• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Just now, benhillboy said:

I’m no expert on pick value and I have no idea if Siakam will sign long term but for the remainder of the season the Pacers should be quite interesting,

He’ll do a lot better in Indy playing with Miles Turner at the 5 than he ever could playing with either of our centers here. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I’m no expert on pick value and I have no idea if Siakam will sign long term but for the remainder of the season the Pacers should be quite interesting,

My guess is that it takes a while for them to figure it out. 

Siakam is high usage.  And Old.   The Pacers have a run and gun free flowing style.   They will have to slow it down to play Siakam's game. 

HOld on to DJ.  In the Summer... OO is going to get us KAT.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

He’ll do a lot better in Indy playing with Miles Turner at the 5 than he ever could playing with either of our centers here. 

Siakam would ball no matter who he was playing with.  You can even play him as a small ball 5 to really put a lethal lineup on the floor.

Hawks didn't have 3 firsts to trade, so I can't trip.  Should've got the guy in the summer, when we possibly could've sold AJ and Bufkin to them, along with 12 or Bogi.

• Like 1

Siakim isn't old and he will be able to run with Indiana. I really wasn't in favor of the trade. Ultimately we may have to trade DJ to get the draft picks and pieces  we want but I like the Hawks backcourt. I think Trae is learning how to play Quins style and starting to get off the ball more. If we can develop AJ and Bufkin we are set in the back court.  Our  biggest problem is in the front court.  If we can straighten that out we can compete. Can we upgrade the center and small forward positions as well as the backups. It won't be easy and we still will have warts but we can compete.

Fix the front court and it's game on. The Pacers are doing it. Is there personnel really that much better than the Hawks? 

2 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Siakim isn't old and he will be able to run with Indiana. I really wasn't in favor of the trade. Ultimately we may have to trade DJ to get the draft picks and pieces  we want but I like the Hawks backcourt. I think Trae is learning how to play Quins style and starting to get off the ball more. If we can develop AJ and Bufkin we are set in the back court.  Our  biggest problem is in the front court.  If we can straighten that out we can compete. Can we upgrade the center and small forward positions as well as the backups. It won't be easy and we still will have warts but we can compete.

Fix the front court and it's game on. The Pacers are doing it. Is there personnel really that much better than the Hawks? 

Clutch ballplayers like Trae and Murray don't grow on trees. They don't run from the big moment  they run to it. There aren't many of those in the league . So if you got one you better  build around them  because it may be a long time before you get another one. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We have a huge front court issue. We have only Jalen that can kinda get his shots. Hunter is the definition of passive. Capela and OO are just lob threats. We have no one in the front court (unless Jalen develops) that can just take the ball and create their own shot. 

Our failures as a team are two fold. The lack of defense and the lack of front court offense. 

If we could somehow beef up the front court while keeping Trae and Murray backcourt combo it may be worth our time in the short run.

i know for sure if we had a more aggressive, lengthy front court things would be a different story this season.

Trae and Murray aren’t a perfect offensive fit but it works well enough for a smaller backcourt. Defensively we are hurting at the 2 but I just believe a better overall front court would have us looking different.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

We have a huge front court issue. We have only Jalen that can kinda get his shots. Hunter is the definition of passive. Capela and OO are just lob threats. We have no one in the front court (unless Jalen develops) that can just take the ball and create their own shot. 

Our failures as a team are two fold. The lack of defense and the lack of front court offense. 

Our lack of ability to score an easy basket is literally the difference between us being an elite offense and us being a paper offense where the stats look good but when we need it, it's inconsistent or we go through lulls.

I still think we need Hunter and will always think that until you can find a replacement for Hunter. Maybe you can find one in the draft if we pick high enough. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Somebody finally gets it

so…. Why are we talking about trading our strong attributes again?

We only need to trade strategically to fix our front court and defense issues.

i digest.. we need a Caruso and Herb Jones and a Wendell Carter

Edited by theheroatl

3 hours ago, JTB said:

We need some aggression in the front court…..

go get this guy. He’s rotting away in Portland.

Im here for a Trae, Murray, Jalen, Grant lineup. 

If we could snag him, I’d do that trade instantly.. we should be harassing Portland for him and also some defensive wing players to go along

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Spacejam said:

Here’s why AJ doesn’t play

Wouldn’t shock me.  But he has to obviously know that Trae and DJ are the 1 + 2.  And both Mat(t)’s and Forest are getting time on the floor.  His # isn’t even getting called.  Someone mentioned in the Trade thread that it was something personal between him and Q.  Not sure if that conversation started out like the one in this Clip or not though.

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Our lack of ability to score an easy basket is literally the difference between us being an elite offense and us being a paper offense where the stats look good but when we need it, it's inconsistent or we go through lulls.

I still think we need Hunter and will always think that until you can find a replacement for Hunter. Maybe you can find one in the draft if we pick high enough. 

Some mocks looking like Clingan might still be in the ballpark around our first pick.  You think they take him if he’s there?

5 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

Some mocks looking like Clingan might still be in the ballpark around our first pick.  You think they take him if he’s there?

He's not close to that level. The level of offense we need isn't even in this draft from a big man. Alex Sarr isn't close to consistent enough. Filipowski is interesting and he's someone I think we should have our eyes on. 👀 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I think our problems are just exaggerated because Hunter has been out for a long time and before him Jalen was out. 

This is not the time to go with the knee Jerk reaction of basically dismantling the team.   We could use better help in the front court... Possibly at the 4/5  depending on what you call Jalen. 

But don't use a good piece to go after another piece. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JTB said:

We need some aggression in the front court…..

go get this guy. He’s rotting away in Portland.

Im here for a Trae, Murray, Jalen, Grant lineup. 

I’d be open to getting Grant. At this point, I say keep Murray until the off-season when we have more trade options. Get Grant and another defender (flip AJ or Capela). Let’s see what we can do with that squad - maybe we do something in the play-in or maybe we don’t. But hopefully guys can get their value up so we can get a star big next to Trae next off season. 

this recouping draft picks ain’t it if we’re trying to keep Trae happy. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Bonzaii58 said:

this recouping draft picks ain’t it if we’re trying to keep Trae happy. 

This recouping draft picks is a LOSERS mentality. 

We were talking to the Lakers and they offered us BS BS BS and the 2029 pick.   Greedy fans get happy seeing the 2029 FRP.   Where exactly will Trae be in 2029?  Not with us if we trade DJ for BS.  You're talking 5 years from now.   That's the plan of a loser. 

You get the pick.  Your pray for a good pick... you hope the player develops... and by that time.. regardless of what year FRP you have.. Trae is gone.   So you're really deciding to dismantle the team because you want a fresh new start of trying to find a needle in the Haystack.

It is that because the Hawks have NEVER drafted a superstar. 

Loser's Mentality.