• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

re the Hawks nearing a rebuild ?

FL_BRYANT

• Premium Member
On 11/30/2023 at 1:21 AM, Sothron said:

Ressler would fire the entire Hawks basketball operations before he did a rebuild like this. 

Team needs defense on the perimeter. An elite offensive center would be wonderful but there's no way the Twolves are trading KAT after their start this season. Jokic and Embiid was not options. I always thought JV from the Pels would be a sneaky good pickup for this but that's not moving the needle for this team.

We need to either play AJ or flip him for an upgrade in the front court. 

AJs value must be in the cellar right now. He hasn't been bad, he's been unplayable. 

• Sad 3

59 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I'm good with Delon or Caruso.

What are thoughts on this: Murray + 2ish assets for Mikal Bridges? I think for us to upgrade our defense in a playoff sustainable way, unfortunately one of Young or Murray will have to go and Young's upside is too high.

Brooklyn will die laughing

Mikal trade value is for a superstar, not Murray. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's like he flipped a switch but in reverse.  What happened?  He does nothing well now.  Literally nothing. 

Yea it's bizarre, he always played at his own pace but now it feels like he is moving with cinder blocks attached to his ankles. It's hard to watch. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea it's bizarre, he always played at his own pace but now it feels like he is moving with cinder blocks attached to his ankles. It's hard to watch. 

Maybe, as he was saying this offseason on social media, Beyonce does worship demons.  She put some hoodoo voodoo on his butt. 

I'm joking, Beyonce.  Don't curse me, gurl.  

• Haha 3

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Brooklyn will die laughing

Mikal trade value is for a superstar, not Murray. 

Mikal has gone from a stud starter / rotation player to a star since he got traded.  Even on a per minute basis, everything but his blocks (down) and steals (holding) have significantly jumped up compared to his play in Phoenix.  

14 hours ago, Diesel said:

Well, again...  JJ is potential being shown.   and you're right.. everybody else is a role player ... but when was that ever a bad thing?  Everybody ought to know their role.   I have seen a team full of role players with no star win 60 games and make it to the ECF.

I think there's great possibilities for us.. and yep, it may require 1 player to be added... But not a total rebuild....  That's just crazy talk. 

As far as Quin vs. Spo and Pop...

Pop without Duncan, Robinson, or Manu... doesn't look like Pop anymore.   He looks like another old man trying to get lucky in the lottery.

Spo is a great coach... no doubt. 

image.png

58.9% winning percent.  That's great.

Quin....

image.png

57.9% winning percent...  HMM...

You know Quin never coached Lebron, Wade, and Bosh.  Spoe had those guys for three seasons.    Quin never had a star on the level of DWade...  Spoe had him for damn near 13 Seasons.   And you said " I think your reaching if your trying

14 hours ago, Diesel said:

Well, again...  JJ is potential being shown.   and you're right.. everybody else is a role player ... but when was that ever a bad thing?  Everybody ought to know their role.   I have seen a team full of role players with no star win 60 games and make it to the ECF.

I think there's great possibilities for us.. and yep, it may require 1 player to be added... But not a total rebuild....  That's just crazy talk. 

As far as Quin vs. Spo and Pop...

Pop without Duncan, Robinson, or Manu... doesn't look like Pop anymore.   He looks like another old man trying to get lucky in the lottery.

Spo is a great coach... no doubt. 

image.png

58.9% winning percent.  That's great.

Quin....

image.png

57.9% winning percent...  HMM...

You know Quin never coached Lebron, Wade, and Bosh.  Spoe had those guys for three seasons.    Quin never had a star on the level of DWade...  Spoe had him for damn near 13 Seasons.   And you said " I think your reaching if your trying to compare him to Spo"    With the comparison... I may come away saying that as a coach...  He may be better than Spo... and Pop. 

to compare him to Spo"    With the comparison... I may come away saying that as a coach...  He may be better than Spo... and Pop. 

Do you really think Trae is going to stay here thru all this mediocracy. He already owns a home in LA.

If they don't turn this around fast Trae is out of here. The Hawks are on the clock. They are closer to imploding than a championship.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Cade should be using his pg-like skills as a playmaking wing the same way Ben Simmons should've been.  He lacks the athletic profile to be a lead guard consistently.  Can't get by guys, can't go over guys.  That's not who should be your primary ballhandler.  Not fighting, btw, just sharing muh thoughts.

And you don't hire a guy to that contract then tank .  Especially not in a draft lacking a true #1.  And bad teams fall into wins all the time, often against teams who they shouldn't beat on paper.  To go winless for a whole month should be a huge knock on Monti.  I'm not saying he's trash, just saying he's overrated. 

