• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry's first gamble

JTB

I'm pretty straight on Love. He's a malcontent and average defender at best. Our philosophy is opposed to superstar focal point type players. Rubio questioned his leadership. His three ball and relentless attack of the glass is worth the salary he'll get, but not all the trades and picks. I'd much rather rock with Monroe for half the compensation and address more holes.

• Like 2

I'm pretty straight on Love. He's a malcontent and average defender at best. Our philosophy is opposed to superstar focal point type players. Rubio questioned his leadership. His three ball and relentless attack of the glass is worth the salary he'll get, but not all the trades and picks. I'd much rather rock with Monroe for half the compensation and address more holes.

The only way I see the Pistons not matching (being Monroe is a Restricted Free Agent) is if we max out his contract.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'll pass. I'm a fan of Love and he's definitely a Juggernaut on my fantasy teams but I'd rather keep what we have, get Trevor Ariza and a big who can score inside and let's call it.

The only way I see the Pistons not matching (being Monroe is a Restricted Free Agent) is if we max out his contract.

Of course! He's going to get the Max regardless if it's us or someone else....that's the reason I said it will be ferrys first gamble as a hawk gm.

I can see ferry gambling on a 25 year old big that has center size, ability to score in the post, ability to grab 10 rebounds per game, ability to improve his defense with good coaching and ability to be a 17/10 guy oppose to gambling on someone like asik who is 28, has some injury problems, offensely limited, and a rebound machine.

I didn't include defense for neither one because defense is a team thing! I don't care if Monroe or Asik got 10 blocks a game if the rest of the team is allowing their man to score it means nothing!

Monroe is younger and a better gamble than asik and other avalible centers

Edited by JTB

The TWolves should pull the trigger on that so fast it would make your head spin. That is a dream scenario for them with Love having only 1 year left on his deal.

That was a Mark Texeria type of trade. Terrible all around.

I love my main man @Sothron, genius in a sense but I been telling him this for years. Love is not a game changer. He can be a tier one player but you need a lot around him to win. He is basically a lot like Melo. I think he is a great fit for the Hawks like Melo but at what cost. Too rich for my blood.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I love my main man @Sothron, genius in a sense but I been telling him this for years. Love is not a game changer. He can be a tier one player but you need a lot around him to win. He is basically a lot like Melo. I think he is a great fit for the Hawks like Melo but at what cost. Too rich for my blood.

I don't think you need that much around him actually. He is not a shot blocker. That is the only flaw in his game. You get a shotblocker around him, like the Wolves finally did when Pek was hurt and Turiaf and then Dieng started and you erase his only weakness. The only reason the Wolves didn't make the playoffs this year was due to their horrid bench and all the injuries to the starters. They still finished with a .500 or so record in the West and Love was flat out beast mode the entire season.

I repeat: I would kill to have him here. He is a hard nosed, humble guy that only wants to win. That is exactly what we want in our players. He has one weakness in his game that can easily be addressed by putting a shot blocking center next to him.

• Like 1

Minny would laugh in our faces.

One All-Star .... 2 unproven players ... and if we are good with Love, 2 low 1st round draft picks.

I don't know man. CP3 did not net a lot, neither did Harden. The Nets are really the only team that threw in the kitchen sink to get a all-star, Deron, that wanted out. I think you missed the 15th pick, which makes it three 1st, a all-star, and two former but unproven 1st.

That is to much to me.

Edited by Buzzard

I don't know man. CP3 did not net a lot, neither did Harden. The Nets are really the only team that threw in the kitchen sink to get a all-star, Deron, that wanted out. I think you missed the 15th pick, which makes it three 1st, a all-star, and two former but unproven 1st.

That is to much to me.

Yes, that trade is brutal for us. The T-Wolves would count their lucky stars for someone to be that desperate.

Boston talking about giving up a top 3 pick in the draft if they move up for the guy, which is basically Embiid, Wiggins, or Parker plus Sullinger, Olynyk, and future picks for the guy. Our offer would not be too much.

Personally I would not give up a top 3 lottery pick in this draft for Love.

• Moderators

Boston talking about giving up a top 3 pick in the draft if they move up for the guy, which is basically Embiid, Wiggins, or Parker plus Sullinger, Olynyk, and future picks for the guy. Our offer would not be too much.

Personally I would not give up a top 3 lottery pick in this draft for Love.

Boston has a 67% chance NOT to have a top 3 lottery pick. Their odds of getting the 6th or 7th pick are significantly better than getting 1, 2 or 3.

So I am saying they aren't giving up what you think they are unless they get lucky in the lottery.

• Premium Member

Minny would laugh in our faces.

One All-Star .... 2 unproven players ... and if we are good with Love, 2 low 1st round draft picks.

True they would laugh at us. Bebe is unproven and Dennis just flat out don't know how to play. This board is so high on our players that most thought Dennis would be the rookie of the year. The quickness advantage that Dennis had before coming to the NBA doesnt resonate to this level. I like Dennis but he will never be nothing more that a backup player as will Bebe.

Dennis+Bebe+Sap+15th pick+2016 1st+2018 1st for Love.

An immediate replacement who was an all star, plus 5 first round draft picks seems like a lot to me. I'd be all for getting Love though, any chance you have to bring in that caliber of player you do it. You don't get those chances every day, and he's still young.

Maybe if we made the picks lottery protected. That way if we fail to make ATL attractive enough for him to stay, then we could still go into tank mode like half the squawk have been wanting and rebuild before giving up picks to Minny.

• Moderators

Looking at the Twolves rosters since Love came in the league is like a who's who of nba disappointments and B and C level players. Al Jefferson is about the only quality guy until you get to Pekovic. Adelman kind of righted the ship but they still have a talent deficit, especially for the west.