Two extremely solid games from Marvin

capstone21

Don't hold you breath. Next game stats for Marvin:

2-7

4 points

2 rebounds

1 assist

LOL!!!

Like Nique said if he can put it together consistently we would be hard to beat. He has to stay aggressive at all times.

Exactly. Let's hold off on the Marvin parade until we see a, hmm, I don't know, season with consistently good numbers. I know I ask a lot but that's how I roll.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Don't hold you breath. Next game stats for Marvin:

2-7

4 points

2 rebounds

1 assist

LOL!!!

Like Nique said if he can put it together consistently we would be hard to beat. He has to stay aggressive at all times.

Fo.

Sheezy.

rap.gif

• Moderators

We need to use the fact that our team is full of non-traditional players to our advantage. Marvin's best bet to me is to post guys up. The dude is a load for a SF.

Still just being more aggressive would do wonders for him and several other guys on this team.

• Moderators

I don't think the positive reaction is from Marvin having two consecutive solid games. He has done that before. What I think it worthy of comment is that he has shown a little bit of fire over those two games. 30 points, 20 rebounds, 1 turnover is very good. Of course, the issue with Marvin is always consistency and I don't have much hope that he will show the willingness to assert himself going forward but it would be nice. There is nothing that should keep him from being a very good rebounder at the SF position, for example.

I don't think the positive reaction is from Marvin having two consecutive solid games. He has done that before. What I think it worthy of comment is that he has shown a little bit of fire over those two games. 30 points, 20 rebounds, 1 turnover is very good. Of course, the issue with Marvin is always consistency and I don't have much hope that he will show the willingness to assert himself going forward but it would be nice. There is nothing that should keep him from being a very good rebounder at the SF position, for example.

I give Marvin credit for playing hurt for several games. Let the posters blast him all they want b/c it does't amount to a hill of beans. Marvin is very important to this team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I give Marvin credit for playing hurt for several games. Let the posters blast him all they want b/c it does't amount to a hill of beans. Marvin is very important easily replaced on this team.

I fixed that for you.

I agree with Diesel. ANY player on the Hawks roster would be easily replaced.

The thing is, would his replacement be as valueable as the player he replaced?

If Diesel was the General Manager of the Hawks, Marvin would be gone within 48 hours

regardless of what kind of games he had recently. He just doesn't like the guy. Never has.

Never will. Marvin just rubs him the wrong way.

If you put the two of them together, you would start a fire.

I really like Marvin when he has a great game, which he has recently. I really like Diesel.

He is a great poster and has a very sharp mind. He never misses an opportunity to make

his thoughts known about Marvin. But, except for this one flaw, Diesel is a great Hawks fan!!

:handshake:

I give Marvin credit for playing hurt for several games. Let the posters blast him all they want b/c it does't amount to a hill of beans. Marvin is very important easily replaced on this team.

I fixed that for you.

lol!

Marvin Williams = a decent role player who makes 8 mill a year. Sund's an idiot. Didnt even let Marvin go on the market before he broke the bank to sign him. Marvin's worth about 4-5 mill per year tops. Must have one helluvan agent. Not saying I dont root for him, because I do. Just sayin.

• Like 1

Marvin Williams = a decent role player who makes 8 mill a year. Sund's an idiot. Didnt even let Marvin go on the market before he broke the bank to sign him. Marvin's worth about 4-5 mill per year tops. Must have one helluvan agent. Not saying I dont root for him, because I do. Just sayin.

At this point Marvin looks to be on the way from "decent role player" to "solid role player"...after that, the sky is the limit. I mean let's face it...if Marvin were still in college he wouldn't even be a tenured proffessor yet :cool: .

Actually, if Marvin IS getting more into the swing of things the next game might just be the place he can make it three good games in a row. If JJ sits there may be a few more opportunities for him on the offensive end. He can show that he can pull his weight when his weight is actually needed (fingers crossed).

• Premium Member

I think calling Sund an idiot is a bit strong. Sure the move looks bad in hindsight, but when the deal was made Marvin was coming off of his best season as a pro and had been showing steady improvement every season. The guy was viewed as a player who was gonna continue to get better and perhaps even begin to fulfill some of his draft day expectations. Pretty much every poster on this board with a few exceptions (Diesel) thought the deal was a very good one Coincidentally (?) after the deal was made Marvin has been playing worse and worse. Hopefully he can become a very good player for us, but considering the circumstances and his history I'm not holding my breath on it.

What's Marvin's sheet look like All-Time with Joe out? I'm sure they're considerably better than his career or past couple of seasons' averages. The thing I despise most about Joe is his total inability to play near or above the rim and get to the line with some sort of respectable regularity, despite being a human giant. Marvin excels at this when Joe's out, and a skill that no NBA team should be without. With only 2 rebounds, the last one was huge, basically snatching it out the air from a couple Sixers who should've had the offensive board down the stretch. 8-8 at the line. Only 1 three-point attempt. His style of play totally changes when he has a little more room to work, the ball is moving, and he is depended upon to initiate action. His good play gives a spark to this team unlike Boring Joe ever could, who we probably would've lost behind his 2 free throw attempts and 40% shooting. I would never call myself a Marvin fan, but he looks like a TrueTar Heel Alumn out there without offense/ payroll clogger dribbling 9 times for a contested fade-away. His increased production in Joe's absence cannot be denied. But before putting up Marvin's numbers with Joe out, make sure to ask exodus if the sample size is large enough to analyze and discuss.

Checked Sund's Wikipedia page: didn't know he was the youngest GM evre hired, took the Mav's to the Conference Finals (I was a little more interested with Transformers at the time) and "set up a pillar" for Dumars to build the Pistons who ruled the East until the Sheed experience wore out it's welcome.

Let's go Hawks, and Mighty Marvin. Nobody but Lebron up next. Piece of cake.