• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stuart Scott RIP

00Blink

Stuart Scott died today at age 49 from cancer.

I liked Stuart.

RIP and be cancer-free

The tear-jerker for me was when he accepted the Dickie V award for perseverance at the Espy's in July 2014. When he called his youngest daughter on stage and said, 'daddy needs a hug' and she came on stage, hugged him and cried in his arms...it's jerking them now.

The tear-jerker for me was when he accepted the Dickie V award for perseverance at the Espy's in July 2014. When he called his youngest daughter on stage and said, 'daddy needs a hug' and she came on stage, hugged him and cried in his arms...it's jerking them now.

For those who haven't seen it and remember Stu fondly, the acceptance speech is well worth watching:

There's also a longer version that includes a video segment about his battle with cancer.

What a shame - I really liked the guy on ESPN - very professional.

Lost a sister-in-law fairly recently to cancer at a similar age.  I would have bet anything that she would be tending her garden when my brother and I were pushing up Daisies.  Not fair.

RIP Stu and you will be remembered by many.  A real ESPN stalwart.

This is so sad to me. I'm sure like many of you he's the best there's been in doing highlights. So many memorable catch phrases. He just seemed like a good person and my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Eisen's tribute to him was really great too. 

RIP to a great man!

Heard the news yesterday. So sad. Way too young. I know we all have to go some day, but it seemed way too soon for him at 49. Been watching him since the 90's. I was actually thinking of him a few days ago when I watched White men can't jump for the millionth time and Woody yelled..Boo-Ya ...Last night before going to bed I said a prayer for him and his family then flipped my pillow over to the cooler side for the coolest guy...RIP.