• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Philly trying to steal our assistants

GameTime

Wait, what? If Atlanta is okay with it then...okay, I guess. Still seems odd given the Hawks just hired Snyder and he's coaching our summer league team.

Edited by ATLSmith

I don't think we are allowed to deny them if it's for a promotion. I know it's that way in the NFL but not sure about the NBA. Either way it wouldn't be right for us to say no if it's for a promotion for those guys. I hope we don't lose either of them though.

• Like 1

That's very awkward! We just got Snyder and this whole coaching staff is basically new. Not understanding this one

We hired Snyder as an assistant .Philly wants to interview him for their Head Coach job.Ferry is good friends with Snyder and wouldn't deny him a chance at career advancement .

Well Philly is tanking so I think they want a coach with the least amount of pro experience. I have a feeling Philly gets Wiggins. Not sure why but I have a gut feeling.

Well Philly is tanking so I think they want a coach with the least amount of pro experience. I have a feeling Philly gets Wiggins. Not sure why but I have a gut feeling.

I've got that feeling too. I think it's because that team is absolutely terrible. They have one starter level player in Thaddeus Young. Hawes would look nice in a Hawks uni though as a stopgap C.

• Premium Member

Someone I read this morning suggested that this is a growing trend... teams taking advantage of their head coaching search to interview assistants of their competition to pick their brains for insights they might find beneficial later.