Fully agree.  I will say that this is great news for the Hawks regardless of the protections.   And if the picks aren't immediate I expect there will be protections.  (If the picks are this season like the Pacer's 2024 pick there is not nearly the same need to protect them as there would be in future years.  They aren't going to miss the playoffs unless an absolute disaster happens.)

You have a player who is unlikely to be an All-Star this season and is an UFA in a few months despite his team sitting at 15-25.  He is still putting up solid numbers but they are his worst numbers in several years.  If you are able to resign him, he will cost you double what DM costs and he will be 30 when that contract starts.

We are offering Dejounte who has fairly similar numbers to Siakam who is under a team friendly contract for years and is several years younger. 

image.png

He isn't as good as Siakam but is probably the closest thing the market has to offer.  

The more the Pacers pay for Siakam, the stronger the signal that we should be in line for a nice return when we trade DM.

Oh my, prepare for crushing disappointment on that last part.