• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Jazz are one of the quiet teams trying to get Murray. They can outbid anyone for him IMO. 

Any chance at Walker Kessler?  Would be a defensive improvement in the front court that we've needed.  

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

To back up with @thecampster and @NBASupes has said: these leaks about DJM to the Lakers are coming from Klutch and the Lakers. In reality there are several teams talking to the Hawks about DJM. It is not a foregone conclusion he is moved to the Lakers. 

Plenty of teams can outbid the lakers offer. The question is will anybody do so... to this point nobody has really and thats why they waiting. As of now I'd be surprised if someone does but still plenty of time left before the deadline

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, neither Samanic nor Olynk move any needles since we're not tanking.  The Simone guy can help us today and future.  Jmho but .... I'm supposed to be sleepin' so don't mind me. 🛌

Just to get the picks, plan on Olynyk walking.  Can use the picks to bring in somebody else later.

2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

What?   DM is 21/5/5 this year playing beside a scoring machine.   

He is legit.  You will see when he's gone.  

We are 18-26 as of right now and never been this bad in the Trae young since 2020. We had a better record without Dejounte before he came here, we had top 5 offenses without Dejounte, we had better defenses without Dejounte. We will be fine. Trade Dejounte, get picks and a player back, make Jalen the true second option, and move on. At least hawks will finally actually choose a direction for once with this trade. 

Kelly Olynk please and thank you Landry.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, txsting said:

Just dang.  We could have drafted Tari Eason or Kessler and we're stuck with this spaced-out bum Griffin.

i campaigned for Tari Eason.    Front office didn't listen to me.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Chrimturn said:

Say they won’t come off Lauri or Fontecchio.  Would you take Samanic + Jazz 2025 Round 1, Jazz 2027 Round 1. Take Olynyk expiring UFA just to make it work?

Jazz are far enough under to take back Murray without sending out matching salary. I'd prefer a contributing player for the rest of this season and beyond.

8 minutes ago, shakes said:

i campaigned for Tari Eason.    Front office didn't listen to me.

he was also the one I wanted.

That being said, I didn't think AJ would be available at our pick. 

That being said, I didn't know AJ was possibly looney 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

-

The Lakers have already tried to trade Russell for Murray. The two sides were close on a potential deal about two weeks ago, as I reported last week. Talks stalled, but are expected to resume ahead of the deadline. Murray remains the Lakers’ top priority on the trade market, according to multiple team and league sources not authorized to speak publicly. The Lakers believe Murray would provide similar offensive production to Russell, with obvious downgrades in 3-point shooting volume and playmaking. But Murray is the superior defender, athlete and penetrator, all qualities the Lakers need more of in their rotation.
– via The Athletic

If the Lakers have to move on from one of their lead guards, Russell makes more sense, even with him outplaying Reaves for portions of the season (the beginning, and then more recently). There’s a reason why every team asks for Reaves first: He has more leaguewide value. That perception extends to the Lakers, too, who ultimately value Reaves over Russell. Russell’s heater hasn’t changed that reality, according to team sources.

– via The Athletic

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I'd do that. Send AJ for Grimes since Quin won't play him. Now we have a SG and SF that play defense and can hit threes.

Yuck.  Trae surrounded by role players that lack upside is a good way to lock this squad into a play-in team for the next couple years.  

8 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I think the play is to hold on to DJM until the offseason, and try to shed enough salary so we can make a splash in free agency (Claxton).

Means you'd have to turn Capela and either Dre or Bogi into expiring's now.

Build around Trae/JJ/Claxton

Hopefully get lucky-ish in the lotto and take the best wing.

Then you'd have DJM, AJ, Kobe, OO, and whatever we have left in draft assets to try and add that final piece...if it's not DJM.