Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, terrell said:

I like the Morris hire..

Sick of all of the flashy  "young hot coordinators"...

Dude has HC experience and hes coached on both sides of the ball.. Won a SB as DC.. 

I think he deserves another chance..

He Got a bad wrap in Tampa after they started tearing down the team imo..

PLus they announced He and the GM reports directly to Blank...

McKay no longer in football operations...

He can stick to scheduling concerts and shit.. I d

Be looking again in 2 years.  He's a coordinator too. Should have hired a Head Coach.  

Same ignorance as the Hawks.  

Only the Braves have their act together.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

good offer

So... another 2nd round pick from Utah, rite?... we all good, then?

32 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's not like we have to trade him.

Define "have to"... it might be a different definition for a fan versus for a person whose boss is APR.... rite?

I'm only half joking. There's every reason to believe that the owner has it in his mind at this point to trade a contract he doesn't want to pay earlier instead of later.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

I like the Morris hire..

Wrong forum, I know, but I'm sure the mods will move it in time...

Not a Falcons fan. I think I do, too, though.

I mean, it's always a crap shoot to some degree, and there's just so much that has to go right that a head coach doesn't even control.

But Morris fits the profile of someone who, seems to me, is poised to be the man, not unlike I thought Dan Campbell was that when he took the DET job... I got that one right, at least.

Now go get an ace OC and trade for Dak... I kid, of course, but that QB situation obviously is glaring... and you've got yourself some really good reasons for confidence in success.

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Wrong forum, I know, but I'm sure the mods will move it in time...

Not a Falcons fan. I think I do, too, though.

I mean, it's always a crap shoot to some degree, and there's just so much that has to go right that a head coach doesn't even control.

But Morris fits the profile of someone who, seems to me, is poised to be the man, not unlike I thought Dan Campbell was that when he took the DET job... I got that one right, at least.

Now go get an ace OC and trade for Dak... I kid, of course, but that QB situation obviously is glaring... and you've got yourself some really good reasons for confidence in success.

The Oc is supposedly going to be Zac Robinson the pass game coordinator from the Rams of the last 5 years.  Super highly touted guy to be the next big Oc and future HC.   Rams fans caught wind of it tonight and they are really depressed about losing him if it's true. 

7 hours ago, Jody23 said:

We're supposed to believe that DFS and Caruso have the same or more value than Dejounte?  Again, something ain't quite right.

wtf so DFS fetches 2 firsts and so does DJ?

How? wtf bizarro 🌎 is this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Jalen Johnson is with Klutch right? What if Klutch is saying they wont let Jalen stay with the team unless they trade Murray to the Hawks? Some kind of blackmail has to be happening here, right?

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I’m not sure why Drussell has such little value the way he’s been scoring.    But if all we get for Murray is a pick and Dinwiddie- then we have the dumbest front office of all time.   

While at it, whatever they can get for Hunter I’d do- even if it was for some basketballs to give to a youth league.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of the smoke is coming from one side and no smoke is coming from the other. 

we saw this with Siakam… means deals are way different than the smoke

Also usually the team with all the smoke doesn’t get the trade

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, AHF said:

There is no need to accept a submarket offer

That's assuming, of course, conventional wisdom that the tax threshold is the threshold of interest.

How's that revenue side of the sheet this year, Tony? You satisfied that current revenue justifies projected expenses?

I know that sounds gross. But, well, you know.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AHF said:

You agree Dinwiddie has zero value - just expiring filler right?  Just trying to see if we are on the same page here.

(As an aside, we are $10M under the tax line and Dejounte is on a great value contract so we definitely don't "need" to get out from under his deal like we did with JC or Huerter.)

Oh 100% he has no value. If they are lucky they could potentially flip him for fournier and grimes but that is a big IF. Its a pure shed salary move and hope they can use that space for someone in summer 

• Thanks 1