• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Disappointed....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm disappointed in the crowd. No Blue out, No White out. NO Red out. NO Terruble towels (Barkley). NO arrive on time.. not one thing.

I was looking for the Phill to be like 2008 vs. the Celtics crowd and what I got was a blue vs. Red scrimmage game crowd!

Game 4, we got to do better!!!

• Like 3

I'm sure it will be whatever color out crowd for game 4! That's going to be the biggest game this season! It is a MUST win! We survived another night of bad shooting and the hawks have yet to have their best offense performance....it's coming!

• Moderators

Oh, we won't ever get the Celtics crowd unless the Celtics are here and feeling all anointed and stuff. That crowd is made up of three types. People who LOVE the Celtics. People who HATE the Celtics. And us Squawkers. Not quite enough to despise about this bunch of Pacers to get even a sellout crowd riled up.

I'm gonna try to do my part in Game 4!

~lw3

I did think it was sort of, um ... interesting that all of the other playoff games I've seen, the home team seemed to spring for t-shirts for the crowd ...

Except for the Hawks and A$G.

I'm watching the OKC v GS game now and all I see is yellow. Tonight's game looked like a packed house, but not like a playoff game IMHO.

I'm not some mega-A$G hater or anything and certainly don't call them out for being cheap all the time, but with all of this talk about raising spirits about the Hawks in ATL and getting people more excited about the team, wouldn't you want to spring for a load of t-shirts (at least for the lower bowl) for the nationally televised playoffs?

If I were the GM, I'd think real hard about that.

Go HAWKS!

Let's not invent ways to take away from what's happening here. A quote from Peachtree Hoops article 'The Job is Only Half Done': "The crowd was also huge in Game Three, with Kyle Korver calling it the best he's seen as a Hawk." Some of y'all get so caught up in what ESPN said/didn't say about us, are overly self-critical of our home crowd, undervalue our players while overvaluing other teams', etc. It's damn near neurotic O_o

Edited by hazer
  • Like 4

Let's not invent ways to take away from what's happening here. A quote from Peachtree Hoops article 'The Job is Only Half Done': "The crowd was also huge in Game Three, with Kyle Korver calling it the best he's seen as a Hawk." Some of y'all get so caught up in what ESPN said/didn't say about us, are overly self-critical of our home crowd, undervalue our players while overvaluing other teams', etc. It's damn near neurotic O_o

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'm just beating a dead horse... I haven't checked other sources online and elsewhere, but I heard a few callers on the radio postgame last night upset because it took them over an hour to get through security lines to get into the arena (although I'm guessing half of that time was really spent waiting in lines to grab some grub and brew on the way to their seats). One caller complained he got to the arena 40 minutes early and wasn't at his seat until near the end of the first quarter. Fans who thought the game started at 7:30 and arrived late could have added to the issue as well.

Anyway, hopefully the security crew can be ramped up for Game 4 and get the fans into the game more efficiently.

Go Hawks!

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3