• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Worried about Pero

CBAreject

Haha, I keep trying to tell you guys that Bud loves him some Pero - for reasons that apparently most of you don't see.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/budenholzer-plans-to-stick-with-Antić/nkHxq/

Budenholzer plans to stick with Antić

3:04 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2015

Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer has no plans to change his rotation in regard to Pero Antić.

The Hawks reserve center has struggled with his outside shot, particularly from 3-point range, this season. Antić has made 77 of 213 shots, including 35 of 122 from 3-point range (.287), and averaged 5.7 points and 3.0 rebounds per game. Last season, his first in the NBA, the Macedonia native made 123 of 294 shots, including 56 of 171 from 3-point range (.327), and averaged 7.0 points and 4.2 rebounds.

Budenholzer was asked about Antić’s struggles following practice Tuesday.

“It’s the same thing we’ve talked about since Pero got here,” Budenholzer said. “He does so many other things well. I do like it when he shoots it and it goes in. That would be preferable. I do think, (with) some people, there is too much emphasis put on him shooting – making, not making. When you look at his impact on the game and all kinds of different statistical things, he is a huge positive. We tell him to keep shooting. We believe in him and he’ll make shots.”

Sounds like the next Bobby Cox to me. 

Bud would rather sink with someone that doesn't belong in this league than to look for better options.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

While Payne looked good in those highlights, it failed to add the full game which accounted for 11 missed shots out of 15....

I trust in Bud for now.  I mean he's not going to throw Pero under the bus when he is already lacking confidence in his offense, he was smart to support him.  If he keeps it up another couple games though we really need to look at replacing him or really lowering his minutes.

I want to feel set and confident in our lineup come playoff time and I just don't have a good feeling Pero will show up after last years performance, especially with the struggles now.  Its been so bad recently his plus minus is suffering because of it.  We're not asking for much dude!

• Moderators

While Payne looked good in those highlights, it failed to add the full game which accounted for 11 missed shots out of 15....

I trust in Bud for now.  I mean he's not going to throw Pero under the bus when he is already lacking confidence in his offense, he was smart to support him.  If he keeps it up another couple games though we really need to look at replacing him or really lowering his minutes.

I want to feel set and confident in our lineup come playoff time and I just don't have a good feeling Pero will show up after last years performance, especially with the struggles now.  Its been so bad recently his plus minus is suffering because of it.  We're not asking for much dude!

I'm a big fan of Pero but there is no denying his February has absolutely sucked.   But he's playing more than 5 minutes a game less in february than the rest of the season.   Which is about 35% less.  He only averaged 12 minutes a game so I think Bud recognizes this slump and is adjusting accordingly.   Hopefully Pero get's back to form soon.

• Like 1

Sounds like the next Bobby Cox to me. 

Bud would rather sink with someone that doesn't belong in this league than to look for better options.

Comparing to Bobby, I'd be ok going to the playoffs 14 yrs in a row and winning one Finals...

yes that is where I'm at as an ATL sports fan :/

Pero Antić has hit 2 shots in the last 7 games and people still like this guy!  Amazing!

Early this season before All Star break, he was playing great.  He was hitting consistent face up three pointers. I think he lost his rhythm, He just need to make few three pointers to get his rhythm back.

• Like 1

Lets keep this real. The Hawks, like ive said over and over, are a PURELY built jump shooting team. The low post is a after thought. Pero supporters say that " he brings the intangibles that coach bud likes." " he spreads the floor".  He brings intangibles alright. He intangles the hawks into letting other teams stay in the game. Last year, without Horford, and with a young team still learning the system, we still almost beat the Pacers in the playoffs. Problem was, Pero shot us out of winning that series.

The things that people say he can do, he is NOT doing. Dude hoisting bricks. Misses one on nothing layups. Is terrible on the fast break, and thats if he gets out and runs at all, doe not block shots. Dude is in the way and coach bud, for all he has done great, and he has, the ONE mistake thats gonna bite the hawks in the butt is keeping Pero in the rotation and not going out and at LEAST getting a big that can rebound and defend the paint.

Ive seen enough of the Hawks to see what they are about. If the shots are falling, they CANT be beat. If they shoot average to poor, you got your chance. The reason is obvious, they cant rebound or defend the paint. Too much pressure is put on Millsap to hold down his scoring and trying to rebound. Horford as we all know has never been a true center. When you watch the hawks games, like last night, they have to work themselves into a shooting groove, while the other teams are starting to destroy the inside of the hawk defense for easy buckets.

Lets hope this boo boo by hawks management doesnt bite us in the playoffs because im tired of Pero being in the rotation shooting bricks. Teams dont even defend him anymore.....

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Apparently you can brick as many 3 pointers as you want(AND KEEP TAKING THEM) as long as your name isn't Josh Smith. At what point do the negatives start to outweigh the positives? This is coming from a Pero fan for what it's worth.