• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

4 hours ago, theheroatl said:

I've really warmed up to Risacher being the pick at #1.  Watching the firm and even his game the other day.. he might have the killer instinct you want for a two-way lengthy wing.

Yeah if we can sign a center like Jonas or Claxton maybe.. lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

Well then, Wemby and Chet must not be real centers due to their lack of “being physical”.  

This so called lack of being physical is about like saying he lacks a back to the basket game.  Who gives a shit?   No one plays that way in the NBA.  

It’s not 1985 any longer.  

You don’t have to be 7’ and 300lb to be physical. There is so much to rebounding and post play on top of being physical. SArr doesn’t have that right now. 

Coming out as prospects Wembanyama averaged 11.5 / 36 boards. Chet was 13.3 /36. Sarr is 9/36 … there is more to rebounding than size. For reference … JJJ was 9.6. JJJ hasn’t topped 9/36 since he’s been a pro. 

im still camp take Sarr if we keep #1. He just isn’t going to solve your center issues today. We should keep Cap and OO if we draft him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

You don’t have to be 7’ and 300lb to be physical. There is so much to rebounding and post play on top of being physical. SArr doesn’t have that right now. 

Coming out as prospects Wembanyama averaged 11.5 / 36 boards. Chet was 13.3 /36. Sarr is 9/36 … there is more to rebounding than size. For reference … JJJ was 9.6. JJJ hasn’t topped 9/36 since he’s been a pro. 

im still camp take Sarr if we keep #1. He just isn’t going to solve your center issues today. We should keep Cap and OO if we draft him. 

We should keep OO for sure.  Capela is useless now.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, KB21 said:

We should keep OO for sure.  Capela is useless now.  

I wouldn't call Capela useless.   He still knows defensive spacing and can read offenses.   Something that OO really sucks at.   I would start Sarr off as a PF and Move JJ to the SF.    Run it big for a bit.   Sarr is not that small, he's 7'1 224.  That's about the size of Tyson Chandler coming into the league.   Chet only weights 195 and he has been physical.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

Jonas?   What the hell?   f*** no!

He's not that bad.. 

Hawks need to add some beef...

He doesn't have to start.. lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

He's not that bad.. 

Hawks need to add some beef...

He doesn't have to start.. lol

Y’all seriously need to just let that style of big die on off.  

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You are late to the party, I already posted it and commented in the Over/Under LT thread over 4 hours ago 🤓

The more they say it the less I believe them. First Landry. Now Koonin. Next will be Ressler. Maybe Quin. 

Funny thing though...Teams that spend in the LT don't feel the need to tell everyone they are willing to spend in the LT. 

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The more they say it the less I believe them. First Landry. Now Koonin. Next will be Ressler. Maybe Quin. 

Funny thing though...Teams that spend in the LT don't feel the need to tell everyone they are willing to spend in the LT. 

Yep....you either do it or don't.

Messy Ressy already said it a couple years ago about 'not being afraid of the tax.' Darn right he isn't afraid of it cause he's never paying it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Hard to ignore this type of play. If he keeps this up, I’m the sure the FO is taking notice.

He plays with more aggression than Sarr. Doesn’t mean he’s better but it sure does stick out.

• Premium Member

If we're trading Dejounte over the offseason, how does everyone feel about Alex Caruso?

40pct three point shooter with solid passing and elite POA defense and hustle.

Guys in that archetype are what we'll need to raise the floor of this team, I'd like a vet off the bench as well. 

• Like 2