• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pacers GAME 1

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

A loss is a loss. We beat Boston game one last year...We know what we got to do now. They scored a quarter worth of points at the free throw line. Josh needs to grow up though. His lack of effort and stupid play must stop. The odds of it happening are slim, but if he wants money he has to have some type of self realization moment. Watch the tape man, you are killing us!

This was a really bad one, just Teague, Horford and Ivan came to play, the rest were just awful!!! We got outrebonded and did not have an answer for George and Hibbert, we need to completely change our wing rotation, everyone need to be out except Jenkins and perhaps Korver, we need a starting SG and SF and we need someone at C, we need a defensive center.

Can anyone explain me why Horford just played 28 min?

1. we got no calls in the paint

2. if kover isnt hitting he is useless

3. Drew sucks ! Dontay Jones ?? he couldn't do any worse

4 Ivan was our MVP

5. Mack is pretty good well he's not terrible

6. can't believe i'msaying this but play petro more

7.on D i would say stay home on shooters id rather give up a 2 instead of a 3

8. a lot of unforced turnovers

and LAST I love JOSH with all my heart but he needs to go!!! no hustle i don't think he fought for 1 rebound

posted up maybe twice the only emotion he showed was crying to the refs

• Like 1

Who would have guessed a few years ago that Teague would be a stronger playoff performer than Joe, Josh, or Horford? Our All Stars and "shoulda been All Stars" are the worst. Josh has to go. There is no other option at this point. For some reason I thought Josh could actually come out and do something good during the last showcase before his big summer, but he took about 5 jumpers within the first 6 minutes. If I had my way Ivan would get 35+ minutes the rest of the series. And Horford wasn't much better. He got schooled by freaking Tyler Hansbrough with the game on the line and didn't make much of an impact outside of those 4 or 5 dunks in the 2nd quarter. Step up and be a leader. The team should never be playing better with Petro out there in your place.

I don't place much importance on the outcome of this series, but this Pacers team is certainly beatable. It was only an 8 point game in the 4th when they had about 25 more free throws made. Don't go out like punks, that's all I ask.

I didn't realize Zaza got 14 rebounds in each of the games we defeated them this year. That's the difference, folks. That, and George being more versatile than any player we have and Hansborough just punking us on the glass, both of which are no surprise. I'm officially counting down the days till Josh is gone and is replaced by a True Big who actually plays for his team and possess a respectable BBIQ. Each day he's still here after FA starts is a day off of my lifespan. Lets Go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

We're going to have to get rid of Josh and get a better player and add some quality role players to the team.

I know people like Al... But against good teams he is 15/9 and he can be Karl Malone (20-23/12) against mediocre to bad teams. That's the way it is.

Devin and Kyle starting at the 2 and 3 spots will not cut it in the playoffs.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

Lotta calls against us by refs but no excuses we played with no playoff energy. I'm surprised Dahntay was inserted to cover Paul George. I'm looking for that in the next game for sure. Just one game guys. The way we played we should have lost by 25+ Having lost by only 17 makes me think we can hang with them in this series.

• Premium Member

A loss is a loss. We beat Boston game one last year...We know what we got to do now. They scored a quarter worth of points at the free throw line. Josh needs to grow up though. His lack of effort and stupid play must stop. The odds of it happening are slim, but if he wants money he has to have some type of self realization moment. Watch the tape man, you are killing us!

Would'nt surprise me if Josh has certain guarantee(s) for next season and has checked out on this season. I've suspected that since the trade deadline.

• Premium Member

What's sad to see is Paul Georgia getting superstar treatment: 3-13 for 23 points. Not blaming the refs for the sorry play from 98% of our players (only players who played well were Horford and I van. Teague didn't play to bad, but when he was starting to catch fire, LD took him out), but refs taking us out of the game early hurt us. Missing the very FTs we had was also huge. Zaza would have been huge for us, but unfortunately we can not rely on him to get the rebounds. I say we start with Teague, Harris, Smoove, Ivan, & Horford. Put Korver in when George is out.

If Josh is going to play like a 3 you might as well put him there. I'm good with that lineup. Having either Korver or Harris on the bench helps our depth.People keep talking about Zaza but he has been MIA since the end of last season. He has dropped in for a couple nice games, but I'm surprised that him being out is a surprise to everyone.

• Premium Member

I am not going to be sad to see Josh leave...I won't miss his jumpers, his lack of boxing out or his overrated defense...however I will miss his underrated post game and passing. I hope we get something of value for him in a sign and trade but I think it is time that we part ways.

We will get something of value. Cap Space! There are some of us who think Mr. Space is a great player.

• Premium Member

Refs didn't help. Had they called a fair game, the Hawks could have hit maybe 5 or 6 of 18 extra free throws attempts.

Paul George received the LeBron/Kobe/Rose treatment. Bailed out every single time he was barely touched. Hate to watch games like this.

Josh... don't get me started.

Stevenson has no legs.

Drew... Terribly incompetent.

Like I said before...

I'd still start Marvin over any of the makeshift SFs in the roster. This is the Playoffs. DEFENSE MATTERS, for crying out loud.

Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Premium Member

Who would have guessed a few years ago that Teague would be a stronger playoff performer than Joe, Josh, or Horford?

Raises hand!!! Teague proved in that Chicago series that he is a primetime player when given the green light. He just has the misfortune of playing with Josh Smith.

Our future should include Teague and Horf...

We should get some draft picks who work hard. I would parlay some trades to get us some good players. What we need is BBIQ and talent.