• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

49 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Ressler is a snake oil salesman. Most people like him are. 

I like the posters here more than I like this franchise at this point. With each failed run, a piece of my Fandom for this franchise dies.

I'm approaching my mid 40's. I'm too old to give emotional investment to this franchise if they head in that direction. Indifference is setting in at this point.

As long time board member…you’ve been known to be a negative poster lol but I have to agree 100% with you on this one.

anyone that’s been following this franchise closely like their apart of the team for over 20 seasons is going to be fed up! I’m apart of this crew also and it’s not healthy to be a hardcore fan for a team who can’t get their stuff together.

i will always be a fan of this franchise but I will check completely out if we trade Trae and love them from a far distance.

It just is what it is. I can’t go through yet another rebuild just from a mental health standpoint.

What’s really interesting is how Trae is so impactful in Atlanta that fans still show up despite this horrible record. Love Trae but really shows how desperate our fan base is to get a legitimate superstar.

normally I can withstand bad years from the hawks as long as the falcons are doing well but Atlanta sports outside of the braves is just in shambles right now. We suck all over in basketball and football. I hope one of these franchises win a championship that I can see before my times up.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

For as much as it is said that Ressler is all about making money with Trae, I'm not sure I see him going down the road of rebuilding knowing that Trae would ultimately force his way out. Surely he doesn't think or expect Trae would be ok waiting through another multi year rebuild?

That doesn't make any sense. If they rebuild, Trae will demand a trade. If Trae demands a trade, they lose a huge chunk of fans. If they lose a ton of fans, Tony loses a ton of money. And there's still no guarantee they build a winner. 

True…but ressler doesn’t seem very smart . It’s just like Jerry jones…yeah he’s mega rich but he’s not business savvy when it comes to sports seem like.

• Premium Member

Like I have said before..  Atlanta doesn't know what to do with a superstar... and our love of draft picks is the reason why we're in continuous rebuild. I dont' have it in me to go through another rebuild.  Not from here.   All of our moves are stupid. 

Maybe like Stockholm syndrome, I should go and follow the Spurs.    To me, it seems plausible that they will figure it out long before we do.. Hell, they may even get Trae. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

What Trae has done and continues to do is REALLY taken for granted and some won't realize it until he's gone.  If the Hawks decide to let go of the rope for the rest of the season and end up with a lottery pick...I can totally see Trae saying "trade that for a veteran who can help me now or trade me".  And, I wouldn't blame him one bit.  That said, I'd totally watch for where the Spurs pick ends up.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Man . . . you'd need Jesus himself to lay hands on 12's body, to keep him from being injured.

LOL @ this. 

He'll either go to a contender or a large market.  And we know what large market team will chase after him . . especially seeing that they'll still have a big man that is 30 yrs old, an All-NBA player still in his prime, and would feast even more alongside a PG like Trae.

If he became available, watch how many bordreline contenders and big market teams try to come up with a deal to acquire him.  Even the big market team on the East Coast that hates his guts, will trip and fall all over themselves to acquire him.

I didn't say that there won't be any interest in him lol. I said that wherever he goes he won't be without a leash as he's here in Atlanta. And he won't be a corner stone in a big market franchise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nash said:

I didn't say that there won't be any interest in him lol. I said that wherever he goes he won't be without a leash as he's here in Atlanta. And he won't be a corner stone in a big market franchise.

It'll be AD and Trae in Los Angeles.

It might be that in 2026 anyway, once Trae exercises his Early Termination Option that summer.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Nash said:

All true and all reasons I believe Trae will likely push as hard as he can to get us another star and to win now, but ultimately won't win that game of chicken.  He has it amazing in ATL and this ownership and front office have given him the keys in a way no other franchise will do (as you said).

• Premium Member

Ressler has said to the front office he is not paying the LT is this team don't have a chance to win big.  Problem is like Arthur Blank has done to the Falcons, he has caused this problem himself. 

I won't be around for another rebuild.  I'm 64 in February and been a fan for over 40 years.   

I'm gonna start paying some attention to a winning franchise.   