I agree with you to an extent.   I distance myself from the idea of a Point forward.   No matter how many times people bring up Pippen, Draymond, or Simmons.. even though Draymond is special.   My problem with your point is that he'd be a poor SF.  He'd probably be a subpar SG.  I like the terminology OG...  He's a hard mix too.   He'd be pretty good next to Trae... actually.   However,  what he should do to persist at PG is learn to post up.   IF Detroit had 6'8 guys playing the 2 and 3....  They could kill... if he could post up Smaller PGs.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Do you really think Trae is going to stay here thru all this mediocracy. He already owns a home in LA.

If they don't turn this around fast Trae is out of here. The Hawks are on the clock. They are closer to imploding than a championship.

It's going to be hard to walk away from the super duper max. 

But you make a good point.   Landry and Company has to make some moves that are not just sexy and not just cash saving but moves that will make us compete for the Chip.   I don't think we are as closer to mediocrity as other.   I think that by the time this season is over, we may be one of the top 10 teams headed towards top 7.

32 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I agree with you to an extent.   I distance myself from the idea of a Point forward.   No matter how many times people bring up Pippen, Draymond, or Simmons.. even though Draymond is special.   My problem with your point is that he'd be a poor SF.  He'd probably be a subpar SG.  I like the terminology OG...  He's a hard mix too.   He'd be pretty good next to Trae... actually.   However,  what he should do to persist at PG is learn to post up.   IF Detroit had 6'8 guys playing the 2 and 3....  They could kill... if he could post up Smaller PGs.

I hear you.  At pg, it's gonna be tough to build around him imho.

On the Monti discussion, Nbaradio was discussing their woes.  Apparently he's doing the iRobot thing and just blindly playing vets over Ivey and Ausar T.  Basically the sentiment is it's understandable to do that if you're winning atleast a little.  To be as bad as they are, it's inexcusable to do that.  Plus the front office rumblings are that he and weaver aren't on the same page in that regard.  Considering Monti was an ownership hire more than a GM hire, things are gonna get messy there in the near term.

Hope we can pick that carcass when the smoke settles... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

It's like he flipped a switch but in reverse.  What happened?  He does nothing well now.  Literally nothing. 

He has the skills we saw it, he needs a hug 🥰 Maaaaa boiiiii AJ don’t slide baby don’t 🛝 

image.gif.d86515ae7f102c0cadd7090fa554d54c.gif

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm issuing a full apology to avoid the calamity that has befallen AJ.  I don't need that evil on me, RickyBobby. 

Glad you cleared that up the next gif would have shown no mercy no retreat 🥋 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I hear you.  At pg, it's gonna be tough to build around him imho.

On the Monti discussion, Nbaradio was discussing their woes.  Apparently he's doing the iRobot thing and just blindly playing vets over Ivey and Ausar T.  Basically the sentiment is it's understandable to do that if you're winning atleast a little.  To be as bad as they are, it's inexcusable to do that.  Plus the front office rumblings are that he and weaver aren't on the same page in that regard.  Considering Monti was an ownership hire more than a GM hire, things are gonna get messy there in the near term.

Hope we can pick that carcass when the smoke settles... 

Pistons front office unhappy with Monty Williams' usage of Jaden Ivey

Jaden Ivey’s inconsistent run under Williams, who signed a five-year, $78.5 million contract this offseason that marked the richest deal in NBA history upon agreement, has sparked some tension among Detroit decision-makers this season, league sources told Yahoo Sports, as well as drawn the ire of Pistons faithful online.

• Like 2

AJ Griffin needs to go and play with the Skyhawks.  I believe his problem is this:  He's trying to think instead of automatically reacting, whether on defense or offense.  Usually, when you stop and think, the play has already passed you by.

Playing regularly with the Skyhawks will help him get back in the groove.  Hawks have a player on the Skyhawks who could come up.  He's having a great year in the G League.  A win for both players!

:smug:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 12/1/2023 at 4:04 PM, FL_BRYANT said:

Well I don't see any way of getting much better really fast. It that is the case, Hawks should be thinking about trading him to the West coast for a king's ramson while Trae is still happy in the A.   

Just saying.

On 12/1/2023 at 9:35 AM, NBASupes said:

Williams, no. He wants 100+ million. I don't have a big wing in mind. I don't know if that player is even available. But it can't just be Dre. Not hating on my guy but he's not good enough to be a single point of failure. We need someone like Deni as well but no one is giving those guys away and everyone wants one. Maybe see if Tari Eason available for a 2nd rounder. He's playing so that's not possible. Idk. Everyone wants big wings. 

Caruso would help but at what cost?

Vuc, yeah. I am all in on a Clint for Vuc trade. Both teams would win in this this as well. 

I’m on board for a Clint for Vuc trade also. We not getting the defense or rebounding from Clint so mind as well try to create more space offensively for our two guards.…mind as well