• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks begun preliminary talks for Carmelo Anthony

Joker

Source newsday in New York. It said that the Hawks and Blazers are in talks for Melo. Original Link Blog LinkOpinions?

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Its good to see we are looking at improving the team. Melo would be a great pickup but center or pg are our real needs. Getting Melo still won't put us over the top although he and JJ would be an amazing duo.

Melo(ext.)/Nene or Melo(ext.)/Billups

It makes me happy that Sund is on the phone seeing what is happening around the league but I don't want Anthony without a promise to resign (not that his "word" is worth much anyway.)

BUT....if we could get Billups as part of a 3 way or Anthony without giving up much, then hell ya !

Right now Curry is the guy on the trade block that I want the most. He is young and has great attitude and character (which can't be coached). He and Horford would be two great building blocks and leaders for this franchise. Not to mention Curry would be a RFA in 2 years.................no risk there compared to a UFA like Melo.

This year Anthony's head is in the clouds....just like Lebron's was last year during the playoffs when he lost all focus with the Cavs. Anthony is just a young man. Mortality will make it difficult for him to focus on the playoffs when all his wife can think about is moving to NY and condo shopping in Manhattan. B/c of that I don't want him without an extension.

Can you imagine what would be going through Melo's head if the Hawks and Knicks meet up in the #4 / #5 matchup ? The guys would be 1 confused little puppy.

Melo claims he would never do to Denver what Bron did to Cleveland. However, I think he already has. No one wants to give up much for Melo b/c of his unwillingness to sign an extension and his love affair with the Knicks. This is making him very hard to trade for much value due to the risk of him pulling a "Bron" and leaving a team and GM with egg on their face.

Edited by coachx

It makes me happy that Sund is on the phone seeing what is happening around the league but I don't want Anthony without a promise to resign (not that his "word is worth much anyway.)BUT....if we could get Billups as part of a 3 way or Anthony without giving up then hell ya !Right now Curry is the guy on the trade block that I want the most. He is young and has great attitude and character (which can't be coached). He and Horford would be two great building blocks and leaders for this franchise.This year Anthony's head is in the clouds....just like Lebron's was last year during the playoffs when he lost all focus with the Cavs. Anthony is just a young man. Mortality will make it difficult for him to focus on the playoffs when all his wife can think about is moving to NY and condo shopping in Manhattan. B/c of that I don't want him without an extension.

His wife's family lives in Atlanta, his favorite city is Atlanta. His wife went to HS and just started her career here and this is Atlanta. Anything is Possible. Who knows, especially we can get Nene and/or Billups. Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Sounds like we're still an after-thought... which, though, is more than no thought at all.I do think if Melo came here, he'd be very tempted to re-up and stay, assuming we could keep a pretty decent core in spite of the trade. But like cap and coachx seem to indicate, when Sund calls me to ask what I think :cool: , I'll have to tell him that Melo's pretty far down my shopping list regardless.

His wife's family lives in Atlanta, his favorite city is Atlanta. His wife went to HS and just started her career here and this is Atlanta. Anything is Possible. Who knows, especially we can get Nene and/or Billups.

Any links for this ?Melo's favorite city is Atlanta ?His wife works here right now ? I'm shocked she works with all the money he makes. What does she do ? I hope these things are true. It would be great if a top 10 player would want to sign an extension with ATL. He isn't the ideal fit but top 10 talent is top 10 talent....especially in their prime years. Edited by coachx

This will be an interesting few weeks. I know there are some good scorers availabe. Rip Hamilton is available and might probably be gotten for next to nothing. If we could land Rip without losing Crawford, that would give us a deadly duo coming off of the bench.

Any links for this ?

Melo's favorite city is Atlanta ?

His wife works here right now ? I'm shocked she works with all the money he makes. What does she do ?

I hope these things are true. It would be great if a top 10 player would want to sign an extension with ATL. He isn't the ideal fit but top 10 talent is top 10 talent....especially in their prime years.

Melo's favorite city is Atlanta ?

Melo's favorite city

His wife works here right now ? I'm shocked she works with all the money he makes. What does she do ?

Lala's wiki talks about it

I don't know what she does now.

He's a great fit at SF, with Joe at SG, Horford at PF, Bibby or Billups at PG, and Collins, Birdman, or Nene at C. Harrington will probably get traded to Atlanta as well. That team could contend in the East.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 2

This will be an interesting few weeks. I know there are some good scorers availabe. Rip Hamilton is available and might probably be gotten for next to nothing. If we could land Rip without losing Crawford, that would give us a deadly duo coming off of the bench.

rip would be a good addition, would fit really well w/ motion defense. We've been needing someone that can move well w/o the ball.

Melo's favorite city

Lala's wiki talks about it

I don't know what she does now.

He's a great fit at SF, with Joe at SG, Horford at PF, Bibby or Billups at PG, and Collins, Birdman, or Nene at C. Harrington will probably get traded to Atlanta as well. That team could contend in the East.

CAN WE GET USE TO THIS!!!!!!!!? :Nail Biting:

Posted Image

Any links for this ?Melo's favorite city is Atlanta ?His wife works here right now ? I'm shocked she works with all the money he makes. What does she do ? I hope these things are true. It would be great if a top 10 player would want to sign an extension with ATL. He isn't the ideal fit but top 10 talent is top 10 talent....especially in their prime years.

yeah this would obviously be a great pickup for the hawks getting melo.....didnt know ATL was his fav city! thats a good thing if true!

Am I The only one who saw this or am i missing something...?"Before anyone starts to blow up my twitter page, I HAVE NOT been told about any trades involving the #Hawks. #goodnight" By: @AtWhoDatHe Tweeted that after the Bobcats Game and i thought when i got home their was going to be a trade rumor involving the hawks but their was nothing.....So Could this be what he was talking about?