Just now, JeffS17 said:

All true and all reasons I believe Trae will likely push as hard as he can to get us another star and to win now, but ultimately won't win that game of chicken.  He has it amazing in ATL and this ownership and front office have given him the keys in a way no other franchise will do (as you said).

Hell be gone when his contract is up.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Man . . . you'd need Jesus himself to lay hands on 12's body, to keep him from being injured.

LOL @ this. 

He'll either go to a contender or a large market.  And we know what large market team will chase after him . . especially seeing that they'll still have a big man that is 30 yrs old, an All-NBA player still in his prime, and would feast even more alongside a PG like Trae.

If he became available, watch how many bordreline contenders and big market teams try to come up with a deal to acquire him.  Even the big market team on the East Coast that hates his guts, will trip and fall all over themselves to acquire him.

And as for Jesus and #12, just look no further than at MPJ from Nuggets

• Like 2

I don’t feel any of these post are negative…it all just clear writing on the wall.

the chances of Trae asking out are too high because we have an incapable owner who won’t just let the front office do they’re job.

on top of that it’s hard to know how smart this front office is since there’s literally no evidence of what they can do if they could make all the final decisions.

really dumb ass way to allow so many to have a voice.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It might be that in 2026 anyway, once Trae exercises his Early Termination Option that summer.

Yuck.  Literally the only reason why I would be cool with DJ winding up with the Lakers would be so they could leave Trae alone.  We all know Klutch wears the purple and gold and wouldn't mind getting Trae there.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You see, that may be true but that's something that FO may know. And if there is any possibility for that to happen I would trade him right now to Wizards or Pistons so can go from there. FO won't let him walk out for free

Edited by Nash

4 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Ressler has said to the front office he is not paying the LT is this team don't have a chance to win big.  Problem is like Arthur Blank has done to the Falcons, he has caused this problem himself. 

I won't be around for another rebuild.  I'm 64 in February and been a fan for over 40 years.   

I'm gonna start paying some attention to a winning franchise.   

Blank is going to kill the falcons fan base solely by hiring Belicheck!

I hope he doesn’t do it but hiring belicheck is like hiring Saban in Auburn….something that should not and would not ever happen.

How embarrassing Atlanta Falcons and Hawks are so bad! Can’t catch a damn break. 

not to get on a falcons topic but I will say this last piece and not post anything else about the falcons….it really pissed me off the last press conference where blank and McKay was talking about some statistic shows falcons have top 5 attendance!…seriously! I go to those games I don’t believe the fans show up at all. The rumor is fans are walking around the stadium and not in their seats like the Georgia dome but I call bs on it. Falcons been trash since 28-3…we been  cursed and doomed ever since.

meanwhile the guy who really took us to the SB and lost it for us is back in nfc championship again with the 49ers. Blank & McKay was too stupid to realize who was the true brains behind that great run.

😡

I love how Quin has come in and said we need to change this roster to put size, length and shooting around Trae.

21-22 season - We trade Cam for Knox and a pick. Cam is 6-8, with a 7 foot wingspan, defense and shooting, and some ball handling.

22 offseason - We trade Kev for J holiday and a pick, Kev is a 6-7 floor spacing SG. 6-7 is taller than our entire PF rotation this year not named JJ.

23 offseason - we trade JC for a TPE, which we wont use. JC is 6-9+ PF, solid role player. We have no PF on the roster when JJ went down.

Cam asked for a trade, so I'm not mad a the decision, but the return was awful. The return on each of those trades was below the value that we had for those players.

And here we sit thinking that we are going to win ANY trades with the roster we have left. Needless to say, all of this to find player that can fit next to Trae when WE ALREADY HAD THOSE PLAYERS IN OUR POSSESSION AND GAVE THEM AWAY FOR SALARY CAP RELIEF.

We have no path forward as we are stuck with players and contracts nobody wants, and the one player of value can only net us more picks and cap relief. 

What the hell is this franchise. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, phoostal said:

Well after this news this team won't be relevant for 5 to 7 years.  Maybe longer. 

We arent relevant now..... Just sayin