• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Rockets

lethalweapon3

Great win considering the bad turnover stretch and miraculously getting out-assisted by them. As outstanding as our offense is, we've trsnsformed overnight into a defensive team, 97 allowed a game, good for 6th in the league and climbing. Man I just wanna buy Bud a drink and tell him "thank you." Let's Go.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Ok..............that was an impressive win.

At the risk of jinxing it all, I'll get a little bit excited about this team's chances.  And yes, I will pull some crow out of the freezer.  Not gonna cook it yet, but I'll thaw it out.  

This team plays such great basketball.  Having suffered though the misery of Woodson and boneheaded Josh, it's been a joy to watch Bud's work from day one.  Will it translate into post season wins?  Will that take us to the ECF's?  Will it convince guys to sign here?  I can't say.  I have to admit right now though that we're not a middle of the pack team.

• Like 1

just a solid win.

playing in Houston, gutting it out down the stretch even after Houston made 15 3's tonight - 

and then I remember we have just won in Cleveland and in Houston....without a great player in Teague.

Wow.

Another tough challenge on Monday, will be fun to watch

Now just imagine what a clown like Lance Stephenson(who a lot of posters wanted), or Josh Smith(who a lot of posters wanted to keep), would've done to this "team" concept....lol at the internet GM's...

• Like 4

I've been wrong so far this year. Impressive effort. Great team effort.

This should have been a game in which the Hawks should struggle.... But they showed a lot in that 4th period.

Oh, screw Jason Terry and his washed up ass. Fluke performance for him tonight. Never liked him.;.. He was a bust here unless you're impressed with scoring on a bad team. Too bad he got to go to Dallas to leech off of Dirk.

• Like 2

Now just imagine what a clown like Lance Stephenson(who a lot of posters wanted), or Josh Smith(who a lot of posters wanted to keep), would've done to this "team" concept....lol at the internet GM's...

I'll gladly raise my hand on the Lance thing. Got some Louisiana Hot Sauce on my crow and everything. Tastes good.
  • Like 3

At the risk of jinxing it all, I'll get a little bit excited about this team's chances. And yes, I will pull some crow out of the freezer. Not gonna cook it yet, but I'll thaw it out.

This team plays such great basketball. Having suffered though the misery of Woodson and boneheaded Josh, it's been a joy to watch Bud's work from day one. Will it translate into post season wins? Will that take us to the ECF's? Will it convince guys to sign here? I can't say. I have to admit right now though that we're not a middle of the pack team.

Admitting you're wrong is a fine character trait. Wish more on the board had it.
  • Like 1

I've been wrong so far this year. Impressive effort. Great team effort.

This should have been a game in which the Hawks should struggle.... But they showed a lot in that 4th period.

Oh, screw Jason Terry and his washed up ass. Fluke performance for him tonight. Never liked him.;.. He was a bust here unless you're impressed with scoring on a bad team. Too bad he got to go to Dallas to leech off of Dirk.

Here here!!

Before Monday: "b-b-b-but the Hawks haven't played anybody"

After Wednesday: "b-b-but wait till they play western conference teams"

I love it when the home team makes talking heads look stupid. I even see people trying to move the goalposts to the playoffs now lol

• Premium Member

At the risk of jinxing it all, I'll get a little bit excited about this team's chances.  And yes, I will pull some crow out of the freezer.  Not gonna cook it yet, but I'll thaw it out.  

This team plays such great basketball.  Having suffered though the misery of Woodson and boneheaded Josh, it's been a joy to watch Bud's work from day one.  Will it translate into post season wins?  Will that take us to the ECF's?  Will it convince guys to sign here?  I can't say.  I have to admit right now though that we're not a middle of the pack team.

Edited by Peoriabird

• Moderators

Didn't wanna jinx it, but congrats to Kyle for passing this guy! (the tall one, of course!)

131111211734-14-ted-turner-horizontal-ga

^And would it hurt to have a little Throwback Night for that uni?

tom-mcmillen-played-in-the-nba-for-11-se

Time sure flies! Thanks for your service, Congressman!

140428_tom_mcmillen_ap_328_605.jpg

~lw3

• Like 1