• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs "at" Hawks -- The MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Whatever, look at his full-game production. Nobody else was producing this game besides JJ. How many wide open 3s did he create that Bogi and Bey bricked? Have you noticed defenses are starting to sag off Bey? 

I've been noting how bad Bey and Bogi have been from 3 for a while now.

And Trae gets props for having an overall B+ game.  He was A+ in the 1st half . . B- in the 2nd.

Can't give him an A- . . but he definitely gets a B+

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Whatever, look at his full-game production. Nobody else was producing this game besides JJ. How many wide open 3s did he create that Bogi and Bey bricked? Have you noticed defenses are starting to sag off Bey? 

Bey needs to take a step or two in those corners away from the baseline.  His shots are all straight on but short long. It's a depth perception issue.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

You know how I define an idiot fan? They post that Trae young should be traded to make the Hawks better.

works every time 

between twitter and here I haven’t seen more idiots come out of the woodwork in a while

He fell apart in the second half, having the ball stolen from him.  You can go off in the first half and get 10 pts in the second half and be the star player.  

14 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

My man went an efficient 36-6-12-1-1. GET HIM SOME HELP!!!!

He had:

• The same number of rebounds as OO
  • More assists than the rest of the team
  • Almost 2x the points of our bench
  • More stocks than the entire bench

OO was horrible

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

He fell apart in the second half, having the ball stolen from him.  You can go off in the first half and get 10 pts in the second half and be the star player.  

You can when the other team's adjustments are ALWAYS:

• Sag off the 3 point shooters[sic] and pack the paint
  • Trap and double Trae from half court
  • Chuckle as the rest of the scrub team is unable to create any offense
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

OO was horrible

Has been for awhile now he has regressed big time in my eyes.  I don't know if the scheme is just to hard for him or he is just dejected that he wasn't given the starting positon over Capela by now or what.  But it is very noticeable he is not playing up to the standards he even once was and damn sure isn't coming close to where we hope he would make a jump to.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

You can when the other team's adjustments are ALWAYS:

• Sag off the 3 point shooters[sic] and pack the paint
  • Trap and double Trae from half court
  • Chuckle as the rest of the scrub team is unable to create any offense

Bbbbut ... trade Trae.

Smh 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Bey makes me miss Huerter and anxious for Hunter to return.

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Bey shooting the ball too quick.   Not getting set.  

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I've been noting how bad Bey and Bogi have been from 3 for a while now.

And Trae gets props for having an overall B+ game.  He was A+ in the 1st half . . B- in the 2nd.

Can't give him an A- . . but he definitely gets a B+

55 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bogi and The Bey 2-13 from 3. 🤢

52 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

@Diesel...is it time for the referendum on Siddig Bey yet?

52 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

absolutely

Bey hasnt shot well lately but hes still second on this team by net rating.  He puts in the hustle plays (had a few out backs just tonight), is OK at drawing fouls, and generally looks like hes bought into what Quin is coaching.  He tries hard all the time and I like him as a bench piece long term if he accepts that role. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Bey hasnt shot well lately but hes still second on this team by net rating.  He puts in the hustle plays (had a few out backs just tonight), is OK at drawing fouls, and generally looks like hes bought into what Quin is coaching.  He tries hard all the time and I like him as a bench piece long term if he accepts that role. 

He will be a price point decision this offseason.  Assuming we don't trade him and he and Quin are on the same page, I hope he resigns for a much lower contract than he was seeking last year.  He doesn't deserve big dollars but he is a nice piece off the bench on the right team.

His shooting is way off his career norm and he is still getting great looks so there is no reason that he shouldn't recover as the year progresses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Threezus said:

Has been for awhile now he has regressed big time in my eyes.  I don't know if the scheme is just to hard for him or he is just dejected that he wasn't given the starting positon over Capela by now or what.  But it is very noticeable he is not playing up to the standards he even once was and damn sure isn't coming close to where we hope he would make a jump to.

Any word on Mo Gueye health?

Hawks need more length and I dont care where it comes from..

OO aint it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, terrell said:

Any word on Mo Gueye health?

Hawks need more length and I dont care where it comes from..

OO aint it.

I liked Mo in summer league.  But that could mean he’s still 2-3 years away from being a productive rotation player.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Threezus said:

OO was completely horrible... He's always out of position.  He doesn't rebound well.   And there is no way that he can realistically beat out Clint or most starting Centers.  He's headed towards career backup or somebody makes him a starter and regrets it.  He doesn't have it.  Yes, I said it.. He doesn't have it.  A lot of San Antonio coming back was him.  And when we did put Clint in the game... Clint played with Aggression. He was not limited.   To me, he saved the game for us.   I had hoped that OO would be able to replace CC.  A changing of the guard.  Well, I don't see that any longer.   OO will never be as good.   He blow great passes.   Maybe Clint has spoiled me.  Maybe when Trae makes a great pass to Clint. and Clint catches it and finishes... he makes it so easy that I believe it's Trae.  But I see Trae do the same shit with OO and if OO even sees the ball, he catches the ball... not on the way up.. but brings it down and gets it blocked or stolen.   He gets blocks.. but he gives up a gang of position to get those blocks from behind or the side. 

CC challenged Wimby about 4 times today.  Just straight up, I'm coming to your house to put you out.   OO.. No challenges.  Just timid. 

I would consider OO and Bogi for Ayton in the offseason... and I hate Ayton. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

I liked Mo in summer league.  But that could mean he’s still 2-3 years away from being a productive rotation player.

Mo will be a very good player.   It's hard to believe that he picked up the game so late. I believe you let him learn in CP because he was late at starting.  Let him get his weight up a little too.   He has a good future if we develop him.