• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Damaged Goods

benhillboy

Now no one except maybe the Brainless Knicks would take his contract off our hands. Joe was due for a signifigant injury in his career, so I'm not surprised, especially with his awful athleticism and questionable conditioning. The flu would have this dude out for a week. The Spirit Group and Sund will regret the idiotic move of signing this dude to a monster contract as long as they live. Hopefully we can have a good mix of chemistry and Al and Josh step up even more in their role as team leaders. I can't say I'm not happy that Joe won't be out there to stink up the joint and get dominated by Wade on Saturday. And for those of you who expect Joe to bes "fresh" for the rest of the season/ playoffs, PLEASE!!!! I guess you all will just believe his built-in excuse that he has to "get back adjusted" and "work his way back into the flow" after he comes back and shoots 38% over his first 6 games back. Suckers.

Damn I can't take anymore of this guy, and now we're stuck with him. All my hopes for this franchise laid with them moving him and bringing in a real star with respectable heart and athleticism or maybe the two desparately needed position pieces. As much as I enjoy watching 'Mal and Al and as important as Josh is, I just can't invest myself too much into this team anymore knowing that our most valuable bargaining chip is damaged goods with an injury (plural with his foot, hand, flu every other month) that is sure to re-occur, considerably damaging his reputation as a very durable player. But I guess the best way to sum up how much Joe and our team matters in the big scheme of things is that it's 105 minutes into the Midnight Sportscenter double-block, and not one mention of the Hawks or their lame "superstar," and Rudy Gay is a highlight darling. Yeah, they could get Tim Legler to discuss how poor Joe's been and how he and the franchise should've taken care of his numerous ailments during the off-season considering protecting their investment, but again, who cares? And don't tell me the injury occured after the start of the season because no one instance was spotlighted and Joe is such a low-impact player. He doesn't take any contact that he can't prepare and brace for with his slow back-downs or slow, tip-toe semi-fast breaks. Defensively, one of the few areas that I praise him for, has been spotty at best, so to say he was injured on that end is weak. Also, don't blame Woody for overplaying Joe and having it catch up to him now. Lame cop-out. It took every bit of those 37-40 minutes that he played under Woody to post all of his inflated, hollow stats to get him the accolades to get his unholy contract, so can it.

Somebody please pinch me so I can wake up back in early July where the Hawks sign-and-trade Joe for something efficient, reliable, healthy, valuable, intense, athletic, entertaining, I could go on and on....

Again, I fully expect Al, Josh, 'Mal, and even Messy Marvin who has shined in an incresed role with Joe out before, to step up for the next month, but I'm certainly not happy with an increased Mo Evans or Mike Bibby role for that matter. Our PG's have to get the ball moving now without Joe dribbling in place 8 times, and push the tempo more because Mo and I'm sure Jordan are much better runners and finishers on the break than Joe. As good of a passing 2 that Joe is, Bibs should be ashamed that Joe has been leading this team in assists the past few years and operate this movement offense like a true veteran Point.

Good opening win without our "leader" lol. Let's Go Hawks. If we can finish the first quarter at 14-7 with a win over the Heat and our young guards can get some needed run in the absence of an awfully performing Mr. 120+, I'll have no qualms at all and call the first quarter mark a success with a winning percentage of 66.66666. Furthremore, The Boss will emerge as an upper-echelon star because it will take a dominant game from him over the sorry front line of the Heat, which I'm sure he'll have.

Joe-Lovers, fire your BB's at will.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Now no one except maybe the Brainless Knicks would take his contract off our hands. Joe was due for a signifigant injury in his career, so I'm not surprised, especially with his awful athleticism and questionable conditioning. The flu would have this dude out for a week. The Spirit Group and Sund will regret the idiotic move of signing this dude to a monster contract as long as they live. Hopefully we can have a good mix of chemistry and Al and Josh step up even more in their role as team leaders. I can't say I'm not happy that Joe won't be out there to stink up the joint and get dominated by Wade on Saturday. And for those of you who expect Joe to bes "fresh" for the rest of the season/ playoffs, PLEASE!!!! I guess you all will just believe his built-in excuse that he has to "get back adjusted" and "work his way back into the flow" after he comes back and shoots 38% over his first 6 games back. Suckers.

Damn I can't take anymore of this guy, and now we're stuck with him. All my hopes for this franchise laid with them moving him and bringing in a real star with respectable heart and athleticism or maybe the two desparately needed position pieces. As much as I enjoy watching 'Mal and Al and as important as Josh is, I just can't invest myself too much into this team anymore knowing that our most valuable bargaining chip is damaged goods with an injury (plural with his foot, hand, flu every other month) that is sure to re-occur, considerably damaging his reputation as a very durable player. But I guess the best way to sum up how much Joe and our team matters in the big scheme of things is that it's 105 minutes into the Midnight Sportscenter double-block, and not one mention of the Hawks or their lame "superstar," and Rudy Gay is a highlight darling. Yeah, they could get Tim Legler to discuss how poor Joe's been and how he and the franchise should've taken care of his numerous ailments during the off-season considering protecting their investment, but again, who cares? And don't tell me the injury occured after the start of the season because no one instance was spotlighted and Joe is such a low-impact player. He doesn't take any contact that he can't prepare and brace for with his slow back-downs or slow, tip-toe semi-fast breaks. Defensively, one of the few areas that I praise him for, has been spotty at best, so to say he was injured on that end is weak. Also, don't blame Woody for overplaying Joe and having it catch up to him now. Lame cop-out. It took every bit of those 37-40 minutes that he played under Woody to post all of his inflated, hollow stats to get him the accolades to get his unholy contract, so can it.

