• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd love for Cooper Flagg to be a Hawk but that requires us winning the lottery. 

Trading Trae for a bunch of picks and no real talent coming back would be the final straw for a number of Hawks fans.

Hawks fans can leave. Cooper/Ace will bring new ones. Tony likely won’t be on board until trade forces his hand but I know Quin Korver and Landry know this is the best path 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd love for Cooper Flagg to be a Hawk but that requires us winning the lottery. 

Trading Trae for a bunch of picks and no real talent coming back would be the final straw for a number of Hawks fans.

I would love to see Dalton Knecht from TN in the draft.  

• Like 1

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Talking like we're going to land a top pick is just as, if not more, delusional than people wanting firsts for some of our players lol

Definitely wishful thinking but aye teams that have been trading their stars away have been rewarded with it lately. Basketball gods (or Adam silver) could bless us sometime lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Building a playoff team easy imo. Hawks core of Bufkin Jalen and whoever they add this draft and say in 2025 could do that with vets around. Those teams just don’t realize how to build and continue to bad swings at bat. Building a contender is the hard part. I want us to do the latter 

What you mean? We’d have lottery picks back from the Trae trade 

I asked whether we were talking about a hypothetical world where we traded Trae for our picks.  Because in the absence of that, we would have no chance at getting back into the lottery.

But if we are dumping Trae as you suggest, basically at that point we are just tanking it up with other losers and hoping we get lucky.  A 2 year timeframe for that is exceptionally short but sure why not live it up and imagine that ownership is willing to dump Trae right now and the fan base will be cool with that.  If we are imagining that then why not imagine that not only do we win the lottery for the first time in franchise history but we draft a franchise changing player and he gets us back into the playoffs faster than Michael Jordan did with the Bulls.

Oh, and if we are working off of a "core" of Bufin and Jalen and whoever we add in this year's draft that is going to be hard as **** to get back in the playoffs next year.  And if we do somehow get back in the playoffs then there is no lottery pick anyway.  It is hard for me to express how little confidence I have in Bufkin and Jalen and whatever vets we add through these trades and FA having us anywhere near the playoffs next year.  I would bet anything that it doesn't happen.  If we strip the team down to those two and Grimes, etc. then I will make an avatar bet with you where you pick my avatar for the next 3 years and I get to pick your avatar for a single week.  Bet is on whether we make the 2025 playoffs (but it comes with the condition that I can be ruthless with your avatar for that one week).

The Murray trade rumors do not have any chance of landing a lottery pick in the next two years unless they significantly differ from what has been reported on this thread.  That was really the point of my post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

image.png

This was in a down season for Clint. 

I look at the FGA and %. That to me is the quantifiable "Trae effect". Clint is not getting 8 shots a game on any other team and Robinson would be getting more than 4 shots a game playing with Trae. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Chris Haynes had a quote circling on twitter about Trae wanting to play for a contender and he hopes this trade can help them do that. 

the internal pressure has reached the media. Imagine a trade request will come soon maybe as early as the summer. He’s gonna find a way to get to San Antonio and hawks will finally rebuild like they should 

The Hawks lose 40% of this fan base if they lose Trae and DJ.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Question: How much better of a return should you expect for OG vs DJ.  Because I'm not getting why these DJ offers are such crap.   

Bob Myers explains why here…..

Elite 2way wings are hard to get!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Bob Myers explains why here…..

Elite 2way wings are hard to get!

Truth.

But hey, while you got Bob on the line, somebody ax him why he was gifted the greatest core/dynasty in the last 20+ years but he couldn't even draft moderately well enough to extend their window?  I'll hang up and listen.

😉

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Talking like we're going to land a top pick is just as, if not more, delusional than people wanting firsts for some of our players lol

Agreed! That’s the issue with a lot of the fixes people on this board give. Specifically Supes and Mickey…

like yeah it’s good IF all the stars align in order but the reality is that we likely will not pick number 1 in any lottery. It’s just the bullshit that continues to happen to this franchise.

I’ll always be a fan but I’m checking out and not following this team closely IF Trae is traded.

too many wishful years of wanting a star then getting one and the FO and owner f*cks it all up.