• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Bulls

lethalweapon3

Just glad our very average center AL Horford was here tonight. I know there are about 20 guys that could play the all around game be played tonight, but it still feels very special to me. Silly I know.

I know its silly but I feel like Vince Vaughn called Bawse tonight and said AL your so money and AL said no Vince no your money. Probably an unnecessary exchange being he was so ho hum tonight.

• Like 1

Orlando loss or Chicago win? Winning.

This erases the sting of losing to Orlando and ending the streak. Our defensive rating keeps going up.

1. Al was Bawse that is all. Al at the top of the key with players cutting to the basket was on point. He hit Teague on a cut the was beautiful. AL GOT TO THE FREE THROW LINE.

2. Al and Do-it-Paul seem to be getting in sync. Sap needs to fix his freethrow shooting. 4 more steals for MillThief.

3. DMC struggled on offense and defense. His fast break attempts can still be a train wreck.

4. Kyle almost gave the game away but all is forgiven since he out jumped Jimmy B.

Kyle with 2 block shots, he also passed Jason Richardson fir #15 on made 3s.

5. Teague was steady. Hit big freethrows to ice game.

6. EB is such a professional - just pkays when his number is called. No frills just plays hard.

7. Baze with the Monster block and some good defense, his offense might be rounding the corner.

8. Now it's payback time for the Cavs.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Millsap can hit those three balls with someone coming at him.

Yet, standing calmly at the free throw line, what happens?

Sometimes they go in and sometimes they don't.

Great win!  As someone has already said, media will say "but!"

That's all right.  We had one out also.

Now, we gotta go to the King's castle and face the Cavs come Wednesday.

GO ATL HAWKS!!!

Horford with the J-Smoove Special on the break and then Korver...yikes. Made that a bit more exciting than it needed to be. Great win nonetheless. We got predictably killed on the boards, but Horford seemed more confident in his body than he's been all season. Got fouled a couple of times around the basket and then had a nice, quick drive that he just missed another time. We need to see more of that. 

I know people will talk about Noah being out, but I'll take Noah instead of Gibson 10 times out of 10. Gibson has always been a nightmare for us.

• Like 1

Great as always.

On another note, I saw some rough stuff happening down under the last day or two. I hope our buddy @Rick is alright. Let's start a new streak for him, alright?

I see a new streak was started!

All OK for me, I work in the suburb north of the central business district where the attack took place. Quite a few people are shaken by it, this stuff normally doesn't happen here. 

Thanks for the thoughts @hawksfanatic

• Like 1

I think ESPN may finally be waking up to our hot start.  They had some fans stay after the game for an ESPN photo shoot with Ludacris after last night's game. 

Backup SG has been our weakest rotational spot this year and it looks like Bazemore is ready to take hold of that spot.  He looks far more comfortable on offense and his defense is consistent.  Does any one have video of the two impressive blocks he had last night? Him and Thabo make one or two defensive plays per game that just seem impossible to convert.

It will be interesting to see if Thibs overplaying his players will be Chicago's downfall once again.  Can Pau continue to play 36 minutes per game?  I bet him and Deng wouldn't mind being in Atlanta right now. 

Why does anyone care about ESPN at all? I don't get why people even watch the channel. Outside of one or two shows they bury in weekend morning time slots, the content is largely useless buzzwords thrown together for hours. 

If so he only seems to be asleep on the game threads where we win.  Keep on sleeping buddy!

Actually, I predicted them to win this game also:

Dallas is beatable. They haven't beaten any of the top  teams and I'm not sure that they're better than the Hawks. I get the feeling that Dirk is starting to show his age also. Teams shoot lights out against them also. 

I think it could end up like this:

Orlando W

@Orlando L

vs. Chicago W

@ Cleveland L

@Houston L

@Dallas W

vs. Clippers W

vs. Bucks W

@Bucks L

Cleveland L

@Utah W

@Portland L

@Clippers L 

vs. Memphis L

6-8 over the next 14 games wouldn't be too bad.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/401462-why-beating-the-better-west-teams-might-be-such-a-challenge/

I'm 3 for 3 so far.sun_bespectacled.gif

It was a solid win. Winning despite getting outrebounded by 17 is pretty impressive. Hoford is really close to being himself again. Brand looked solid... Dennis is shooting poorly almost every game now. Gasol looked like shit on the defensive end.

• Like 2