• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

5wobbw.jpg

Hahahaha. We just have different valuations for Murray. Getting a good young player who is also defensive minded + multiple picks is good package. Murray to me is not worth more than that and I’m not sure why he is to so many on here too when we got him for 3 picks. Recouping 2 to use in a deal in summer is good 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Hahahaha. We just have different valuations for Murray. Getting a good young player who is also defensive minded + multiple picks is good package. Murray to me is not worth more than that and I’m not sure why he is to so many on here too when we got him for 3 picks. Recouping 2 to use in a deal in summer is good 

What picks are you talking about with this deal?  Hopefully not more "mid to late 20's garbage picks" like the other deals you've said were great.  Murray needs to bring real value not a limited role player and picks that most likely would turn into role players 2-3 years down the line for us.

Until we give up on Trae we need to make contending with him the top priority.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

And then trey will leave cause he not staying unless u get PLAYER NOT PICKS!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ABH said:

And then trey will leave cause he not staying unless u get PLAYER NOT PICKS!!

Some folks here think we can turn these mid picks into a player better than Trae.  It's fantasy island. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Some folks here think we can turn these mid picks into a player better than Trae.  It's fantasy island. 

I just don’t want SA to get high picks from us — too prideful.  Stay competitive 

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

What picks are you talking about with this deal?  Hopefully not more "mid to late 20's garbage picks" like the other deals you've said were great.  Murray needs to bring real value not a limited role player and picks that most likely would turn into role players 2-3 years down the line for us.

Until we give up on Trae we need to make contending with him the top priority.  

I’m not doing this again lol. Picks are good. You can speculate where they end up but New Orleans has a bunch of picks; their own, Milwaukee, and a lakers pick. Any choice of them is good and I view Murray as a stepping stone to make another deal. Murray straight up for a star or impact player is very unlikely to happen (could but unlikely). 

This season is a wash. They could get 7 seed and maybe make a fluke run but getting assets in a Murray deal to use to facilitate the next deal is not a bad thing. Grade the trade however you want for the short term but when those assets are flipped for player x I think you’ll change your mind 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

These are the biggest pieces of info we are always missing, which are probably primary reasons for a lot of moves... 

• Where does the player want to play?
  • How much are they asking for in extension talks (if RFA or end of contract)
  • What type of role do they want (i.e spot up shooter v playmaker)
  • What players they do or do not want to play with

I think these are likely factors when you see a deal happen that doesn't make much sense on the surface.  The OG trade for instance felt like the Raps got the short end of the stick, but they had zero leverage

OG basically pushed his way out the door with limited options of where he wanted to play. Obviously, the more years you got, the better. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

According to Fischer, Pels discussed OO/Capela/Murray in various forms.

If we can move Capela with Murray and get back a fat stack of good players and picks that’s clutch.

Fischer….hmmm.

Dang— Pels think we are having a liquidation sale.  

Murray/CJ/Ingram/Zion/Capela could be tough.

Edited by Hawkish