• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks begun preliminary talks for Carmelo Anthony

Joker

• Moderators

Sure, but if the Nuggets said "No deal unless we get Horford", would you give up Melo to keep Al?

As you may expect from my posts on this thread, I wouldn't without getting Nene as well.IMO, we can't go to a team of all jump shooters - especially when they aren't great jump shooters. Bear in mind that Carmelo shoots 63% jumpers at a .401 efg% this season and it isn't like that is some sort of exception. Last year he shot .410 efg% on jumpers and the year before he shot only .417 efg% on jumpers. He isn't that great a jump shooter. By way of reference, JJ is shooting at a .429% efg% on jumpers even with his significant slump this season. Edited by AHF

Melo is the perfect fit for this team. Why? Because it takes the pressure off of Joe to be a "superstar". A Melo+Joe combintion would be amazing, while keeping Al at the C/PF position. I'd easily give Josh up for Melo.... sorry.

• Admin

Thanks. After you have your life and your wife's life threatened over a sports site it kinda puts things in a different perspective on how much seriously one should take things on the internet. I'll just let things flow off my back from this point on.

??? What happened?

Melo is the perfect fit for this team. Why? Because it takes the pressure off of Joe to be a "superstar". A Melo+Joe combintion would be amazing, while keeping Al at the C/PF position. I'd easily give Josh up for Melo.... sorry.

He would be a great fit next to Joe but it still doesn't answer our true needs. We need a post presense (center) and a point guard that can defend and distribute.

• Admin

Okay, I'll admit I haven't paid much attention to the Hawks this year. I've been watching football, and I'm still a bit upset about the JJ contract. So, I"ll fully admit that you guys all know more about the team than I do.That being said.......I'm not sure I would mind losing Al for Carmelo.(ducks flying objects)Just hear me out!With "the core", we're well on our way to getting swept in Round 2 again. Nobody wants that, so we need some type of change. If we lose Al but pick up Melo, we've now got:1.) The Star - Carmelo2.) The Robin - JJ3.) The Rodman - SmithUnless we're different than what I remember last year, Horford is a better offensive threat, probably better all around player, but Smith is our defense/dirty work/enforcer. If we pick up Melo, having that piece seems like maybe it'd be more important.Or am I wrong? I'll readily admit that I haven't watched much of the Hawks this year. Sorry for the ignorant post!

Smith is a better weak side/help defender but he is not a better defender then Horford. That being said I would not give Horford for Melo. Take out the marketing side of things (because that is what Melo would bring)...Horford is a better player and more important to our team then Melo

• Premium Member

??? What happened?

Not to bring up the whole deal again but a few years ago I had sources inside the team thanks in part to being friends with jaywalker. I rehashed most of what was told to me here on this site and some posters were (and I understand totally why) not convinced I was being honest. Some of those people were extremely angry and rude and a handful of them took it private. I got private messages that threatened my life, threatened to rape and kill my wife, then one guy must have done an IP trace because he gave me my home address and a google map of my house. The guy that used to run this place did absolutely nothing to stop those people so I simply left the site unannounced except for a few people I trusted to let them know in private I was leaving. I came back when Dolfan assured me nothing like that would ever happen again and he's right. This place is literally night and day from the personal attacks and beatdowns that used to take place here. I'm back now without any "sources" so hopefully there won't be any repeats of that crap from years ago.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Just a little friendly editing....

lol +1 sir. I think someone who threatens to rape your wife, kill her then kill you is more than just a "big fan". :tongue:

That behavior was shameful and will not be repeated on this site.

Yep, makes me smile when I think back on it now. Very, very glad that this site is seriously run and moderated versus the absolute freak show it could be back then.

lol +1 sir. I think someone who threatens to rape your wife, kill her then kill you is more than just a "big fan". :tongue:Yep, makes me smile when I think back on it now. Very, very glad that this site is seriously run and moderated versus the absolute freak show it could be back then.

The threats are crazy. I hate that happened :thumbsdownsmileyanim: . But Ron, I did miss bashing you . :rolleyes:

• Premium Member

lol +1 sir. I think someone who threatens to rape your wife, kill her then kill you is more than just a "big fan". :tongue:Yep, makes me smile when I think back on it now. Very, very glad that this site is seriously run and moderated versus the absolute freak show it could be back then.

A lot of that was jealousy as well. Posters were asking you for inside info and I think certain others were envious of that. I'm still surprised how a person could make serious threats over something as relatively trivial as basketball rumors. :cant believe:

• Moderators

Yep, makes me smile when I think back on it now.

The most incredible thing was that people were still bashing (and worse) even after Jay Walker came on this site and backed up what Sothron was saying. If anyone doesn't find Jay credible on the Hawks, I have a hard time taking them seriously.

• Premium Member

The most incredible thing was that people were still bashing (and worse) even after Jay Walker came on this site and backed up what Sothron was saying. If anyone doesn't find Jay credible on the Hawks, I have a hard time taking them seriously.

Yes, honestly, that was when a few people here kinda lost all credibility to me when Jay Walker backed me up and they still didn't believe it. Its impossible to claim you don't have a personal agenda at that point. But hey, that was then, this is now. I don't have any bad feelings. The worst ones don't even post here anymore which reinforces my belief some of them were what I said then were just duplicate troll accounts.

I apologize if this question has already been answered but I keep reading about the Hawks trying to obtain Carmello Anthony (and, some of the posts even mention that the Hawks might even be discussing a possible deal with Denver) but the articles I keep reading mention 3 or 4 other teams (Knicks, Nets, Bulls, etc) but I haven't seen any that mention the Hawks. I know I don't see all the Carmello Anthony articles so there might very well be some that do discuss the Hawks but can anyone confirm that the Hawks actually have any chance of making a deal for him or is that just a pipe dream? And, I am probably in the minority but I would like to see the Hawks consider signing Jason Williams. I am probably wrong again but from the little I remember Williams he had elite ball handling skills which I would think could be very useful to help get the ball to Horford and Smith down low in the post. I also thought that Williams had a pretty decent outside shot even though I don't remember him being a big time scorer. I do think he could be a better option at the PG position than the other options the Hawks have right now.

2 words: PIPE DREAM!! :helpsmilie:And Jason Williams stop being good when he dropped the showboat/White Chocolate days behind him. he actually would be a bit of a downgrade from Bibby. At least Bibby can make open 3's and is a decent pick n pop Point. Jason Williams can't shoot like that and his defense is not noteworthy.

Edited by HawkFoLife

• Moderators

The Hawks were mentioned in an article in one of the Melo threads on this page. I seriously doubt he is a realistic possibility but I'm going to merge this with another of the several threads already on this topic.

I apologize if this question has already been answered but I keep reading about the Hawks trying to obtain Carmello Anthony (and, some of the posts even mention that the Hawks might even be discussing a possible deal with Denver) but the articles I keep reading mention 3 or 4 other teams (Knicks, Nets, Bulls, etc) but I haven't seen any that mention the Hawks.

See the first post on this thread.