• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs "at" Hawks -- The MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

OO was completely horrible... He's always out of position.  He doesn't rebound well.   And there is no way that he can realistically beat out Clint or most starting Centers.  He's headed towards career backup or somebody makes him a starter and regrets it.  He doesn't have it.  Yes, I said it.. He doesn't have it.  A lot of San Antonio coming back was him.  And when we did put Clint in the game... Clint played with Aggression. He was not limited.   To me, he saved the game for us.   I had hoped that OO would be able to replace CC.  A changing of the guard.  Well, I don't see that any longer.   OO will never be as good.   He blow great passes.   Maybe Clint has spoiled me.  Maybe when Trae makes a great pass to Clint. and Clint catches it and finishes... he makes it so easy that I believe it's Trae.  But I see Trae do the same shit with OO and if OO even sees the ball, he catches the ball... not on the way up.. but brings it down and gets it blocked or stolen.   He gets blocks.. but he gives up a gang of position to get those blocks from behind or the side. 

CC challenged Wimby about 4 times today.  Just straight up, I'm coming to your house to put you out.   OO.. No challenges.  Just timid. 

I would consider OO and Bogi for Ayton in the offseason... and I hate Ayton. 

Man i know that hurt you to say lol I like Ayton a little more than most around here so i wouldn't hate that trade.  But i prefer other players for sure if possible.  Im at the point that if we can get good value for Hunter, Bogi, OO, or Bey im moving them.   If we can take any 3 of those guys and pair a pick or 2 with them or a younger guy like Griffin to get a player like KAT, Brown, or heck even a older proven vet like PG or something that can still put up good numbers.

This game was marked on my special lady’s calendar 📅 as one to watch. Pretty fun one for her to see I thought.

We played really well early on, specially the first half. Trae was on one of those {shoulder shrug Mike runs} and was zoned in from deep and couldn’t miss. Vintage superstar, on the 3rd straight theee he made my special lady shook her head and giggled aka the ultimate respect of “wtf this insane”..

JJ is sick. He’s growing on me like no other Hawk. He’s active he boards and does it all. Dude is a 5 tool athlete in basketball 🏀 The steals alone, wow, most improved player in the league? Top 3 or 5 for sure this kid is rising fast. Love it!

Towards the end we played with our food a lot. Should have won this by 20-30 but only 10. Having said that a win is a win but we gotta learn to close out a game better overall.

At one point, when Wemby was ground slamming the ball my special lady said that’s like you and a nerf hoop… 

me: 😐.. nah, he’s better .. 🏃‍♀️ 

@Jody23 you’ve been so busy dissecting our bs as a team and trying to understand us and break us down that you might be tired I got it..

ON TO THE NEXT! 

GO HAWKS!!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

A win for a change, so that's good. They should've won against a full tank squad and they did as expected, but I still haven't got used to those second half stinkers. I'll still take it, Trae was phenomenal in the first half and that helped a lot, otherwise that could be another terrible defeat at home. 

• Like 1