• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
Just now, theheroatl said:

Jeff - Generally I have agreed with you on a lot of topics but shunning DJ away because of minor personality traits is not it.

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm not saying DJ is some huge character misfit that needs to be dealt because of that.

Again, I'm not saying we should trade him because of his issues -- I'm just saying they are actually real and there, even if they're surfacing now only because he's in trade talks. 

As far as dealing him, I still think we should try to get an upgrade in the front court (preferably Clint replacement) or a SG that is a high level defender.  Someone like Caruso and a pick would make me happy -- or obviously for someone like Towns in the offseason.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Again, I'm not saying we should trade him because of his issues -- I'm just saying they are actually real and there, even if they're surfacing now only because he's in trade talks. 

As far as dealing him, I still think we should try to get an upgrade in the front court (preferably Clint replacement) or a SG that is a high level defender.  Someone like Caruso and a pick would make me happy -- or obviously for someone like Towns in the offseason.

Where are these twitter wars that you speak of??

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Basis for a trade?

AAF8009B-E128-4619-BADB-562A26B7F9BE.png

Great for us but I don't see why the Pels would do this.  CC is a pretty bad fit with Zion and Herb is on arguably the best contract in the NBA in a role that is coveted by every team.  

• Like 4

So Draymond has the right kind of edge and is therefore not a problem. 

Dillon Brooks is a dog and is someone you want around your locker room. 

Bridges is a desired trade target with no locker room concerns. 

Portis breaks teammate jaw but he is great. 

Morant does what morant does but boy does Memphis like  him.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Great for us but I don't see why the Pels would do this.  CC is a pretty bad fit with Zion and Herb is on arguably the best contract in the NBA in a role that is coveted by every team.  

I agree.  It was just referencing an apparent old rumor.  Just having fun

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Basis for a trade?

No.

We need to remember, NOP is having a good season.  They don't need to make a trade until the offseason, money-wise (if at all).  We need trades now, so we're the desperate party. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No.

We need to remember, NOP is having a good season.  They don't need to make a trade until the offseason, money-wise (if at all).  We need trades now, so we're the desperate party. 

Fair point 

3 hours ago, Hawkish said:

Wait a second… You mean the Hawks wouldn’t rather take on someone’s trash in order to improve the opposing team’s chance of success? No way… I don’t believe it.  They must think the Hawks are a 2 on the Enneagram.  

Well Landry Fields is a Klutch client too

So Murray to Lakers confirmed.. lol

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We never drafted him for us, if he’s not flipped it’s a horrible pick by management. I mean, just a pick out of left field. The kid can play but he’s another scoring 1. I don’t know, I’m prolly saying this cuz I had 8 prospects for the Hawks and he wasn’t one of them. 

He was supposed to be a Raptor, stupid Masai and his bs.

I dont believe this..

LF was happier than a chubby kid in a candy shop after the Bufkin selection...

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hawkish said:

Basis for a trade?

This would be awesome.  Yeah nola probably wouldn't but they are unhappy with Val and they need DJ honestly.   Clint would have worked for them too but now that he's hurt i doubt it.  

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Player's on court abilities, age and contract are what sets their value. Personality is a secondary consideration unless it's truly egregious.

You just said yesterday there could be something. Make up your melon 🍈 folks don’t forget. 🙄 

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The only reason anyone on this board ever got behind trading DJ was because we were told he had “real value and interest” from other teams and we thought that meant we were going to get a really good player in return. The moment we started getting lowball offers is when I stopped caring about trading him.

Fit doesn’t matter as we have no issue putting up points with him and Trae. We never have. That’s just a narrative to support another narrative.

Defensively, sure. We let DJ guard Steph, a smaller PG than him, and he still got cooked. So it’s not about the defensive mismatches. That another lazy take.

The truth is, when you lose as much as we were losing, everyone is quick to want to try something different. But the moment teams started driving down DJ’s trade value, that narrative shifted and our FO seemingly has wisened up to look elsewhere for roster moves.

The character stuff is nothing but noise.

We are better off keeping DJ. I don’t see many ways to improve this roster via trade at the deadline. It is what it is.

There is a difference between being awful or gettin cooked. Steph was making extremely difficult shots. Shit happens. He's one of the atg at scoring

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You just said yesterday there could be something. Make up your melon 🍈 folks don’t forget. 🙄 

I said the character concerns may have some legitimately. I never said that would determine his trade value though.

• Like 1