• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks sign Thabo Sefolosha to a 3 years $12 million contract

GrimeyKidd

I was upset initially, but this is a solid pick up. Paul george ate us alive all series against the pacers. When we faced the heat, wade and bron had their way with us. How can you be upset when bradley getting 8.5 mill/per, meeks gets 20 mill over 3yrs?

He will outperform his contract as do, most of the hawks do.

• Like 1

Huh? Thabo played 26 and 27 mpg the last 2 years for the Thunder. Your boy Gordon was sitting on a couch last year while Thabo was playing big minutes for one of the best teams in the west. 

And a TON of upside? Until a week ago nobody here had ever even heard of Bazemore.  Man this cracks me up!! 

Where was Thabo in the playoffs this past season? Oh yeah that's right he was on the bench. He fell out of favor halfway thru the season last year and Brooks just benched because he sucks. He only brought good defense but that is declining as well.

Gordon is not my boy you mentioned him. He is a bum too but at least they only signed him to a 2yr deal. They overpaid as well.

• Premium Member

Hahahahahahaha. We just signed a guy who shoots better from 3 and plays as good or better defense and it will be for a lot less than what Deng will get. 

Nah... we just got a guy who ppg for the last 2 seasons added together  is not higher than Deng's ppg last year.

We just got a guy who is the duplication of DMC.

• Premium Member

It's almost, Dies, like you've got some jealousy thing going on with your boy Danny... were you a candidate for the GM job and just never clued us in?... the sniping just sounds so personal... dunno.

• Like 1

Nah...

I heard that Ferry has already got the meat... is cranking up the Smoker and will be enjoying the 4th poolside.  He's at home saying "that should do it!" about our free agency.

Riight. Well I guess we'll see you in a couple of months for preseason. 

Ferry will take the 4th off then make his big move on the 5th, exactly like he did last year with Korver on the 3rd and Millsap on the 5th.

Thabo is a good player that was in a wrong situation in OKC, in Atlanta he will have free reign to shoot the three and play as our 3-D when Carroll or whoever plays there.

This is a good signing.

I'm convinced Ecko.  So what if he had a rough shooting year last year - at least we know he CAN shoot...and he should like Bud's system.  Others have said he plays defense (always a good thing).

Main thing though - we needed a cool name for the chatroom after Zaza left.  Thabo Sefolosha...lots of stuff we can do with that yes.gif

• Like 4

Who thinks 30 year old players magically get better than their last season? Because it would take a whole fleet of Harry Potters to turn .416 and .315 into something approaching non-feces level of play.

And if my overreacting to a guy is some magic sports anti jinx then I'll be here all night long to turn all our players into gold.

Boris Diaw?

When I initially heard this on the radio I had a real ice grill frown on. I don't fault Thabo for having his worst season last year, the jury will always be out on Brooks. Just not the splash I was expecting.

Nothing wrong with wanting ample capable defenders, but I was looking for a ballhandler as well. Of course Ferry isn't done, so we have to see how it plays out, hopefully with Monroe and/ or Stephenson deals being worked out as we speak.

Thabo is gonna have his best season as a pro here and the three point percentage will surely jump f&@kin with Bud, I think that'll be worth 4 mill. Something must've jumped out and bit Ferry and Bud about his intangibles that we don't know about, because I simply wouldn't have considered dude based on ability.

Edited by benhillboy

Where was Thabo in the playoffs this past season? Oh yeah that's right he was on the bench. He fell out of favor halfway thru the season last year and Brooks just benched because he sucks. He only brought good defense but that is declining as well.

Gordon is not my boy you mentioned him. He is a bum too but at least they only signed him to a 2yr deal. They overpaid as well.

Oh yeah he was coming off of injury.  

So you're upset that we gave 1 more year to a guy who played big minutes for the 2nd best team in the West than what was given to a guy playing at the local park last season?  I mean you really, honestly think that we couldn't trade him any time we wanted after seeing the JJ and Marvin trades? 

Nah... we just got a guy who ppg for the last 2 seasons added together  is not higher than Deng's ppg last year.

We just got a guy who is the duplication of DMC.

Go look up C-Vivs Twitter and come back to me.  Then maybe, maybe, you'll understand why we needed a guy who could shoot the 3 and play D.  I'll wait. 

I'm convinced Ecko.  So what if he had a rough shooting year last year - at least we know he CAN shoot...and he should like Bud's system.  Others have said he plays defense (always a good thing).

Main thing though - we needed a cool name for the chatroom after Zaza left.  Thabo Sefolosha...lots of stuff we can do with that yes.gif

Oh no, I don't like it when DJ is happy about something. This is not good news for us folks. 

Are we at right about the same spot we were cap-wise before the Lou//Bebe deal? If so, is it fair to look at this as a swap of those two for Thabo? If so, was it worth the price of our upside first round pick last year?

Could be. Just depends on what we do. Theoretically we still have about 15 million or so we could use on a single player then come back and sign Thabo with an exception. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

My only real issue is years. He should regress to the mean in a good way with his 3pt shooting and will be a huge upgrade on D. Doesn't change our trajectory - still need a star. Is this an obstacle to getting that star? We'll see. We have collected very good role players to surround a star.

• Like 1

Hahahahahahaha. We just signed a guy who shoots better from 3 and plays as good or better defense and it will be for a lot less than what Deng will get. 

Thabo isn't half the player Deng is, let's be real for a minute, I'd rather spend the extra money on someone who is actually good then someone who is good at one thing (defense) and mediocre at the rest

He will have better chances to launch them since he dont have ISO Power team of KD and Russ the Wonder Dog(I was going to say M U T T)