Somebody please pinch me so I can wake up back in early July where the Hawks sign-and-trade Joe for something efficient, reliable, healthy, valuable, intense, athletic, entertaining, I could go on and on....

Again, I fully expect Al, Josh, 'Mal, and even Messy Marvin who has shined in an incresed role with Joe out before, to step up for the next month, but I'm certainly not happy with an increased Mo Evans or Mike Bibby role for that matter. Our PG's have to get the ball moving now without Joe dribbling in place 8 times, and push the tempo more because Mo and I'm sure Jordan are much better runners and finishers on the break than Joe. As good of a passing 2 that Joe is, Bibs should be ashamed that Joe has been leading this team in assists the past few years and operate this movement offense like a true veteran Point.

Good opening win without our "leader" lol. Let's Go Hawks. If we can finish the first quarter at 14-7 with a win over the Heat and our young guards can get some needed run in the absence of an awfully performing Mr. 120+, I'll have no qualms at all and call the first quarter mark a success with a winning percentage of 66.66666. Furthremore, The Boss will emerge as an upper-echelon star because it will take a dominant game from him over the sorry front line of the Heat, which I'm sure he'll have.

Joe-Lovers, fire your BB's at will.

So who exactly is this real star that was on his way to Atlanta again :question: ? Your the reason executives don't listen to fans, well because that's what they are fans. Let the people who understand the sport and the state of the team do the hard thinking buddy even if you don't like their decisions. with Joe, playoff team that needs to get over hill without him, bottom feeders and team winds up in Canada somewhere. no "real star" as you say was coming to Atlanta take that fantasy out your head. :slap1:

• Like 3

So you were dogging JJ about his horrible performace, suggesting that maybe he was making excuses for his poor play. Now that we know there was a legit excuse for his poor play, you dog him because he dared to get hurt.

JJ has been one of the most durable players in the league but he is to be blamed because he got hurt?

With JJ out I thought you might actually post something about THE TEAM for a change instead of the usual JJ bashing. I guess i gave you more credit than you deserve.

• Premium Member

I know you hate to think this... but what if Joe's early slump was all about his elbow?

I know you hate to think this... but what if Joe hurt his elbow in the playoffs and that was the reason for his bad play after game 3 of the Milwaukee series?

I know you hate to think this... but what if Joe comes back and he's in better than Allstar form?

I know you hate to think this... but what if our team builds unity and stays afloat while Joe is out and Joe comes back to compliment our other players?

I know you hate to think this but what if Joe finally taking the time off to get healed is really what this team needs?

I know you hate to think this... but what if we get to the ECF when Joe returns?

I know you hate to think this... but what if we win the ECF to get to the Finals?

I know you hate to think this... but what if we're really good?

What THEN?

• Like 1

Now no one except maybe the Brainless Knicks would take his contract off our hands. Joe was due for a signifigant injury in his career, so I'm not surprised, especially with his awful athleticism and questionable conditioning. The flu would have this dude out for a week.

I stopped reading here.

JJ is easily in the best condition of any Hawk. His mile time was the best on the entire roster by far. Not even young babies like Teague or JC2 were in good enough shape to run with JJ.

"Joe was due for a significant injury." What kind of logic is that ?

• Like 1

Your post became a joke at 'questionable conditioning'. So your feeling is he should have been working his elbow out a little more?

Agreed. JJ keeps his body in tip top shape. And btw, it takes time to get adjusted to playing without the ball in your hands. Look at Lebron and Wade in Miami. Players that have ALWAYS dominated the ball on offense have to adjust. You need to calm down man. Not to mention he was still our best man on man defender with a freakin catchers mit on his hand. Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

What a horrible post. Joe has been one of the healthiest players in the NBA for several seasons now. He got wore out in the regular season year after year by Woody and never complained about it. He finally has a legit injury and you want to dogpile on the guy? Please. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

• Premium Member

As far as the injury timeline, during his interview he said that his elbow has been bothering him since last season. It has been an on and off thing so he, or the team, never took it too seriously. He said that everybody was shocked that he had to have surgery. I'm glad they are getting this problem fixed and we can see better play from a healthy Joe Johnson soon.

I stopped reading here.

JJ is easily in the best condition of any Hawk. His mile time was the best on the entire roster by far. Not even young babies like Teague or JC2 were in good enough shape to run with JJ.

"Joe was due for a significant injury." What kind of logic is that ?

What was his mile time?

Yeah there is no logic in his post at all. Bottom line........

HATERS GONNA HATE

Athletes can never win.

If they get hurt and take time off, they should "play through the pain."

If they play through the pain and don't play as well, they get dogged.

If they play through and are determined and don't tell anyone.........try to make a go

Well s***. I say all this having no real idea what's wrong with his elbow, other than I'm glad that this came out the beginning of December instead of mid-April.

What a horrible post. Joe has been one of the healthiest players in the NBA for several seasons now. He got wore out in the regular season year after year by Woody and never complained about it. He finally has a legit injury and you want to dogpile on the guy? Please. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

A bit OT but did anybody see the locker room interview of CrawSr by Jerome Jurenovich

last night? It started out with the typical stuff - good win, everybody stepping up with JJ out, all the standard stuff. At the end Jerome says (to paraphrase):

'Well I see you've got ice on your knees and on your back...you're all banged up (smiling, meaning well)'

Craw gave him a sergious glare like 'why are you saying this stuff man - your hurting my free agent value!' :laugh:

I don't like the Hawks being trapped with Joe's contract any more than you do, but you take the bashing way too far.

That said, I'm not upset he's going to be out 4-6 weeks. Even if it doesn't help him later in the season, it should help our bench and Marvin. Maybe Teague or Jordan will earn LD's trust during this stretch. It may even trigger a trade if we're really lucky. I'm not going to hold my breath on that, though.