• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will you be hoping that Brooklyn fails?

Diesel

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Now that Joe is part of a megasquad in Brooklyn, do you hope that they fail? Will you be rooting against them in the playoffs? IF they make it to the finals, are you automatically going with the West team?If Joe Johnson wins a championship one year removed from being a Hawk, does that say that our organization sucks?

The NBA megasquads are OKC, LAL and MIA. Brook might fall into the the 2nd tier with their present team. Don't care whether they fail or not; just as to how it impacts the Hawks.JJ as a net is not JJ as a Hawk. Better to base the Hawks organisation on what the Hawks do.Brook is just a different team than the Hawks even with JJ in common. Time for Smith, Horf and Ferry to man up though.

• Moderators

I hope all teams fail but the Hawks. But I'd rather see Brooklyn in the finals than the heat, lakers, or celtics. Right now, they need to concern themselves with making the playoffs. Its a great backcourt but someone has to defend, rebound, defend the paint. I'll pull for Joe against most other teams in the league but the Hawks.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I have no issue with Joe. I wish him the best of luck vs. the other 28 teams in the NBA. I hope he flourishes next to DW8 and with MB backing him up. I think the Nets are going to be a very interesting team and I wish them the best. I think they'll get Miami in the 2nd round and be out in 6. If Joe wins a title his first year out of Atlanta, it'll only prove what I have been saying - That Joe is the #1 # 2 option in the league.

iI voted yes , because I'm a Hawks fan.I don't give a crap about the success any other team.I don't care what JJ or Marvin or, Jason Terry or any other former Hawks player teams does.It does matter their gone.I worry about current Hawks.I don't think about the Nets now, anymore than I did Six months ago.Just another team to beat.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I always wish my former Hawks good luck - unless they're playing us of course. JJ is no exception. He gave us some great memories and much hope. I also can't be mad at Brooklyn...for the love of God, they took that contract off of us! Love JJ and wish him nothing short of a championship ring (unless he's in our way of course), but I'd be lying if I sat here and said that I wasn't happy about losing his contract....on a side note, I'm really pulling for JJ because I despise haters. I want people to see who Joe Johnson really is. Joe is what he is - which isn't Kobe, LeBron, or Wade. However, he is far from "scrub" status and it just irks me the way people continually overlook him. Joe's biggest problem was being put in the #1 position on our team. His 2nd biggest problem was the lack of support (and no, a bunch of streaky jumpshooters + josh is not good support). I want to see people's faces when they realize who we had and WHY it didn't work for us.

• Moderators

I hope all teams fail but the Hawks.

This is my thought as well. Do I hope Miami fails? Yes. Do I hope Boston fails? Yes. Do I hope NY fails? Yes. Do I hope NJ Brooklyn fails? Yes.... Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

They've already had a major fail. They were Dwight's top choice, he was their top priority, yet it didn't happen because they're picking up Joe's max. Dwight goes West. Ingenious yet quite simple move by Ferry. As presently constituted, they're a good second round out at best, like we were for years. No need to root against them.

• Like 1

• Moderators

i have a question are we pulling for the rockets to fail or do good because of the protected pick

I think we want them to do like the Pacers with that Al Harrington pick - do just well enough to convey the pick to us but not so well that the pick falls back in the draft.

• Premium Member

The NBA megasquads are OKC, LAL and MIA. Brook might fall into the the 2nd tier with their present team. Don't care whether they fail or not; just as to how it impacts the Hawks. JJ as a net is not JJ as a Hawk. Better to base the Hawks organisation on what the Hawks do. Brook is just a different team than the Hawks even with JJ in common. Time for Smith, Horf and Ferry to man up though.

So was Dominique just a Clipper? Was Smitty Just a Spur? I disagree that you disown a player who carried the mantle for your team for many years because he was traded. JJ was a six time allstar as a Hawk. When Nobody cared about the Hawks, he came to us and carried our mantle.
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

They've already had a major fail. They were Dwight's top choice, he was their top priority, yet it didn't happen because they're picking up Joe's max. Dwight goes West. Ingenious yet quite simple move by Ferry. As presently constituted, they're a good second round out at best, like we were for years. No need to root against them.

After Dwight signed the opt-in which was before the FAcy period, all that Brooklyn could do was trade for Dwight. So they (like us) were sitting under the will of Orlando. Them picking up Joe had nothing to do with the fail of getting D-12.

• Moderators

After Dwight signed the opt-in which was before the FAcy period, all that Brooklyn could do was trade for Dwight. So they (like us) were sitting under the will of Orlando. Them picking up Joe had nothing to do with the fail of getting D-12.

The biggest decision leading to the failure to get Dwight was the decision to trade their lottery pick last season for a rental of Gerald Wallace.

• Moderators

A better question would be: "Will you be hoping that the Lakers fail?" The Nets are not a championship team as of now.

Even better, "Will anyone not be hoping that the Lakers fail other than Lakers fans?"
  • Like 1

First, I hope any team in the East fails that's not the Hawks. If the ECF comes down between Miami and Brooklyn, of course I would want Brooklyn to win. After all they sure did take Joe's contract LOL! I don't see where you are going with this question. "If Joe Johnson gets a championship with Brooklyn, does that mean our Organization sucks?" - Like I said, we COULD NOT get D Will or any other elite talent to help Joe out here (contract). I can't believe all of these topics from all the Joe lovers. Yall are officially insane.

Edited by AHawks89