• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They were shopping JCs TPE

They also shopped both 1sts separately 

This is the only thing that piqued by interest.  Do you have any more info on the targets?

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is the only thing that piqued by interest.  Do you have any more info on the targets?

I heard there was more but Brodgon, Marcus Smart, and Bruce Brown were targets at a point and time. 

As far as picks, I know Dyson Daniels was someone Atlanta had heavy talks with the Pels about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's a Hawk AND it doesn't help how we:

1. mismanaged past assets

2. seem directionless

3. have a very young front office

4. have instability in the ownership and front office

Doesn’t that mean other teams missed an opportunity?  If others would only lowball us because all the reasons you stated above, they missed getting a legit fringe allstar.

Personally it doesn’t make sense that every team in the NBA held back legit offers.  I don’t buy this idea that NBA GMs would avoid making a play on someone because “Hawks”.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

As far as picks, I know Dyson Daniels was someone Atlanta had heavy talks with the Pels about. 

Offering a pick for him makes plenty of sense.  (Offering DJM does not.)

• Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I don’t buy this idea that NBA GMs would avoid making a play on someone because “Hawks”.  

that's not the idea he's selling you. He's selling you that GMs would avoid making a serious offer -- not avoid making a play. 

8 minutes ago, warcore said:

that's not the idea he's selling you. He's selling you that GMs would avoid making a serious offer -- not avoid making a play. 

Sounds Iike the same idea.  We don’t get a serious offer because… Either way I don’t buy this.  It sounds like sour grapes.

Other GMs missed a deal if it’s true, but just sounds like whiny fan talk with no substance.  

All the GMs are professionals.  If they want a player they had plenty of time to negotiate.  

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

Offering a pick for him makes plenty of sense.  (Offering DJM does not.)

Atlanta wanted a lot from NO. That said, Atlanta made progress on Dyson Daniels. It depends where they land but don't count him out for the Hawks.

Hawks are trying to build a contender next year. Since they don't have a 1st, they are going all in this year. 

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

I love the Hawks, but Im gonna step outside the box for the rest of the season.   Hawks probably not gonna be in the playoffs so.....

The worst place to be in the NBA..

Too good to tank, but not good enough to contend........

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I did hear Atlanta has serious interest in Daniels but not for Murray or OO. It's going to be interesting during the draft. Atlanta seemed to really covet Daniels. 

They’ve had this interest dating back to him being in the draft. For the star they are trying to get in the summer they are gonna need dyson type player starting at the 2 

• Like 2

Looks like Thaddeus Young is available.  I admittedly have a strong GT bias, but I do think he would be good for the Hawks as PF depth.  Not sure if he'd be willing to come home versus trying to latch onto a contender though...

Just now, Vol4ever said:

Pickup Thaddeus Young.   He is going to be released.  

Haha, beat me to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Pickup Thaddeus Young.   He is going to be released.  

He’s been mentioned so many times over the years on here, I’m surprised we haven’t spoken him being an Hawk into existence.

GT bias too @Phunkabilly, but he was there for such a short time lol. Probably just a short memory in his life considering he wasn’t from Atlanta.

2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

He’s been mentioned so many times over the years on here, I’m surprised we haven’t spoken him being an Hawk into existence.

GT bias too @Phunkabilly, but he was there for such a short time lol. Probably just a short memory in his life considering he wasn’t from Atlanta.

True, but didn't he live close by?  Memphis, I thought?

• Like 2