• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Elton Brand to ATL.

CJB

Looks to me like Brand could be an excellent replacement for Zaza at a much lower price tag.

Zaza 2012-13 vs Brand 2012-13

Per Game

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Elton Brand 2012-13 33 72 18 21.2 3.1 6.6 .473 0.0 0.0 .000 0.9 1.3 .710 1.8 4.2 6.0 1.0 0.7 1.3 0.8 2.7 7.2
2 Zaza Pachulia 2012-13 28 52 15 21.8 2.2 4.6 .473 0.0 0.1 .000 1.5 2.0 .757 2.5 3.9 6.5 1.5 0.7 0.2 1.3 2.5 5.9

Per 36 Minutes

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Elton Brand 2012-13 33 72 18 1527 5.3 11.3 .473 0.0 0.0 .000 1.6 2.2 .710 3.1 7.1 10.1 1.7 1.2 2.1 1.3 4.5 12.2
2 Zaza Pachulia 2012-13 28 52 15 1134 3.6 7.7 .473 0.0 0.1 .000 2.5 3.3 .757 4.2 6.5 10.7 2.5 1.1 0.4 2.2 4.1 9.7

Advanced

Rk Player Season Age G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
1 Elton Brand 2012-13 33 72 1527 15.2 .499 .473 9.7 21.5 15.7 7.1 1.7 4.6 9.9 17.2 105 102 1.2 2.2 3.4 .107
2 Zaza Pachulia 2012-13 28 52 1134 13.1 .534 .473 13.5 20.3 17.0 10.3 1.6 0.8 19.6 14.6 108 104 1.2 1.5 2.7 .116

Edited by DatWerkk
  • Like 1

Brand has shown he can guard every Center in this league well. That is what you want the size for right? Or do you want size for the sake of size? If that is the case Yao Ming might be able to give you 5 minutes a game.

Dalambert is a not a better post defender than Brand. But he is taller. Who cares how tall you are if you can't stop the guy from scoring?

I think Dalembert is equal defender, besides he can try to stop guys like Hibbert, Howard... Brand will not be able to hold the position against them. Right now we have no answer for them, not saying Zaza was the answer, in fact as I already explained I think Brand is much better, at least defensively but we need someone that can stay in front of big centers.

Edited by gurpilo

I think Dalembert is equal defender, besides he can try to stop guys like Hibbert, Howard... Brand will not be able to hold the position against them. Right now we have no answer for them, not saying Zaza was the answer, in fact as I already explained I think Brand is much better, at least defensively but we need someone that can stay in front of big centers.

Brand can hold his position against anyone in the league.

• Like 1

This just in:

Wouldn't that have been awesome if Danny decided to make this move because C-Viv was in the air for a flight? I like to think that.

• Moderators

#eventhehawks LOL

Yahoo: "Brand could have nestled in with a number of championship-worthy teams, but instead he’s decided to rock off to the Atlanta Hawks..."

~lw3

• Premium Member

Well it was nice knowing you. You'll probably have a lot less stress being a fan of the Thunder or Heat.

I have been a loyal fan of all Georgia based teams my entire life. Just because I have no hope the Hawks will ever win a title does not mean I have stopped being a fan.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

At this point Brand is actually a decent pickup for the Hawks, he can still play a little under the basket. I have disagreed with DF on the direction he took for the offseason, but that is water under the bridge. The one thing I have noticed with Millsap and Brand is that they are low post players, which we have had none over the years. ZaZa was a decent backup but he is nowhere in the class of what Brand will bring.

I would like to see Gerald Henderson come on board to fill the 2 position

It's all about analytics anyways. As long as we can show how we can win on paper that's all that matters ... right?

Its really not all about analytics. Its about putting together a competitive team one move at a time. Is Brand suppose to be our savior on a one year deal? I don't think so. But you know what?

There was a time not long ago when a player like Brand ( established vet, former all-star, who is able to provide valuable minutes off the bench ) would have scoffed at playing for us; and took his services and a one year deal to another playoff team.

Edited by Buzzard

Apology accepted but remember this: you can always take a second to pause before you hit "post" if you are insulting people. I don't know if you know this but on this site you can be suspended or banned for insulting other posters. As for what we were supposed to do? Not sign anybody is EXACTLY what we should have done. If you don't have a superstar you have no chance, none, zero, zip, zilch, of winning a title. The worst place to be is to be a team stuck in the playoffs that has no chance of winning a title but too good to lose and get a possible star player in the draft. These signings put us squarely in the playoff treadmill. Why should any Hawks fan be happy about that?

We're not stuck in anything. You just don't get it......... Not sign anybody? lol

• Premium Member
"We think it's a great opportunity for him," Falk said. "I can see him playing 4-5 more years because Elton is serious about his conditioning and, besides, he plays more with his head than his body at this point. Atlanta is a good fit and Elton will be a good veteran presence there."

This is the part that, if true, gives me some degree of comfort... notably, he's played in 88% of games the last 4 seasons.

Edited by sturt

Im starting to think Ferry plan is to just build a playoff team with as little committed salary as possible. Im sure once the new CBA came out with harsher punishments for teams in the luxury tax ASG freaked out and needed someone to come in and drop salary but remain competitive.

In the future Im guessing we are just going to keep signing Vets to 1-2 year deals so we can remain competitive without any long term deals.

I dont see us doing anything else for the next couple of seasons.

I have been a loyal fan of all Georgia based teams my entire life. Just because I have no hope the Hawks will ever win a title does not mean I have stopped being a fan.

If you are this upset that you make Hotlanta sound like a grief counselor compared to you then what's the point? I don't want to lose you as a fan but I just don't get being so unhappy with the Hawks as a team and ownership group that you'd want to be a fan.

• Like 2

Yep. Us having that cap space would be great if quality players wanted to come here.

CP3 was considering the Hawks before they traded for Doc. And Dwight has ALWAYS said he didn't want to play for his hometown. AND HES NOT THE ONLY NBA PLAYER THAT FEELS THIS WAY. I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT. But schwateva......... Edited by terrell