• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks/Warriors talking trade?

WraithSentinel

I know Teague didnt get enough minutes to prove or disprove he can be a starter but one thing he showed that makes me ? his abilty to start is he could not hit a jump shot to save his life. He really looked bad.

+1 Chaze.

Good point...........Teague is alot like a minny Rondo, and Rondo did not get enough time in his rookie year either.

i agreee

I agree with the Rondo comparison except for the "minny" part. They both are the same height with long wingspans. Rondo has bigger hands probably but Teague is much more athletic

but in addition to that, even if Teague doesnt improve his shot he is/would be a mini JSmoove. He can jump/dunk like crazy, and block shots.

Isnt that the only reason we love Smoove so much, because he "exites" the fans. Why should Teague be any different?

at least they both get us steals and assists tho too

Edited by RedDawg#8

All of you have too much faith in teague, he should not start yet unless he shows TREMENDOUS improvement. And I hope i'm not the only one whose actually wants marvin to stay D:

hey i dont want teague to start either but hes the best we have and im going to be a true hawk fan watch his ups and downs and support it, if devin harris came in or cp3 came in then ill be satisfied i looked up to him when he was in college

Edited by Chaze
  • Like 1

Didn't the Warriors apparently have an offer of OJ Mayo and Thabeet for Monta Ellis!?!?!

If Sund pulls off a Marvin/Bibby/ZaZa (whatever's needed) to obtain both Ellis and Biedrins....THEN flip Ellis for Mayo and Thabeet.....OH MAN! :stirthepot:

It's common knowledge the Warriors are trying to cut costs and shed contracts.

Now that we're balls deep in the ludicrous build-a-championship-caliber-team-around-JJ-Horf-Smoove approach, I think we gotta roll the dice on adding a young stud.

Ellis is a great candidate. Elite skills. Young (24 years old). Never really had the chance to thrive, but clearly the skills are there.

I'd offer Crawford's expiring and a 1st.

I can kinda talk myself into a JJ-Ellis-Smoove-Horf core. That's 4 All Star caliber players, and a fun team to boot.

• Premium Member

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2010/07/01/free-agent-spending-frenzy-forces-warriors-to-step-back/

The Hawks are reportedly shopping Marvin Williams, and the Warriors were mentioned in the grapevine as a potential suitor. But multiple sources told me the there is nothing to it. Golden State had conversations about Williams a while ago. But they aren’t in the market for a PF, after drafting Ekpe Udoh, especially not one on the books for $30 million over the next four seasons. (Personally, I’d much rather trade for Josh Smith, who has three years, $37M left. Since the Hawks are giving Joe Johnson the max, and they still have to re-up Al Horford next offseason, they might be willing to move Josh.)

Not sure how to take this, since the writer's perception of Marvin is as a PF.

Edited by sturt

Yeah- I'd think the reason you would take Udoh at 6 is to make him into a center. I've always been a little puzzed that there weren't really any centers in the league who specialized at blocking shots on defense and draining open 3's on offense. THats why I was high on Udoh going into the draft.

• Premium Member

In golden state Marvin would likely be a PF. I think he is exactly what Nellie wants from the PF position and I've thought for a while he would be a good fit for the Warriors.

I simply disagree.

Is there enough ball for JJ, Crawford, and an Ellis? When I first heard of the interest/talks with optimistic. The more time pass I begin to think it's just one of those random rumors that will never come to pass. The more I think about it, most cases, the trades that go down, even blockbuster trades, are genuinely kept close to the vest until they are signed on.

The assumption has to be that Bibby is no longer a starter and is viewed as a big enough liability that we would like to give him away. Marvin is shipped out for space to sign his successor starter at SF. You take that money (the Marvin money) and give it to Chillz on a better contract, for example.

If Sund were to do this it would basically be admitted he messed up big time last summer. Why did he resign Marvin and Bibby last year? It is not really a surprise that JJ was going to get a max deal. I hope Sund or any GM is looking more than one year down the road.

• Premium Member

If Sund were to do this it would basically be admitted he messed up big time last summer. Why did he resign Marvin and Bibby last year? It is not really a surprise that JJ was going to get a max deal. I hope Sund or any GM is looking more than one year down the road.

Overpaid somewhat for Bibby, though, too, have to account for the fact that we didn't yet have Crawford, and Bibby's stats would have been stronger if he'd not given up so many minutes to Jamal. Knowing what he knew at the time, it was an okay decision.

Didn't overpay for Marvin, again, knowing what he knew at the time... and even now, I think there will be plenty of teams intrigued to see if Marvin would blossom in their town w/o any serious concerns about his contract.

At this point I think you have to get what you can for Bibby and Marvin since both are way overpaid. Some players just want the money and will perform well during the contract year. Once they sign the pressure is off and they go back to their off and on again games. We can't turn the clock back but what we can do is get rid of some of the big contracts which will enable the Hawks to make better moves to help the team. I'm not advocating just dumping the players for nothing but if there is another player that can do a similar job for less money why not.

Sometimes players just need another city to play in to perform so maybe we take someone else's albatross contract and hope the player performs well.U think it is time for the Hawks to give Teague a shot or someone else.Bibby can't play good enough defense and seems to want to score more than assist. Marvin I am just tired of his act of all potential but when you see him play it's like he can't chew gum and walk at the same time. Also he has no consistent outside shot nor can he post up .He's young but after a period of time players are what they are. I hope Marvin is working on his game but it wouldn't surprise me if he is home playing nintendo games and doing everything but what he should be doing.Larry Bird didn't have great talent physical skills but he worked hour after hour shooting the ball.As much as these players get paid why can't you simply work on the fundamentals and get the most out of your ability.

• Like 1

GS was playing Harrington at C at times, even in the playoffs. I have no doubt they would put Marvin at the 4 more than just spot minutes . His standing reach is higher than Smith and Horford.

Edited by exodus

STEINMETZ ARCHIVE

WARRIORS PAGE | WARRIORS VIDEO

Matt Steinmetz

CSNBayArea.com

--There was talk the Warriors were in discussions with the Atlanta Hawks regarding small forward Marvin Williams. Don’t expect anything like that to happen. Williams has been available for the past six months, and any tire-kicking is already done with him.

Yes, the Warriors are looking for a small forward, but Williams is still owed $30 million over the next four years, and there’s not enough bang there for the buck. Williams is a middle-of-the-road small forward without any discernible strength.

When Warriors general manager Larry Riley was talking about the kind of small forwards he’d be looking at, he indicated that he would want the player to do more than one thing well, maybe rebound and pass … or pass and play defense … or score and pass. That’s not Williams.

Read more: Around the NBA -- Free Agency Whisperings

Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

http://www.csnbayarea.com/07/01/10/Around-the-NBA----Free-Agency-Whispering/landing.html?blockID=264585&feedID=2539

• Admin

Am I the only one that think Monta Ellis would be a good fit here?

Yes

He would be a terrible fit here. We will still need a point guard and that means we will have an undersized backcourt with Monta starting at SG (he can't play pg) and moving Joe to SF.

Monta takes terrible shots and is a poor / lazy defender.