• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

What would y'all guess Trae's FG percentage is on these side layups where he tries to go over the defender and off the glass? It's gotta be bad. My bet would be <15% and he keeps going to it. This shot has to be killing his efficiency.

I'd love to see the overall numbers if someone is doing a breakout because I do feel like there are a lot of offensive rebounds on those plays with big men coming out to challenge him and leaving our bigs to scoop those up.

Just now, AHF said:

I'd love to see the overall numbers if someone is doing a breakout because I do feel like there are a lot of offensive rebounds on those plays with big men coming out to challenge him and leaving our bigs to scoop those up.

That's a fair point on the offensive rebounding on these shots. I bet that ratio is higher than most of his other shots.

But a lot of these are getting blocked too.

• Like 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

That's a fair point on the offensive rebounding on these shots. I bet that ratio is higher than most of his other shots.

But a lot of these are getting blocked too.

True.  An all-in sort of analysis on PPP on those possessions would be good including shots that were blocked (and the outcome if we retained possession because we recovered the ball or they were blocked out of bounds, etc.).  I would just guess the return on those possessions is better than his FG% might suggest.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

"3 and D" is a pretty common archetype.  NBA players should be able to make threes at a higher clip than 0/5, 0/6, and 2/7 (in his last three) regardless of how fatigued they are.  He's not taking difficult shots -- in fact most of them are corner threes

I think it's really mental now.   Shooting requires mental confidence and I don't think Bey has it right now.  He sometimes rushes his shot.   He needs a game where he just can't miss and that will get him back into a mental rhythm.  Sadly, I don't even care much about his 3 pt shooting because I believe his real strength is attacking the rim.   He's not a pretty as JJ but he's more powerful. He goes in strong with guys hanging off of him. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think it's really mental now.   Shooting requires mental confidence and I don't think Bey has it right now.  He sometimes rushes his shot.   He needs a game where he just can't miss and that will get him back into a mental rhythm.  Sadly, I don't even care much about his 3 pt shooting because I believe his real strength is attacking the rim.   He's not a pretty as JJ but he's more powerful. He goes in strong with guys hanging off of him. 

He has always been someone who shoots a majority of his shots from 3 but the interesting thing is that this season is his career high for most attempts at the rim and it's not close.  He is almost taking 50% more of his shots at the rim than usual (28.7% of attempts this year versus 19.7% attempts for his career).

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, AHF said:

He has always been someone who shoots a majority of his shots from 3 but the interesting thing is that this season is his career high for most attempts at the rim and it's not close.  He is almost taking 50% more of his shots at the rim than usual (28.7% of attempts this year versus 19.7% attempts for his career).

Hard to call on that one.   Maybe miscoached.  Maybe he has worked on his game.   I notice that he goes to the drive after missing a couple of threes.. Plus.. he's always in on the boards.     A big part of it is that we have him out there playing 4 and defensively he just get more attempts on offensive rebounds.   I mean his offensive rebounds got to be a high too.  Maybe his defensive rebounds as well.. but he did get some of those with us last year.  He's scrappy. 

But what I loved yesterday was everytime he caught Schröder on a switch, he would back him down to the rim to score over him.  It's that type of recognition.. when you got a "mouse in the house" that will take him far.. because the man is definitely strong enough to muscle most players that will guard him. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

But what I loved yesterday was everytime he caught Schröder on a switch, he would back him down to the rim to score over him.  It's that type of recognition.. when you got a "mouse in the house" that will take him far.. because the man is definitely strong enough to muscle most players that will guard him. 

:good:

• Premium Member

This is most off topic...

It's hard not to root for Prunty. 

He's 5/2 in interim coach games.  Lost to the world champs tonight.   He coaches better than Snyder.  

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This is most off topic...

It's hard not to root for Prunty. 

He's 5/2 in interim coach games.  Lost to the world champs tonight.   He coaches better than Snyder.  

Didn't Doc coach tonight?